buy antibiotics without prescription
Guild of Greeters   Suitable for Every Age   

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Realmyst And Vista, Can't seem to start realMyst on vista any more.
master neo
post Jan 17 2009, 01:41 PM
Post #1

Uru Explorer
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 3,911

I just got realMyst and installed it on my laptop wich has Vista. I had to set it to 98 compatability and it seemed to work fine. Now, a day later, it wont start any more. It either just won't start or it gives me a"realmyst has stoped working. trying to find a solution."
I don't know what to do. Thanks.

--------------------
I gave up on signatures a long time ago...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
J'iim
post Jan 17 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,706

Unfortunately, it appears that realMYST will not run on either Vista or Windows 7. It might start maybe 1 time out of 10 or twenty attempts but that appears to be more of a glitch than a success. The problem appears to be that when the game tries to start, the Windows Desktop Manager does not permit the game to take control of the display. (This is purely my opinion based on the application log entries I've seen... realMYST appears to try to turn off desktop composition and the WDM and restart it.)

The version of realMYST that is downloadable from GameTap worked the last time I tried it. Not sure what they did to make it work but I have not been able to find any solution anywhere on the web. It will work on a virtual Windows98 PC if you install Windows VirtualPC. Of course you will need a Windows98 O/S to install.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th November 2019 - 06:28 PM