Myer
post Mar 17 2010, 08:58 PM
Post #1

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 9,299

I found this on the official URU forums

Shorah and Good Day to all of you out there.

As Jishin posted previously in the D'ni University thread, over at the GoMa we came up with the idea of having people visit Kirel for a day and allow explorers to come, visit and see the Guilds in motion. The ability for new players and old ones who had yet to delve into the Guilds see what they have done, still do and hope to do in the future may help to ease the questions some have and perhaps create a greater unity in the Cavern.

It is from this that I ask every Guild, official and unofficial, every Club, every Fan Group and all those who wish to share their commonalities and differences to take part in a bi-monthly "Interest Weekend" in Kirel from now until the foreseeable future. Whether this turns out to be weekly, bi-monthly or even monthly has yet to be decided on (my personal opinion falls around bi-monthly or simply once a month, but aside from that), yet regardless of the regularity, it's been felt that it would be nice if there was a feeling that the Guilds were showing an interest not only in open progress but also in simply connecting with explorers and giving them the chance to speak and learn from eachother in a relaxed environment.

The idea for the first interest meeting is that it will be held next weekend ( the weekend of March 27-28 ) throughout all hours of the two days. The notion is that Guilds and Clubs will meet in Kirel at any point in the day, gather around certain locations and then speak with anyone who shows interest in their groups. Even if people simply want to show their presence, this is an idea that I think would be enjoyable not only for the Guilds, but in the future for groups or clubs that want to get their message out without having to awkwardly go from person to person, and know from the get-go who's interested in what they have to say.

Again, this is completely optional for any and all of the Guilds, but it's intended that the Guild of Maintainers will definitely have a presence in Kirel over the coming weekend. We hope to see you there, and hope that other Guilds and Clubs will agree to show themselves and share their messages with everyone who wants to learn and take a more active role in the Cavern if they so choose.

Thanks in advance, and see you all in Kirel next weekend.

~M. Wheeler, Guild of Maintainers

I definitely think this would be a great way to get the Guild of Greeters moving again by participating in this. We could show common people the purpose and place of the GoG in the URU community and how we help nourish the online community. Any thoughts? Who would be willing to help participate and represent the GoG?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lial
post Mar 18 2010, 08:54 AM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,033

QUOTE (Myer @ Mar 17 2010, 09:58 PM) *
I found this on the official URU forums

I definitely think this would be a great way to get the Guild of Greeters moving again by participating in this. We could show common people the purpose and place of the GoG in the URU community and how we help nourish the online community. Any thoughts? Who would be willing to help participate and represent the GoG?

I believe our Guild Masters are still discussing the way to proceed. I've done this before in GameTap days. It was ok, but didn't produce an influx of people interested in becoming Greeters. I am willing to spend a couple of hours over the weekend talking about what we do provided the Guild as a whole decides to do it.

Remember! Greeters are common people who enjoy helping others. We belong to an organization for the support it provides each of us and the ideas we share for helping others in the game. Sometimes we play the role of bartender listening to personal problems of others, sometimes we are in loco parentis, sometimes disciplinarians out of necessity to keep conversations from becoming incendiary, but always we are common people who enjoy helping others in the game.

Lial

This post has been edited by Lial: Mar 18 2010, 08:56 AM

--------------------
Lial KI #290984

+Quote Post
Myer
post Apr 5 2010, 10:40 AM
Post #3

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,299

I just stopped into Kirel yesterday to see how the event was going and was very surprised at the amount of people there. I also got a chance to talk to Ural a bit about being a greater and shared my deep and uncontrolled desire to become one, one day and all in all it was very productive! Good job guys!

+Quote Post
MystyRiver
post Apr 5 2010, 11:55 AM
Post #4

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,034

I stopped in Kirel yesterday and it was practically empty. No one was at the greeter table and the only people who appeared to be there were manning other tables.

I left because it was not very interesting to me. No offense intended to anyone.
Rosa

+Quote Post
Deem
post Apr 5 2010, 02:31 PM
Post #5

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,822

QUOTE (MystyRiver @ Apr 5 2010, 08:55 AM) *
I stopped in Kirel yesterday and it was practically empty.

Bummer, I wanted to see you online! I was manning that table off and on throughout Saturday. Budgie, Rex, D'Narren, Ural, Kelm and OHB all came by to help. I was passing out a pamphlet one of the Guilds had created for all of us.

+Quote Post
Lial
post Apr 5 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #6

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,033

I spent a little time at the GoG table Saturday late morning eastern. A very few people were there other than those attending tables. People who stopped by the GoG table came to say hello or to chat, not to ask questions.

There's talk at MOUL forum about having these events monthly. I think that's too frequent, but will wait to see what happens the next time.

Deem, can you send me a KI mail copy of the pamphlet you distributed? Thanks.

Lial

This post has been edited by Lial: Apr 5 2010, 06:06 PM

--------------------
Lial KI #290984

+Quote Post
Ken Telinome
post Apr 5 2010, 09:06 PM
Post #7

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,259

The stomach flu kept me from stopping in down.gif . I hope overall it was a successful event.

--------------------

Avatar: Ken Telinome | KI: 00329185 | Blog: Living an Ecumenical Life

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th December 2019 - 03:22 PM