> My Myst Cd Isn't Correct?, Possible Volume Label Issue
kristen7054
post May 31 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #1

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 4,137

Ok, I had burned and backed up a copy of Myst just in case I did in fact mess up the original... I lost it, actually. Or it was sold in a yard sale...

And when I try to run the backup Myst ME (the DVD-ROM one, by the way), it tells me I don't have the Myst CD in the drive.

Would anyone happen to know the volume label on an original disc for the DVD-ROM version of Myst ME?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tech
post Jun 1 2006, 08:50 AM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Admin (Admin)
Member No.: 10

If you're trying to run this from your burned 'backup' copy, the disk label is the least of your problems.

Now I have no idea what protection scheme Cyan used on the media, but most commercially pressed CD/DVD's use a copy protection method that includes specific 'bad' parts on the disk to indicate it is indeed genuine.

Ufortunately it is pretty much impossible for disk copying software to include this information in the copy, so your disk copy is probably useless without finding some way of circumventing the 'cd-check' part.

Considering you don't have the original media, I would suggest just buying it used off Amazon, or trying to find a copy in the bargain bin at your local computer store.

tux.gif

--------------------
Once you go Mac, you never go back!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2019 - 10:15 AM