buy antibiotics without prescription
Guild of Greeters   Suitable for Every Age   

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Disclaimer/Modification Forum Rules.

The game modification forum is for the discussion of alternate adventures in all Myst games. Use and discussion of these "patches" is not supported and does void any technical support by Ubisoft and CyanWorlds. The Guild of Greeters can not be held responsible as this forum is used at your own risk. This section is not for discussion of pirated games and/or software , but pertains more to modified game files to alter your game play experience .

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Creating New Ages, The tools have been released.
Dustin
post Oct 30 2005, 03:40 PM
Post #1

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 3,777

I don't know if anyone has already talked about this, so I apologise if they have: Almlys has released the first version of his Prp Blender Plugin, which allows you to create Ages in the free, open source Blender program, then save them as Uru files. And I have released my Uru Age Manager program, which allows you to keep track of the Ages you have installed, and access them via a new linking book in Relto. It also comes with a "bonus"(People who have played Until Uru, have probably already seen it). It also has some functions that people creating Ages will use.

Anyway, there is tons of information at http://alcugs.almlys.dyns.net/ in the Wiki and Forums, as well as at http://www.cobbs.ca.

This is an opportunity to create and easily share your ideas for Ages, then walk around them! In some sense it could help bring back some of what Uru Live was supposed to be. It is currently just for offline use, but in the future, it can be easily modified to work with Alcugs, so that you can visit these Ages in multiplayer!

So, look into it. It may take a great deal of learning, but hey, I'm in the same boat and I managed!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RobertKosten
post Oct 30 2005, 08:21 PM
Post #2

Uru Explorer
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,056

It is finally real thumbsup.gif
Click here to view a spoiler.

This post has been edited by RobertKosten: Oct 30 2005, 08:22 PM

--------------------
Eritis sicut Deus scientes bonum et malum.

+Quote Post
Ken Telinome
post Oct 30 2005, 08:23 PM
Post #3

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 3,259

Wow, this is huge! New content is finally here (well amost, but it's so much closer now). Thanks for the heads up!

--------------------

Avatar: Ken Telinome | KI: 00329185 | Blog: Living an Ecumenical Life

+Quote Post
Shadowcats
post Oct 31 2005, 02:14 AM
Post #4

Wizard of Oz
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 409

This is great and think what the future holds for the community. clapping.gif clapping.gif

Just thought I would add this as an FYI. smile.gif

wiki
WARNING: You cannot use anything generated with these instructions on any public shard without permission of the Shard owner.
Using any python, PRP, SDL, AGE, or any other modification of any game file on any type of shard without permission of the owner it's not allowed.
You must remember that all the textures, models, sounds and any other assets available in the game files are Property of Cyan Worlds.
You are not allowed to use these assets on other games or projects without written permission from Cyan.
If for some reason, you ignore these warnings, then YOU WILL BE PERMANENTLY BANNED

--------------------
Of all the things I've lost.....
I miss my mind the most..

+Quote Post
4dak
post Oct 31 2005, 06:08 AM
Post #5

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
From: Area 51, Level 49, Lab 5, Isolation tube 4, Subsection Dak
Member No.: 2,612

Finally!!!! i can't wait to get home from school so i can down load it and mess around with the age.

--------------------
IPB Image
Destruction is coming... Find a way... Make a home...

+Quote Post
ghaelen
post Oct 31 2005, 09:34 AM
Post #6

Uru Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,614

Wow! This is great. I hope I can find some time to create an age of my own, and I can't wait for the day when I can see what all the clever Uru Fans have come up with!

clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif idea.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif idea.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dalken Starbyne
post Nov 2 2005, 06:05 PM
Post #7

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,761

cry.gif I still don't have a key!! ...I can't play! down.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mishra
post Nov 2 2005, 09:16 PM
Post #8

Uru Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,936

Wow, isn't it amazing what you can do with technology? Great software!! clapping.gif worship.gif worship.gif VERY COOL!!!

--------------------
I swear I've become
The skin of a drum
The heart of a man
Divided I stand

+Quote Post
Dustin
post Nov 2 2005, 09:42 PM
Post #9

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,777

You don't need a key, this is currently for offline Pots or Complete Chronicles.

Hey, Everyone!

Since no one has submitted any Ages, I had to get down and spend 8 minutes making one myself! And yes, I am proud of my 8 minutes!

Due to Cyan's request, I've released a new version of UruAgeManager, that has Legal notices on it. So you'll need to download that first. But remember, you don't need the PrpBlenderPlugin to use other peoples Ages, all you need is Pots or Complete Chronicles and UruAgeManager.

The download link is in the Alcugs Wiki http://alcugs.almlys.dyns.net/wiki/

Enjoy my lack of artistic skill!

+Quote Post
Joseph
post Mar 10 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #10

Uru Explorer
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,472

I just downloaded the program Blender here.
Is that the correct program to use for Alcugs?
I don't want to waste my time learning how to use the program if i'm not going to use it.

Still, its really cool, even though I know nothing about 3D modeling...

--------------------
...the more hope you bring to a new beginning...

+Quote Post
CAGrayWolf
post Mar 11 2006, 01:59 PM
Post #11

The Wolfmeister
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 35

QUOTE (Joseph @ Mar 10 2006, 05:49 PM) *
I just downloaded the program Blender here.
Is that the correct program to use for Alcugs?
I don't want to waste my time learning how to use the program if i'm not going to use it.

Still, its really cool, even though I know nothing about 3D modeling...

Being that the Alcugs server has shut down (possibly only temporary) this is all a moot point. Cyan is considering offering this option in the future IF (cautious optimism) Live gets resurrected in the first place. I'm not sure what the requirements will be either IF this is implemented.

--------------------

+Quote Post
L'lee
post Mar 11 2006, 02:30 PM
Post #12

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 1,084

Not entirely moot, as GD et al. are still working toward that end...

QUOTE ("Greydragon from UO")
Iím posting today to thank you for your patience. Discussions are moving slower then we had planned, but they are moving forward. Thank you for sticking with us while we figure out the future.

As Rand stated in his interview with The Cavern Today, Cyan wants to help users create content for Uru. We do not want to crush the creative spirit of the community, and feel distraught if we have caused any slowdown in motivation.

We hope to tell you more soon.

Ryan and the team at Cyan

Direct link to UO post

--------------------
When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my response is,
"I am thankful that I have a cup!"

+Quote Post
Cierdwyn
post Mar 11 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #13

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,994

smile.gif Hi .. if you are speaking of Uru age creation .. YES .. Blender IS the program that you want to use to do so.

Also, go to this site for a plugin that was developed for Blender by almlys that allows you to create the ages for Uru. You will also find some good discussion there among people who are building ages, plus links to other sites from those posts.

Also, there is .. or was .. a program called Uru Age Manager that would allow you to add an age to your offline game .. to test it, or whatever. Check on COBBS to see how you might be able to get it, as well.

One request of Cyan was that the ages NOT be made from materials that are incorporated into their ages and files .. as well as names, etc, from existing ages and storylines in your age, asking that you be creative and come up with your own story ideas. Though, the use of linking books was okay .. since Myst is ALL about linking .. biggrin.gif

Although the releasing of the ages has been put on hold, Cyan, in letters to age builders, HAS encouraged those people to continue making the ages, just to hold off on releasing them, until they can best figure out how to fit the new, fan made, ages into the Myst universe. So who knows where that might take you all, in due time.

Good luck with your age creation, and I hope that helps.

Cierdwyn smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cierdwyn: Mar 11 2006, 02:48 PM

--------------------
Measuring my life, not by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of moments that take my breath away .....

Cierdwyn's Corner

+Quote Post
Joseph
post Mar 11 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #14

Uru Explorer
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,472

QUOTE (Cierdwyn @ Mar 11 2006, 02:40 PM) *
Also, go to this site for a plugin that was

Uh, that brings up three links, which one should I download?

--------------------
...the more hope you bring to a new beginning...

+Quote Post
Cierdwyn
post Mar 11 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #15

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,994

Hi .. I clicked on the middle one .. and there is a list of 4 snapshots (update versions) of the plugin.

I'm sure each would suffice .. but you could go with the lastest one (the bottom one smile.gif ) .. as there were mods made to the original.

You will also need a specific version of Python .. but I cannot recall which one .. sorry.

As for Uru Age Manager .. there will be someone there who should be able to point you in the direction of it .. as well as several other programs that you will require for age building.

Your best bet would be sign up to COBBS .. and comb the Uru: Ages Beyond Myst / H'uru forum for past posts. Don't be afraid to post .. ask questions .. someone there will be able to help you get the things together so that you can get on with your age building.

Cierdwyn smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cierdwyn: Mar 11 2006, 07:50 PM

--------------------
Measuring my life, not by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of moments that take my breath away .....

Cierdwyn's Corner

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2019 - 09:05 AM