buy antibiotics without prescription
Guild of Greeters   Suitable for Every Age   

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Syberia, cannot exit game normally or save at all.
Kaym
post Feb 23 2010, 05:09 PM
Post #1

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 5,248

This maybe shouldn't be posted here at all since it is not a question about a Myst game. But I do think it is a technical problem. I am trying to play Syberia for the 2nd time. I played it 2 years ago and didn't finish. The data files were still in My Directory. When I re installed the game and then tried to exit, I could not find it and of course there was no way to save the new play.
If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate hearing them. Kay
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nighthawk
post Feb 23 2010, 11:01 PM
Post #2

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

I'm having a little trouble understanding your problem.

Here is what I think you are saying. You know where your old data files are in you directory. But you reinstalled the game and now can't find where the reinstalled game is located.

If that is the case, here is a suggestion. If, when you reinstalled the game, it automatically installed a shortcut on your desktop, which most games do, and you are running Windows (or at least if running XP - not sure how this would work with Win7), the find your desktop shortcut, right click on it, select Properties and click on that. You should be at a screen that has several buttons in the lower portion of the screen, one of which is "Find Target". Left click that button, and it should take you to the location of the newly installed game.

Then just go to your old files (or if you don't know where they are , use Windows Explorer to search for all other Syberia files and find them).

Then you should be able to drag the old data and other files from your prior intallation folder into your new file folder and have your old saves available, although you may need to delete your new data file that has no saves in it to do so.

This post has been edited by Nighthawk: Feb 23 2010, 11:03 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
UruBoo
post Feb 24 2010, 05:54 AM
Post #3

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 61

I really didn't understand what you are asking, Kaym. Are you not finding the right way to exit the game AND the way to save the game? If it is this, then if I remember, you should press ESC, the menu appears and you have the choices to resume/options/save/load/exit game. To save, you have to click on a blank square - it will record a picture and date/time of the saving. It's been a while (2/3 years) since a played last time...

P.S. Maybe a Mod can move this topic to the right place - General Gaming Forum?

This post has been edited by UruBoo: Feb 24 2010, 05:58 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kaym
post Feb 24 2010, 10:52 AM
Post #4

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Thanks to UruBoo and Nighthawk for trying to answer my problem. My problem is when I press Escape, one of the information things pops up in the left hand corner. I didn't really remember how to get to the exit screen with the Save windows. But I think that file, folder, command or whatever did not get installed as part of the program. Would that be an exe. file on the game disk.
I can get into the game using the old data files but I don't want to have to start over every time I play. Maybe if I delete the old game files and start the whole game over again ( and install the game again) it would work correctly? What do you think? Kay

+Quote Post
Ja'de
post Feb 24 2010, 11:31 AM
Post #5

Guild Master
Group Icon

Group: Admin (Admin)
Member No.: 19

I found this
Game Play: Syberia is a point and click, mouse driven game. The Main Menu seen at the start of the game has the new game, load game, cutscenes, credits, options and quit. In options, selections for subtitles, graphic detail, screen depth, anti-aliasing, sound and music volumes are accessed. Left click for movement, right click to see game menu and use an object from inventory or consult documents. To skip a cutscene or a dialogue, press ESC or right click the mouse. To run, double click the left mouse button. Right click to access and right click to leave the inventory. To use the telephone, click on the telephone in inventory and dial the number. To access documents, click on the document icon and the document desired. Use the eye icon to read or the hand icon to take the document. To talk to a character, click on the character and use the dialogue notebook. Additional topics will appear in the dialogue due to progression of the game. The games are saved in the game installation directory for gamers using Win 95 or 98. While Win 2000 and XP players will find the game saves in the 'My Documents'. In the save games panel, click on new frame for a new save or click on an old one to overwrite that saved game with a new one.

So are you right clicking top get to the menu?

Source

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kaym
post Feb 25 2010, 03:12 PM
Post #6

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Many thanks to those who tried to help me. You did help. You made me look a little harder at what I was doing. Dragged the old Siberia Saves onto the desk top and the game started working right. Thanks again.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2019 - 12:34 PM