Cyoor
post Jul 4 2006, 12:13 PM
Post #1

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 4,203

Hi!
First of all I just wanna tell you I dont want any spoilers at all, so dont post them. The reason im here is that I have walked around and feel like there realy sint anything to do and I want to talk about what ive seen, and get my eyes opend abit.

This is what ive seen so far and what ive done:

Click here to view/hide a spoiler.
On top of the island there is a telescope. Ive figured out that this is just for observing and that it doesnt have to realy be directed in ant specific direction, since its not connected to anything else in any way, and doesnt reflect anything and so on. (Noted: The lighthouse is at 135 degrees, rest is just rocks and so on)

When you go down a bit there are 2 entrances into the mountain, one down into a ship, and one way out to the lighthouse. There is also a way out to some thing with 3 buttons under an umbrella. I figured out quite fast that it was for emptying the water out of each of the 3 places on the island. (nothing more to it what ive figured out this far)

I figured out how to get the chest floating and get the key to open the lighthouse. I also figured out how to use the power supply thingy and that it powers up the lighthouse and the rest of th lights on the island. I've tryed to keep this up as much as I can, since its easier to see that way. (but ive checked evetything with it of to just in case) Down by the chest at the bottom of the lighthouse isnt anything of use eather, so I guess I just leave that area alone now when Ive gotten the chest up.

Down in back of the boat its just dark. There are a desk or something down there, and lots of arrows. Nothing to touch or interact with in any way tho. The reason for the place I guess must be to check out the view under water. Outside there are some boubles, fishes, more arrows and some round metal things (wich I dont know what they may be for yet) Nothing more down there anyway.

The third place you empty the water from is in fact two areas connected with a tunnle in between. On the way down there isnt realy anything intresting. Ive tried to pres on the walls everywhere with no luck (except for the passage between ofcorse). When the lights are off, there are a blue light flashing and when the light is on.. well then its on... smile.gif In the middle of the passage there is a big compas thingy. Ive tried to check if there is any way to change it, but its the same no matter what I do in the other rooms.

There are two more rooms. one with a skeleton thingy hanging from the roof in one of the corners and one with abit nicer enviroment. (I can call them "the skeleton room" and "the other room" from now on)

In the skeleton room there are a rose/skull thingy. Ive tried to have it on each side, in the middle, switched on and of and checked the enviroment (and the compass ofcorse), but nothing happens. Hant figured out what its for. There is also a bed with a blue peace of book paper and since he said I should collect the blue papers when I was on the first island, I guess I picked that one up to get it back to the book in some way. The rose/scull thing was standing on a chest of drawer with only one usefull drawer, that had a paper that was half destroyed. It had some things written on that I figured was for the switches on the first island. Other then that the drawers was filled with maps and stuff like that that couldnt be used.

The other room have got some things that you can interact with. First there are the globes.. They kinda turn by themself when you put your hand over them and they are diffrent from eachother. You cant change them or interact with them in any other way what Ive seen. There are the desk that got a thigy on top, that (just like the rose/skull thing) ive tried to touch several times and checked the enviroment. (no result) When you open the desk there are some stuff, but nothing to pick up or do anything with. On the other side of the room there is a chest of drawers with alot of things you can open. In one drawer there are a pink/red paper and in another there are some books. The only thing you can do anything with tho is the paper. But since I could only have one peace of paper at a time I decided to walk around with the blue one. Other then that I couldnt find anything usefull in that room eather.

Well This is all I ve seen about the island.
I figured something is magnetic, and that the big round metal things had something to do with it, Ive also figured out that something has gone terrably wrong with that age, since I read in one of the books on the first myst island that there had been sun most of the time there, and now its only raining (and noone lives here anymore)

My feeling with the island is that I dont realy have anything more there to do, and that i just wanna use a linkingbook back to rhe regular myst age to use my blue paper. The only problem is that i have no Idea of how to find a linking book :/

So now I feel like I'm walking around in the rainnexploring the island over and over again (and the island isnt that big, so its kinda fast done)

So my two basic questions I have in my mind right now is:
Is there anything else i should do before I try to get home? (only answer this one with a Yes/No answer if you are thinking about answering)
.. And if there isnt anything more I should be doing here, what do I do to get home and how do I do it? (realy dont answer that one, cause I guess that would ruin the thing abit wink3.gif )

Well now my question to you guys is.. Is there any realy obvious thing ive missed? Is there anything I can interact with that I havnt seen?

I have the feeling right now that there isnt realy any puzzle for me to solve, so I think I have to find a puzzle before I can even try solving whatever it is that is going on.

Please dont give me more then a nudge, a point of view or something, no spoilers.. Just something for me to think about...

Moderator Note

Added spoiler tags

This post has been edited by Tech: Jul 4 2006, 05:27 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MysterExile_III
post Jul 4 2006, 12:26 PM
Post #2

Uru Explorer
Group Icon

Member No.: 345

Well I must say, there is only one thing left for you to do if you want to get back to Myst. From your description, you haven't exactly 'missed' it, just overlooked it.

Try looking aROUND, for something that may POINT you in the right DIRECTION.

If you still need more here is another nudge. It's not a dead give away or solution or anything, but I'll put it in spoiler brackets anyway:
You need to go back and look at that large metal compass thing in the bottom of the mountain... you can infact interact with it

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cyoor
post Jul 4 2006, 12:36 PM
Post #3

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Thanks.. I will wait some before reading the spoiler tag smile.gif
Thanks for puting it in one.. I guess I will have to walk around some and check for things I may have missed in the still existing things there.. =)

+Quote Post
budgiemom
post Jul 4 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #4

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 1,404

bye2.gif Hi...that is sooo cool, that you don't want spoilers so here is some advice that you can apply to ANY myst puzzle in any Myst game: If the power is off, you must find a way to turn it on permanently!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cyoor
post Jul 4 2006, 01:08 PM
Post #5

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Ok..
I checked the arrows, in the back of the boat, but since they pointed in all diffrent directions I figured that it couldnt be them..
So I went down to the compas and checked it out abit more.. Guess I missed that i could touch the metal things around it..
Well i did touch a random one and the blue flashing light went on.. I dint know if it was a coinsidence, so i charged the batteries and tried again.. Guess I discharged them when I touched it. Well there were 32 diffrent metal things around, so I figured just one could be the right one.. I tryed with north, sounth and the 12:th one (since 12/32 is the same as 135/360), but nothing special happend.. I guess I may have misscalculated, but Im on the right track now.. Thanks for the help, now I have something to solve finaly smile.gif

Dont post any more clues or anything here now plz smile.gif

+Quote Post
MysterExile_III
post Jul 4 2006, 01:10 PM
Post #6

Uru Explorer
Group Icon

I'm glad we were able to help. bye2.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cyoor
post Jul 4 2006, 01:24 PM
Post #7

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Haha.. So easy.. biggrin.gif
It was the 12th one (just miscounted them wink3.gif )

Well I went around and found the boat lite up, and well there were a table, so why not check it out.. Out of the plain sufice came a book biggrin.gif

Btw, saw the last post by budgiemom first now smile.gif And well.. Ive played riven, exile and uru before, so I know the idea smile.gif Thanks anyway tho =)

Moderator Note

Put answer into spoiler tags so not to spoil it for others

This post has been edited by racegirl: Jul 4 2006, 02:32 PM

+Quote Post
MysterExile_III
post Jul 4 2006, 01:27 PM
Post #8

Uru Explorer
Group Icon

Great Job Cyoor! clapping.gif Those puzzles can be tricky when you don't find the clues.

And welcome to the GoG forums! HIT-and-drag.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
L'lee
post Jul 4 2006, 02:43 PM
Post #9

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 1,084

QUOTE (Cyoor @ Jul 4 2006, 01:24 PM) *
Haha.. So easy.. biggrin.gif
It was the 12th one (just miscounted them wink3.gif )

Well I went around and found the boat lite up, and well there were a table, so why not check it out.. Out of the plain sufice came a book biggrin.gif

And now you know that, just because an area didn't have anything "interactive" in it when you looked the first time doesn't mean that something you do won't "trigger" an interactive point in the future...

No matter how many times you have looked in the same spot, if you do something that changes parameters, check it again and see if something changed...

--------------------
When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my response is,
"I am thankful that I have a cup!"

+Quote Post
Cyoor
post Jul 4 2006, 04:32 PM
Post #10

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

QUOTE (L @ Jul 4 2006, 07:43 PM) *
No matter how many times you have looked in the same spot, if you do something that changes parameters, check it again and see if something changed...

Yes I know.. Thats why I checked it every time I changed something with the
rose/scull
and so on.
The only problem I had realy was that it was hard to get a "interact cursor" over
the things around the compas
since im playing realMyst wich is 3D.

Hmm.. Now im done with the channelwood age aswell.. That age was realy to easy =/ Didnt even take me an hour to complete it...
I hope the other ages are abit mor fun, this one was just the same thing all trough the age.

Btw how do I edit a post that isnt the last in the topic? I think I should put almost the whole first post in spoiler tags now when I know how to do it smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cyoor: Jul 4 2006, 04:25 PM

+Quote Post
MysterExile_III
post Jul 4 2006, 04:42 PM
Post #11

Uru Explorer
Group Icon

If you thought the other ages were too easy, have fun toiling with sliders endlessly when you get to the rocketship age. bye2.gif

I think only Mods have the power to edit anything besides the last post.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ja'de
post Jul 4 2006, 04:44 PM
Post #12

Guild Master
Group Icon

Group: Admin (Admin)
Member No.: 19

Welcome to the forums Cyoor.
You can edit a post only for 1 hour. After that, you must either ask a mod to edit it for you or create another post.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cyoor
post Jul 4 2006, 05:17 PM
Post #13

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

QUOTE (MysterExile_III @ Jul 4 2006, 09:42 PM) *
If you thought the other ages were too easy, have fun toiling with sliders endlessly when you get to the rocketship age. bye2.gif

I think only Mods have the power to edit anything besides the last post.

Hehe.. I look forward to it.. I have the Mecanical age left firt tho smile.gif

Jade:
Thanks biggrin.gif I realy like the fast answers and the active comunity here. Amazing that people care so much about even old games like Myst and help when needed smile.gif

You think you could edit my first post in this thread then? I think it would be good to have everything after "This is what ive seen so far and what ive done:" to my questions in spoiler tags for anyone that comes around here not wanting it spoiled smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cyoor
post Jul 4 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #14

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Im done with the mecanical age now smile.gif
Just have to see what the last age brings smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cyoor: Jul 4 2006, 06:48 PM

+Quote Post
Cyoor
post Jul 4 2006, 09:20 PM
Post #15

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Rocketage completed
Am I onn my way to complete Myst under 24h? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2019 - 07:15 AM