buy antibiotics without prescription
Guild of Greeters   Suitable for Every Age   

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Haven - Mangree Puzzle, Will I have to re-install?
tmg7
post Feb 21 2005, 09:03 AM
Post #1

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 3,301

Hi to all of you, I posted a question in the 'game help' section a while back, but I think maybe I should have posted here instead. Hope some one out there can help me.

My problem:
Click here to view a spoiler.

I downloaded the patch(es) about a month ago - do they go straight to my MYST 4 file automatically? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
My savegame file has also gone missing, can't find it anywhere, but it's in there, it must be.
Lastly, will I have to re-install the game and start over? Sorry for all the questions but I'm running a bit desperate, as you can probably tell...!
Thanks in advance.
tmg7
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ken Telinome
post Feb 21 2005, 09:10 AM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,259

I would try downloading the patch again and paying VERY close attention to where you are saving it. That way, you can find it and run it later.

Myst IV does something strange with its save game files. They are stored in My Documents. Odd place to store them, yes, but never the les, their is a myst-iv reveleation savegames flder in My Documents. Myst IV knows this and automatically loads save games from here, so you don't need to move them.

If the patch doesn't work, you may very well have to reinstall the game. I know its a pain, but sometimes with computers you can't help it.

If the patcher doesn't work, try posting here again and include system specs. There are lots of people here who can do wonders with that information alone! Hope you are able to get things fixed soon.

(edit: PS I've noticed that you've posted this same problem in the Haven section of the forums. I know it may seem like you'll get better results, but trust me, those who can help check everywhere. Please, just post a topic in one forum. You'll get more concentrated results that way, and probably get your problem solved quicker. Hope everything turns out all right!)

This post has been edited by Ken Telinome: Feb 21 2005, 09:16 AM

--------------------

Avatar: Ken Telinome | KI: 00329185 | Blog: Living an Ecumenical Life

+Quote Post
tmg7
post Feb 25 2005, 04:46 AM
Post #3

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Thanks to all of you, I hope I haven't offended anyone.
I downloaded the patch 3 times or so I thought. I did download it to a specific file, but I couldn't find it. I tried it a fourth time and boy, did I feel stupid! All of a sudden it was there and I installed it. I've been playing over and over, still getting stuck in the same place. I decided to give it one last go before re-installing the game and finally it worked. You can imagine how I felt. So, onwards and upwards. You know what they say: the biggest computer problem is always situated about 30 cms from the screen. I think it may be true in my case. blush.gif
Thanks again.
tmg7

+Quote Post
L'lee
post Feb 25 2005, 11:30 AM
Post #4

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 1,084

Just in case I forgot to do it before, Welcome to the Guild of Greeters, tmg7!!

I am so glad your patched game finally let you past the mangree puzzle! There is some interesting stuff after that!! Oh, and I can't tell you how many times I have felt that my computer's biggest problem is the one "about 30 cm from the screen"!! lmao.gif Thanks for the chuckles!

--------------------
When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my response is,
"I am thankful that I have a cup!"

+Quote Post
Ken Telinome
post Feb 25 2005, 11:49 AM
Post #5

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,259

Glad to hear it worked! And, since I forgot before, Welcome! Don't worry, you didn't offend anyone. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Avatar: Ken Telinome | KI: 00329185 | Blog: Living an Ecumenical Life

+Quote Post
Moranda
post Feb 25 2005, 06:27 PM
Post #6

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 64

Yay clapping.gif have fun with the rest of the game tmg7.

This post has been edited by Moranda: Feb 25 2005, 06:28 PM

--------------------
The obvious is not always so obvious, the seen is not always seen as it is and all that is, is not necessarily seen as it should be.

+Quote Post
tmg7
post Feb 27 2005, 03:41 PM
Post #7

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Thanks all for making me feel so welcome.
I'm not out of the woods yet, I actually went to Spire first but got stuck - have a guess where.. So I went to Haven, thinking that would be easier (I'm an optimist, me). So, now that Haven is sorted, I'm back where I started in this forum - stuck!
lmao.gif
Anyway, let's say that 'things are moving' although I'm not quite 'up to speed'. So I may well be back before you know it. Thanks so far.

tmg7

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2019 - 06:53 AM