reverendvader
post Dec 1 2004, 12:11 PM
Post #1

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 1,063

Bribing them would be nice.

I started a thread on the Ubi forums regarding a discovery I made in the Myst Library. I truly believe it to be an indication of further egg(s). Possibly access to Rime...

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=40...34&m=3751088542

I would really love you're input and ideas.

Though, technically, I'm shifting this discussion away from UU.

Should I start another thread and repost my findings?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kurtg1265
post Dec 2 2004, 12:46 AM
Post #2

Cactus King
Group Icon

Group: Veteran Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 93

Yes, I would say it really belongs in the TPotS section, which I can move there. I really dont think it is going to be possible to visit Rime though. All of the ages that are available to visit are listed in the dat folder, including Myst(it even lists the egg recipe file). There is no mention of Rime whatsoever that I can see. If it was to be available, I would think there would be some indication of it this folder.

--------------------

+Quote Post
anubis137
post Dec 2 2004, 01:45 PM
Post #3

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,955

I suspect this is a left over from live plans. The myst model may have been original made with the intentions to put rime-or another age-in that pedestal in the future, but, clearly, live didn't live long enough for these plans to come into fruition. The idea that its a porting glitch is totally possible, too.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image

+Quote Post
master neo
post Feb 9 2007, 01:36 AM
Post #4

Uru Explorer
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,911

I just now found the rime pillar but I dont think that this was done on purpose. I have some experience with CAD programs and have done some moddeling for games before and just a slip of the hand or a bump of the mouse one can move an object. Even just a little bit. It dosent take much. We know that it was not left in for Live because as far as I know LIve was and still is Just an on Line form of prime ABM. at the time of Live, POTS was not out yet. I can't be shure but I dont think that they were working on it then but they may have been. But you never know, has any one contacted CYAN about this? I think mabey they raised the pillar just to give us some thing to investigate and to spend three years trying to figure out.

--------------------
I gave up on signatures a long time ago...

+Quote Post
L'lee
post Feb 9 2007, 09:35 AM
Post #5

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 1,084

QUOTE (master neo @ Feb 9 2007, 12:36 AM) *
. We know that it was not left in for Live because as far as I know LIve was and still is Just an on Line form of prime ABM. at the time of Live, POTS was not out yet. I can't be shure but I dont think that they were working on it then but they may have been.

Oh, my friend, you are wonderfully mistaken! Live is no longer just an online form of prime ABM. We have seen an entirely new garden age, we now have the ability to get to areas in Ae'gura that were completely closed in the offline Uru: Ages Beyond Myst (ABM) release. They may not have been working on Uru after The Path of the Shell (TPOTS) expansion pack was released, but they have been feverishly working on it ever since Turner announced that they were going to fund a new iteration of Uru:Live (now called Myst Online: Uru Live)....

The DRC site has had quite an update showing new areas that have been discovered as well as areas that are nearly through the restoration phases (presumably the ones that will be released the soonest for us to explore)...

We also have the promise of an "entirely new garden age" as the official launch of MOUL on GameTap happens in one week.

The only difference that [US and Canadian] players are seeing, at this point, is that instead of paying to play only Uru: Live this time around, there is a vault of some 700+ old "out of print" games in addition to MOUL. And as soon as GameTap's subscription service expands into the rest of the world, which they are actively pursuing, those countries will have the same 700-game access as well. (*L'lee crosses fingers and toes that her Oceania and European friends have full GameTap access soon, but is awfully glad for at least the international access option for the short term*)

--------------------
When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my response is,
"I am thankful that I have a cup!"

+Quote Post
UruBoo
post Feb 9 2007, 10:03 AM
Post #6

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 61

(*L'lee crosses fingers and toes that her Oceania and European friends have full GameTap access soon, but is awfully glad for at least the international access option for the short term*)

Ok L'lee, I know now that I am of now importance after all down.gif .

headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

Click here to view/hide a spoiler.
just kidding, I know I have a 0.0001% of importance here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ayli
post Feb 9 2007, 11:15 AM
Post #7

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 7

Boo, you didn't value yourself properly.

Your importance is equal to 0.0172% and that is a gross number.

Now taking into account that there are probably 40% of the forumites that are an active participants (and you are an active one), that would bring your importance level up to 0.688%. Then there is a fact, that you are a Greeter, we double that and it would bring your level of importance up to 1.376% yay.gif That is more than 1,000 times (one thousand) better, than you valued yourself thumbsup.gif hug.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
L'lee
post Feb 9 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #8

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,084

QUOTE (UruBoo @ Feb 9 2007, 09:03 AM) *
(*L'lee crosses fingers and toes that her Oceania and European friends have full GameTap access soon, but is awfully glad for at least the international access option for the short term*)

Ok L'lee, I know now that I am of now importance after all down.gif .

headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

just kidding, I know I have a 0.0001% of importance here.

shock.gif Oh, Boo... blush.gif I am so sorry... console.gif

What I meant was that I want all of my International friends to have full access soon! hug.gif I should know better than to post anything before noon! I haven't got enough caffeine in my system till then! lmao.gif

Please accept my humblest apologies and know that I am headbang.gif for the oversight!

--------------------
When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my response is,
"I am thankful that I have a cup!"

+Quote Post
master neo
post Feb 9 2007, 07:10 PM
Post #9

Uru Explorer
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,911

I'm sorry I should have made myself clear that I was not refering to the new Live but to Until Uru. Plus I just did a little research and found out that I was also wrong in saying that the content of the expantion packs were not intended for Live. I do really hope to join GameTap for my birthday. Ya! See you guys soon. P.S. my birthday is on the 15th of feb. What a quawinkadinc!

This post has been edited by master neo: Feb 9 2007, 07:11 PM

--------------------
I gave up on signatures a long time ago...

+Quote Post
cat'ja
post Feb 9 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #10

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 45

Boo, you are simply invaluable; priceless, precious, a joy to know.

There. All better now? hug.gif ........cat

--------------------
"I used to think I was weird, then I discovered I was just out of context."

OPTIMAM PARTEM ELEGIT

+Quote Post
CAGrayWolf
post Feb 9 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #11

The Wolfmeister
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 35

QUOTE (master neo @ Feb 8 2007, 10:36 PM) *
I just now found the rime pillar but I dont think that this was done on purpose.

We know that it was not left in for Live because as far as I know LIve was and still is Just an on Line form of prime ABM. at the time of Live, POTS was not out yet. I can't be shure but I dont think that they were working on it then but they may have been.

QUOTE (master neo @ Feb 9 2007, 04:10 PM) *
I'm sorry I should have made myself clear that I was not refering to the new Live but to Until Uru. Plus I just did a little research and found out that I was also wrong in saying that the content of the expantion packs were not intended for Live. I do really hope to join GameTap for my birthday. Ya! See you guys soon. P.S. my birthday is on the 15th of feb. What a quawinkadinc!

Glad you did some research on this. Let me add to all this.

UrU Live ... formally code named D.I.R.T and Mudpie (among several others) ... had been in development since shortly after Riven was released and was started in 1998 with ideas and concepts. In 2000, Cyan released realMYST, this was the initial test engine for UrU and at the same time release Myst the way Cyan had originally intended it to be ... essentially killing two birds with one stone.

Another misconception ... UrU was never intended to be an offline stand alone game. It was meant to be a complete online game from the very beginning. It was at about a year before UrU Live was to be released that Ubisoft insisted on an offline game, hence the release of UrU: ABM. Cyan had to then and rather quickly revamp all the then current puzzles from multi-player to single player mode. After the demise of UrU Live, which was shut down because Ubisoft was not seeing the number of pre-subscriptions they wanted. They were basing this along side other MMO's and didn't know any better.

Moving along ... Cyan and Ubisoft decided to release expansion packs for UrU: ABM to try and recoup some of the losses and at the same time keep the game in the public eye. But Cyan was not happy with this outcome and pursued other ventures to keep afloat while they figured out a better plan. Part of this included the release of a pre-prologue (last beta build) version of UrU Live and called that Until UrU (UU) to help keep the dream alive. Obviously UU took on a life of it's own and caught the interest of Trent (as I recall) who presented it to GameTap.

In the interim, Cyan worked on and release Myst V EoA, partly thinking this would be the end of Cyan (almost was), they wanted to "write the ending" their way AND (in probably desperate hopes) testing a new engine for (again hoping) the possible return of UrU Live ... which was in some negotiations by this time.

This is a very simplified synopsis of what happened. There are far more detailed events of what and how things happened and why. Some are facts, some are speculations. No one is to blame for anything that has happened. Many of us knew back during the first beta that UrU Live was not ready and neither was the world. Even Cyan knew this, but were not given a choice in the matter and so ... UrU was released approximately a year ahead of when it should have been. What has happened in the past three years is what has kept the dream alive and brought us to where we are today.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2019 - 05:25 PM