> Riven Daggers For Sale ?
MystRiven
post Mar 11 2012, 07:32 PM
Post #1

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 4,791

I am still waiting for Cyan Worlds Legal for approval to do so, but mean while here they are.

I have a friend that has an original Museum Replica Dagger, He sent me a scan of it with the actual measurements.

As some of you may know, Museum Replica's daggers are made from Molds. Yes if you square the top T part & the blade tip, it is not square, its offset by 3-4mm.

The 40 daggers I had made are drawn with a program, then sent to be LASER cut, so they are perfectly symmetrical.

I then beveled the blade enough so it does not cut, I then applyed a first coat of metal paint that makes a hammered effect.

3 other coats of acrylic paint where used to do a rusted effect like in this pic here:

then the last coat was a Super-tough polyurethane satin varnish.

Final results:

I will be giving a percentage of the sales to Cyan Worlds ,the rest is to pay off the
computer drawn model, metal, laser cutting, metal and acrylic paint, 2 grinding discs and 6 buffing pads and finaly labour.

Let me know what you think,
Thank you
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
William H. Maier
post Mar 12 2012, 07:14 AM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 3,168

WOW, nice work, and a lot of time and effort. I hope the powers to be do not drag their feet, as I would be interested in one thumbsup.gif

--------------------
John 14:6 KJV
"The purpose of life's ride is not to arrive at the grave with a perfectly preserved body.
But to come skidding slightly beat about the head and shoulders in sideways dusty and dirty,yelling,
"Wow! What a ride!"

+Quote Post
MystRiven
post Mar 12 2012, 01:09 PM
Post #3

Uru Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (MystRiven @ Mar 11 2012, 07:32 PM) *
I am still waiting for Cyan Worlds Legal for approval to do so, but mean while here they are.

"The Riven Dagger is a trademark of Cyan Worlds. Used with permission"

I have a friend that has an original Museum Replica Dagger, He sent me a scan of it with the actual measurements.

As some of you may know, Museum Replica's daggers are made from Molds. Yes if you square the top T part & the blade tip, it is not square, its offset by 3-4mm.

The 40 daggers I had made are drawn with a program, then sent to be LASER cut, so they are perfectly symmetrical.

I then beveled the blade enough so it does not cut, I then applyed a first coat of metal paint that makes a hammered effect.

3 other coats of acrylic paint where used to do a rusted effect like in this pic here:

then the last coat was a Super-tough polyurethane satin varnish.

Final results:

I will be giving a percentage of the sales to Cyan Worlds ,the rest is to pay off the
computer drawn model, metal, laser cutting, metal and acrylic paint, 2 grinding discs and 6 buffing pads and finaly labour.

Let me know what you think,
Thank you

+Quote Post
MystRiven
post Mar 12 2012, 05:51 PM
Post #4

Uru Fan
Group Icon

"The Riven Dagger is a trademark of Cyan Worlds. Used with permission"

YES it is official, I have received the permission from Cyan Worlds inc. to sell these Riven Daggers Replicas.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BELOW TO GET YOUR RIVEN DAGGER REPLICA

First off, the Riven Daggers have the same shape and size as the original one’s made by Museum Replica but Textured differently to give them a kind of relic or artifact look to them.

I will also be GIVING a percentage of EACH Riven Daggers sold to Cyan Worlds inc as agreed in the terms discussed.

Museum Replica sold there Riven Daggers for 35$ but they where mass produced in molds.

These Riven Dagger Replicas that I offer you are LASER CUT in 4.5mm thick metal steel and are a bit more than 6 inches long (6.125) like the original model.

Link to buy one: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25525

This post has been edited by UruBoo: Mar 13 2012, 02:11 PM

+Quote Post
MystRiven
post Apr 15 2012, 12:26 PM
Post #5

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Shorah all,

I have made 30 Riven Daggers and had 30 up for grabs, within a month they were all sold out.

I am now taking Pre-orders for a second run of daggers, so if you are still interested in one , please dont hesitate to PM me.

On the 30 pre-ordered , 21 are already reserved so hurry up and get yours now.

Thank you

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th December 2019 - 04:33 PM