Parentquebec
post Dec 1 2005, 07:43 PM
Post #1

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 3,852

Help - help:

I enjoyed the first three Myst games and had no problems.
Recently I bought Myst IV. After riding in the gondola with Yeesha with everything smooth and clear, she stopped the gondola and suggested taking pictures. But I saw no scenery, just colored squares. It seemed there was a water fall nearby but I couldn't see it.
Then I went into the office and worked the wave devices; no problems. But when I went outside again, more colored squares.
I've downloaded patches, as two techs recommended, no help. I uninstalled and reinstalled, no help.
What do I need or what am I doing wrong?

Need help.

A. P. down.gif down.gif lmao.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kurtg1265
post Dec 1 2005, 08:24 PM
Post #2

Cactus King
Group Icon

Group: Veteran Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 93

It may help us to find your problem better if you could list your computer specs. Things like CPU, amount of RAM, video card, sound card, video driver version and Direct X version (the latest is 9.0c).

Just guessing without knowing the specifics yet, it sounds like a video card problem or a problem with the driver for it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Parentquebec
post Dec 13 2005, 05:14 PM
Post #3

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtg1265 @ Dec 1 2005, 08:24 PM)
It may help us to find your problem better if you could list your computer specs. Things like CPU, amount of RAM, video card, sound card, video driver version and Direct X version (the latest is 9.0c).

Just guessing without knowing the specifics yet, it sounds like a video card problem or a problem with the driver for it.

OK....
My computer has Windows XP, pentium 4, CPU 3.20 ghz
standard system device

If you think I need a video card, what do you recommend? Is that something I can purchase at CompUsa or elsewhere?

What's maddening is that, as I said earlier, I had NO problems with previous Myst games, now this.

Any ideas???

confused1.gif

Moderator Note

merged posts

+Quote Post
kurtg1265
post Dec 13 2005, 05:47 PM
Post #4

Cactus King
Group Icon

Here are the minimum requirements for Myst IV :

In order for Myst 4 Revelation to run properly, your PC must meet or exceed these minimum requirements:

Supported OS: Windows 98/2000/Me/XP (only)
Processor: 700 MHz Pentium III or AMD Athlon or better (Pentium 4 recommended)
RAM: 128 MB RAM (256 MB recommended)(256 MB required for XP)
Video Card: 32 MB DirectX 9-compliant video card (64 MB recommended)(see supported list*)
Sound Card: DirectX 9-compliant sound card
DirectX: DirectX 9.0 (included on disc)
DVD: 4x DVD or faster
Hard Drive Space: 3 GB free (for minimal install) 8 GB free (for full install)

*Supported Video Cards at time of release

* ATI Radeon 7000 to 9800 or better
* NVIDIA GeForce 1/2/3/4/FX families
* Matrox Parhelia (PC only)
* Intel i865G to i915G

Laptop models of these cards not fully supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.

*Notice*
This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some DVD-RW and virtual drives.

From what you just posted, it seems that your OS and the CPU should be fine to run this game. What we need to determine is if the rest of your computer is up to par. I would assume that you probably have at least 512MB of RAM even though you dont list it, but your actual amount would help if you could list it. What would help greatly is if you could list your video specs, be it a card or onboard graphics. This will probably be the biggest deciding factor on what type of advice to give you.

Did you install the DirctX 9.0 from the Myst IV disk? Also, something that may not hurt to try, there is a patch available which you can get HERE.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tyr-anun
post Dec 13 2005, 05:54 PM
Post #5

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 2,097

Yes, should you need to do so, you can get the video card you need at lots of places, CompUSA being only one of them. If you don't mind ordering over the Internet, I recommend Newegg.com

They usually have very good prices, and they have a top notch delivery system to get your order to you quickly.

But do what Kurt said first . . . You may already have what you need.

--------------------
Love is not an emotion . . . It's a choice.
WOOF!!

+Quote Post
Parentquebec
post Dec 15 2005, 07:44 PM
Post #6

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtg1265 @ Dec 13 2005, 05:47 PM)
Here are the minimum requirements for Myst IV :

In order for Myst 4 Revelation to run properly, your PC must meet or exceed these minimum requirements:

Supported OS: Windows 98/2000/Me/XP (only)
Processor: 700 MHz Pentium III or AMD Athlon or better (Pentium 4 recommended)
RAM: 128 MB RAM (256 MB recommended)(256 MB required for XP)
Video Card: 32 MB DirectX 9-compliant video card (64 MB recommended)(see supported list*)
Sound Card: DirectX 9-compliant sound card
DirectX: DirectX 9.0 (included on disc)
DVD: 4x DVD or faster
Hard Drive Space: 3 GB free (for minimal install) 8 GB free (for full install)

*Supported Video Cards at time of release

* ATI Radeon 7000 to 9800 or better
* NVIDIA GeForce 1/2/3/4/FX families
* Matrox Parhelia (PC only)
* Intel i865G to i915G

Laptop models of these cards not fully supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.

*Notice*
This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some DVD-RW and virtual drives.

From what you just posted, it seems that your OS and the CPU should be fine to run this game. What we need to determine is if the rest of your computer is up to par. I would assume that you probably have at least 512MB of RAM even though you dont list it, but your actual amount would help if you could list it. What would help greatly is if you could list your video specs, be it a card or onboard graphics. This will probably be the biggest deciding factor on what type of advice to give you.

Did you install the DirctX 9.0 from the Myst IV disk? Also, something that may not hurt to try, there is a patch available which you can get HERE.

Kurt:

The answer to that RAM question: I have 512 MB of RAM.

I tried the "patch available" but when I clicked on "here" I just got nice promos for Revelation. I couldn't find the patch entry.

blush.gif

+Quote Post
kurtg1265
post Dec 15 2005, 09:33 PM
Post #7

Cactus King
Group Icon

See if THIS link works any better for you. Just make sure to get the PC version of the patch.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2019 - 03:39 AM