> D’ni Negilahn, New Journal
Ayli
post Jan 8 2005, 11:27 AM
Post #1

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 7

This Journal was found in the files of tPotS. It didn't appear in the game in the Book form. Looks like it would have been near the picture of creatures in the Museum. Maybe we will see this Age in the future. thumbsup.gif

Enjoy the read.

Taken from Dni Negilahn Introduction Pamphlet
Translated by Tricia Lawson 11.20.03

Welcome to Negilahn, home of the infamous tarpin shal and bezol pumi!

Negilahn was one of the first features added to our museum in 8797 at the request of Lord Jerahl. At the time Maintainers and Museum Staff felt that Negilahn had been researched enough to approve the Age for a Museum Pod that would allow our visitors to experience the Age for themselves.

You will notice that all of our Pods, including Negilahns, have a few special features. Fortunately, solar power enables our pods to function without outside power sources. However, though our pods will gain power throughout with minimal energy usage, heavy usage will also drain energy units fairly quickly. Be careful to not use up a Pods energy before nightfall or you may miss out on some sights.

Before you visit Negilahn, wed like to take a minute to get you acquainted with the creatures that live there. Please remember that while we have placed our Pod in an optimal position, you are visiting a natural habitat and we have no control over when and where you see our friends in Negilahnor if you will see anything at all. Our pods do have sound and scent emitters that will attract Negilahns inhabitants although, again, these are real animals and there are no guarantees.

Remember too, that all reactions to what you do in Negilahn are not always immediately evident.

Good luck.

Negilahn Creature Notes:

Rather than give away all the secrets of Negilahn, we want you to find creatures on your own. The following notes are only meant to provide you an introduction to the natural habitat of Negilahn.

We will say that if you cant find kiris, things arent going well. The large swarms usually fill the air, especially in the more open spaces. Kiri are one of the sole providers of nutrients for the urwins". If you see a swarm of kiris", look out; a urwin might be nearby.

Gipelis are another of Negilahns smaller creatures, although they are a much more colorful variety then the kiri.

Gipelis can often be seen gliding through the air and are a favorite treat for reepahs.

Nerims are slow moving and a beautiful native inhabitant of Negilahn. During mating seasons, especially at night, you have a good chance of being witness to some beautiful displays by female nerims. Ask a nearby Museum Guide for more information on nerim mating season.

Oocha paras, often seen dangling under trees, are actually young tarpin shals. See if you can follow the tarpin shals life cycle. Well give you a small hint: you will need to pay close attention to gahtsai.

Pumis hunt in packs and often eat the babies of Negilahns other inhabitants. Pumis will prey on sick, small, or weak adults much larger than them. Pumis like to jump from tree to tree so youll have to be quick.

See if you can find what likes to eat pumis. Well give you a hint: they eat very slowly and live high in the trees.

Another of Negiliahns inhabitants are fun-loving creatures that like to eat nerims, gipeli and other plants and animals.

Well tell you now that, however, that they are timid creatures and we often find them far away from the pod. If you happen to see a reepah consider yourself lucky.

Gahtsai are usually pretty easy to spot, especially when they are resting, so well let you see if you can find them without any hints. If you see one, notice its stripes; no two patterns are the same.

Though urwins are technically birds, they cant fly! However, with all the kiri around, they dont need to. Urwins are the only of Negilahns inhabitants that mate for life and are often seen in pairs.

If you get the chance to see a panuhdoy, youll know why it has the name it does. Thats all will tell you.

The tarpin shal is Negilahns most famous creature and if you get a chance to see one drop down on an unsuspecting animal below it, youll know why. Youll have to look carefully on the high branches, they are sometimes hard to see but they are worth the effort.

As for any other information, youll have to find it yourself. Good luck and we hope you enjoy Negilahn. Please ask a Museum Guide if you have any questions or problems.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mysti Sage
post Jan 8 2005, 11:47 AM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 2,066

Thanks for posting that, Ayli. smile.gif Very interesting.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ural
post Jan 8 2005, 01:46 PM
Post #3

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 2,720

Yes, very interesting... cant wait to visit...

+Quote Post
LaReh
post Jan 8 2005, 01:56 PM
Post #4

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

Pics of the Negilahn pod can be seen in the "Making Of Uru" back section of the Prima Games Guide to MYST URU: Complete Chronicles.
That and a whoooooooooole lot more too. Check it out, it's well worth the price.

+Quote Post
Ayli
post Jan 8 2005, 04:18 PM
Post #5

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 7

Got the book, by reading your recommendation some time ago. Very interesting read. Just looked at the pod. thumbsup.gif It looks so big, that many people could ride it at once.

--------------------

+Quote Post
coelho_buda
post Jan 8 2005, 05:26 PM
Post #6

Retired Greeter
Group Icon

Member No.: 215

Well, since Negilahn never made it into URU, it seems logic not to add the Journal to the game. It would just made us salivate without a reprive in sight...

--------------------
IPB Image
veritatem ad paradoxon

+Quote Post
Shadowcats
post Jan 8 2005, 07:41 PM
Post #7

Wizard of Oz
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 409

Maybe this age is sitting on a shelf somewhere at Cyan waiting to see the light of day like a few more ages that may have been totally or partly completed. whistling.gif

--------------------
Of all the things I've lost.....
I miss my mind the most..

+Quote Post
Ra'Phil
post Jan 9 2005, 05:18 AM
Post #8

Uru Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,848

Taken from the Complete Chronicles guide by Prima:

"And the true silver lining is that the vast majority of the Ages and stories created for Uru Live will see the light of day, in one form or another. "We intend to continue the story through additional releases both as the game [and] with additional novels," says Rand. "

There was more, but I assume alot of people have probably read the same thing.

--------------------
IPB Image
Happily Institutionalised in Uru Live. KI: 389384.

+Quote Post
Corona
post Jan 9 2005, 09:15 AM
Post #9

Blabberfingers
Group Icon

Member No.: 60

I want to see that huge mansion on a lake that an artist designed for the game, & the city along the cavern wall. I'm not big on novels. I want game!

+Quote Post
Shadowcats
post Jan 9 2005, 09:21 AM
Post #10

Wizard of Oz
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 409

<<<<<<< Has not bought Complete Chronicles guide by Prima headbang.gif maybe one day. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Of all the things I've lost.....
I miss my mind the most..

+Quote Post
Mysti Sage
post Jan 9 2005, 09:23 AM
Post #11

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,066

As do I, Cor. But I'd rather have two books than nothing, eh?

--------------------

+Quote Post
trickster721
post Jan 9 2005, 11:15 AM
Post #12

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 377

QUOTE (Ayli @ Jan 8 2005, 09:18 PM)
Got the book, by reading your recommendation some time ago. Very interesting read. Just looked at the pod. thumbsup.gif It looks so big, that many people could ride it at once.

I assumed at first that the pods moved through the Age too, but that doesn't make sense if they can run out of power. Remember that you have to link into these things. But then, I suppose it might be possible to attach the link to the pod the way they did with the fortress in Gahreesen. Not really the same thing, though - the fortress just stays in one place and rotates, and it's much bigger.

--------------------
To Strider: UhthisIseemtohavelostcontrolofmyavatarbutyoudiditright
To Strider: I'llberightback
From Strider: LOL
To Strider: There we go.
To Strider: As you can see, Relto sharing can be buggy.

+Quote Post
marjan
post Jan 11 2005, 09:33 AM
Post #13

Uru Explorer
Group Icon

Member No.: 945

QUOTE (Shadowcats @ Jan 9 2005, 12:41 AM)
Maybe this age is sitting on a shelf somewhere at Cyan waiting to see the light of day like a few more ages that may have been totally or partly completed.  whistling.gif

Myst-tree.com? whistling.gif
a whole jungle to explore soon?

+Quote Post
jipski the great
post Oct 16 2005, 08:29 AM
Post #14

Uru Explorer
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,665

QUOTE (Shadowcats @ Jan 9 2005, 01:41 AM)
Maybe this age is sitting on a shelf somewhere at Cyan waiting to see the light of day like a few more ages that may have been totally or partly completed.  whistling.gif

maybe Releesh-ahn will be there too unsure.gif unsure.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Larsschermer
post Oct 18 2005, 01:21 PM
Post #15

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,577

I know this is an old topicbut still...i have a few pictures of negliahn:

Click here to view a spoiler.

Click here to view a spoiler.

This post has been edited by Larsschermer: Oct 18 2005, 01:21 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2019 - 02:14 AM