dadguy
post Sep 30 2014, 09:25 PM
Post #16

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 28

Greetings Greeters!

OK, it was fun completing the Cleft and getting my KI again. Comments and questions:

1. Did OHB setup the Hood as "The Greeters Guild" rather than "Guild of Greeters"?

If anyone can check and let me know, I'd appreciate it.

2. My new avvie is again: Dadguy KI#: 291428

Add me as a Buddy and I'll look for you in the cavern!

Cheers,

Dadguy

PS: With all due respect to OHB, is he a Greeter? Shouldn't a GoG Greeter own the Guild of Greeters Hood?

EDIT: Never mind, I see OHB is a Greeter (he just didn't have his KI image on the Greeters page).

This post has been edited by dadguy: Sep 30 2014, 09:30 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UruBoo
post Oct 1 2014, 06:31 PM
Post #17

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 61

I got my KI (00256881), went to Nexus but couldn't find "Guild of Greeters" hood. It is a private one? Anyway, if someone please send me an invitation, I"ll apreciate it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
veralun
post Oct 2 2014, 04:48 AM
Post #18

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 774

I sent you an invitation for the GoG hood. Hope it works.

--------------------
ô¿ô......All URU need is love!......ô¿ô

+Quote Post
Gahlen
post Oct 3 2014, 07:18 PM
Post #19

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 64,291

QUOTE (veralun @ Sep 24 2014, 02:47 PM) *
I had contact with Mark (Chogon) and one of the things we spoke about was the creation of the Guild of Greeters hood. He asked who "owns" the hood, because it will have to be recreated by someone. I think it was Rex before, but I am not sure.

Not that this makes any difference at this point, but since I know: the original hood was owned by Myst Linker, aka James Kaufman, the First Explorer.

--------------------
Gastese la primera estancia del bello vivir en habler con los muertos; nacemus para saber y sabernos, y los libros con fidelidad nos hazen personas—Gracián.

+Quote Post
d'rbeh
post Oct 4 2014, 12:04 AM
Post #20

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 2,050

well, after having jumped through myriads of hoops, i am back in the game... WOOOHOO... i was unsure if i'd be able to do it, but i had to download the client again. got in with my name "derbeh", but i didnt remember my ki number... next time i'm in, i;ll write it down... in fact, i'll do it right after i post this.

whew, i didn't realize how much i'd missed the cavern, the cleft, my relto and the music!

hope to see everyone soon!

beh

--------------------

+Quote Post
UruBoo
post Oct 4 2014, 03:23 PM
Post #21

Uru Guru
Group Icon

I'm almost finished the whole game again. I'm getting the relto pages, bahro pages, sparklies and everything that can put my Relto back at the way it was 6 years ago. But I'm still not a member of the Guild. I can't find any Greeter in the cavern! I need to know when a member will be on online so I can catch him/her up and become a Greeter again.

By the way, a question: If I remember back at the time correctly, the only way you can finish Annohnay is with a helper. Is this still thru? Can't I finish it alone? If so (not alone), I would appreciate a help from some of you, guys. Please, tell me when you will be online, ok? Send a PM and I will be right down...

--------------------

+Quote Post
jarelav
post Oct 4 2014, 04:19 PM
Post #22

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,899

On Ahnonay, yes a companion is still needed. I was in the other night and a player asked another to help him, but the helper couldn't link to Relto once he was in position, perhaps because of technical difficulty. Needless to say it messed up this poor player's progress.

--------------------
jarel, formerly Schlomo
MOULa KI: 00405546

+Quote Post
Ken Telinome
post Oct 4 2014, 08:26 PM
Post #23

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,259

QUOTE (UruBoo @ Oct 4 2014, 03:23 PM) *
I'm almost finished the whole game again. I'm getting the relto pages, bahro pages, sparklies and everything that can put my Relto back at the way it was 6 years ago. But I'm still not a member of the Guild. I can't find any Greeter in the cavern! I need to know when a member will be on online so I can catch him/her up and become a Greeter again.

I'll assume you mean joining the GoG neighborhood, since you are a part of the Guild, even if it is dead.

I wish I could tell you when I'll be online, but I don't know myself until just before I link in.

--------------------

Avatar: Ken Telinome | KI: 00329185 | Blog: Living an Ecumenical Life

+Quote Post
Robyn
post Oct 4 2014, 09:11 PM
Post #24

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,126

QUOTE (Ken Telinome @ Oct 4 2014, 09:26 PM) *
QUOTE (UruBoo @ Oct 4 2014, 03:23 PM) *

I'll assume you mean joining the GoG neighborhood, since you are a part of the Guild, even if it is dead.

I wish I could tell you when I'll be online, but I don't know myself until just before I link in.

A possible solution is to enter all of the new Guild member KI numbers that have been posted in your "Buddies" list. Then if any of us are online you can contact us. That's what I have been doing. I then know if someone still needs to join the Greeter's Hood if they don't show up in BOTH my Buddies and Neighbors lists.

--------------------
"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus:
Try to assimilate the world!"
-Pinkutus & the Borg

Ad astra
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

+Quote Post
UruBoo
post Oct 5 2014, 08:49 AM
Post #25

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Yes, Robyn. That's what I've been doing. Collecting the KI of greeters and adding to my buddies list. And yes, what I meant it was becoming a member of the Greeter Neighbourhood. But don't worry, eventually I'll find someone there, since I too don't go down on a regular schedule.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Le'ah
post Nov 19 2014, 09:01 PM
Post #26

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,106

Is there more than one Greeter's hood? I say the Guild of Greeters...is that us?

Are KI numbers really jumping that fast? my number is 01423221

This post has been edited by Le'ah: Nov 19 2014, 09:04 PM

+Quote Post
Nev'yn
post Nov 20 2014, 01:09 AM
Post #27

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 70,498

Hey, everyone!

You may have noticed the GoG (and GoMe) hoods are now sticky'd on the Nexus, thanks to Chogon.
Looks like unintentionally, The Meeting Place and GoAnts(???), are also "stuck" there, for now.

Still, progress!!! smile.gif

Edit: Can I also get the various Greeters to send me their KI#'s if it's not too much trouble???

This post has been edited by Nev'yn: Nov 20 2014, 01:16 AM

--------------------

(Nevyn’s Note: Any comments, thoughts, or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of either GoMe or the GoC.)

+Quote Post
Ken Telinome
post Nov 21 2014, 12:44 AM
Post #28

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,259

Mine's in my signature, Nev'yn. smile.gif

--------------------

Avatar: Ken Telinome | KI: 00329185 | Blog: Living an Ecumenical Life

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 07:52 PM