> Possible Glitch In Kadish?, Unable to open door back up after closing it
Cadina
post Nov 22 2010, 10:33 AM
Post #1

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 16,023

My first avi went through Kadish without too much trouble. However, when I went back to retrieve a relto page I missed, I could't bet back through the door at the initial cave with the telescopes (I had accidently touched a cloth wandering around in there earlier). A buddy had pictures of where the devices were originally set and reset them for me and I put them in the correct order and the door opened. I started a new avi today and went to Kadish. I set the telescopes, went through the door and closed it on the other side to get to the journey cloth. A light bulb went off in my head that I hadn't opened the door back up with my other avi and that was why I couldn't get back in. Well, I discovered that the button, once pushed, does not work anymore. Same with the door after going through the floor. down.gif

Is this something that everyone experiences? Is it intentional? Also, I found that the consequences with that door shut in Kadish is that I was unable to find the bahro stone that is located in Tokotah. I couldn't see it until I got that door opened back up in Kadish...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ken Telinome
post Nov 22 2010, 03:42 PM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 3,259

If I'm thinking of the right buttons, the Age is built like this. The whole Age was built to protect the center, and even though the trees have grown out of control and destroyed much of the buildings, the it is still protected. The Age is built like a series of security checkpoints-- once you go through, to prevent anyone from possibly following you, you push the button to reset the last checkpoint. I think it's a really neat lore-component for the Age. So yes, it is supposed to work that way.

--------------------

Avatar: Ken Telinome | KI: 00329185 | Blog: Living an Ecumenical Life

+Quote Post
Cadina
post Nov 22 2010, 04:26 PM
Post #3

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 16,023

Your theory makes sense if that is the story line...but why would the programming deny my having access to the Bahro stone leading to Descent when the door closed in Kadish? confused1.gif I was hunting all over for that stone; I finally found out exactly where it was supposed to be, looked in both the private and public instance of the city with no luck. As soon as I got that door opened in Kadish, I immediately went back to the city and found it right where it was supposed to be. The door I'm talking about, by the way, is the first one to get through, at the cave where you have to use three telescopes. Once you are inside, there is a blue button to close the door. That's the one that doesn't work once the door is shut. So...does this, then, happen to everyone in the game? If it is, then that explains it. But the question still remains if my not being able to find this Bahro stone while leaving the Kadish door closed is also intentional and if not, has anyone else experienced the same problem?

+Quote Post
UruBoo
post Nov 23 2010, 03:21 AM
Post #4

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 61

Well, you do not need to get back using the door after you close it. Just touch the cloth at the Kadish book in your Relto instead the shell, right? You will arrive at the beginning of that Age.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ken Telinome
post Nov 23 2010, 12:43 PM
Post #5

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 3,259

QUOTE (Cadina @ Nov 22 2010, 04:26 PM) *
Your theory makes sense if that is the story line...but why would the programming deny my having access to the Bahro stone leading to Descent when the door closed in Kadish? confused1.gif I was hunting all over for that stone; I finally found out exactly where it was supposed to be, looked in both the private and public instance of the city with no luck. As soon as I got that door opened in Kadish, I immediately went back to the city and found it right where it was supposed to be. The door I'm talking about, by the way, is the first one to get through, at the cave where you have to use three telescopes. Once you are inside, there is a blue button to close the door. That's the one that doesn't work once the door is shut. So...does this, then, happen to everyone in the game? If it is, then that explains it. But the question still remains if my not being able to find this Bahro stone while leaving the Kadish door closed is also intentional and if not, has anyone else experienced the same problem?

I think you are talking about two unrelated phenomena...

Nothing at all in Kadish Tolesa has any effect on the Bahro stones in Ae'Gura. Those appear and disappear randomly-- the story being, the Bahro put them out, the DRC has them taken away, and the Bahro just put them back out again. That the stone appeared again after you went back to Kadish Tolesa is coincidence.

--------------------

Avatar: Ken Telinome | KI: 00329185 | Blog: Living an Ecumenical Life

+Quote Post
Tomala
post Nov 24 2010, 01:42 AM
Post #6

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,239

...the it is still protected.

Kadish protects IT???? clown.gif Or is that Cousin It...

hiding.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2019 - 07:15 AM