Lord Chaos
post Oct 18 2014, 08:12 AM
Post #1

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 3,876

Hi, folks.

For about 9 years I've been working on what I call the Silk Road Musical Journey, inspired by watching the NHK video series. More music has become available in that time, and the Journey has become gradually richer and more varied. When last presented in Second Life, in May of this year, it ran 9.5 hour. We did it in one day and decided that was too much. At the same time, I got to thinking that I could improve the music, too.

Four months later the rebuild was as complete as these things ever are. The Journey was now in 9 separate segments, totalling 14 hours, to be presented on 9 days. While doing this I discovered some truly wonderful music: Mongolian yatga, Chinese lute, Sufi chants, Turkish classical. Each "day's" journey has music from the area we're passing through. It ends with a big party in Istanbul.

I will be presenting this in Kerryth's lovely Silk Road Rest Stop at Second Life's Burn 2 area. 9 days, starting today (Saturday, October 18) at 2PM Pacific Daylight. That's 5P for you Easterners. Each day's music runs 1.5 hours. We end on Sunday, October 26, with the two-hour Istanbul special.

Segment 1: eastern China
Segment 2: Beyond the Yellow River
Segment 3: skirting Mongolia. Mongolian, Chines and Kyrgyz music
Segment 4: Tian Shan and the edge of the Taklamakan Desert, Uyghur music

Segment 5: Crossing into Central Asia
Segment 6: Afghanistan and eastern Iran
Segment 7: Western Iran, Iraq, Syria
Segment 8: Leaving Aleppo, crossing Anatolia to Istanbul

Segment 9: Celebrating our safe arrival in Istanbul

Music will be on the land server at Kerryth's pavilion. If you don't have an avatar in SL, you can listen at http://rel.to/ktdn using any media player EXCEPT VLC. We don't know why that doesn't work.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 07:39 PM