buy antibiotics without prescription
Guild of Greeters   Suitable for Every Age   

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Corrupt Save Game, And how I got by it.
Ja'de
post Sep 25 2005, 12:47 PM
Post #1

Guild Master
Group Icon

Group: Admin (Admin)
Member No.: 19

I had a problem last night when my system locked up. It ended up corrupting my last saved game and since I was just starting the 4th age, I was a little upset. I kept getting a c++ run time error popup box and the game would shut down. I was able to start a new game with out a problem but could not continue my almost finished game. I had tried re-installing, since an uninstall does not remove your saved games but still had the problem. I looked at the save game directory C:\Documents and Settings\Pat\Local Settings\Application Data\Myst V End of Ages\sav and then the store 1 directory. If I removed or renamed globalstate.data, the gome would start up fine but I was at the beginning. I then started to look at each of the numbered folders in this directory and realized that each had a globalstate.data file that increased in size as the folder number increased. I copied the file from the largest folder number into the Store 1 directory and restarted the game. I was able to continue my almost finished game with very little data loss. Just thought I'd pass it along. Now I'm going to see if I can use the same method to see each of the different endings.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
T_S_Kimball
post Sep 30 2005, 04:18 PM
Post #2

Uru Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 2,505

Hmm. I'm getting weirdness like CTD and one of the tablets ghosting. I've probably triggered a bug somewhere but I'll give this a shot.

--TSK
linking.gif

--------------------
Timothy S. Kimball - Perpetual Guardsman

The Kind Healer - Web Log and Home

Endings are never written, for we exist in them today.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th November 2019 - 10:14 PM