Darian
post Apr 27 2011, 10:38 PM
Post #1

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 1,678

Hi again,
I have yet another issue with Uru. When traveling through ages that belong to other players, when we use linking books everybody ends up linking to their own private games. The only one who goes through a link properly is the account holder of whom we are guests. The share book links don't seem to allow selecting another player to use the link properly. Does anyone know how to fix this, or is there something we are not doing to use the links? Any help will be much appreciated. shock.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tomala
post Apr 28 2011, 06:44 AM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,239

That sounds odd. Is this when you bring people to your relto or when you send them an invite?

+Quote Post
dadguy
post Apr 29 2011, 12:27 AM
Post #3

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 28

This sounds like when you are visiting others' Ages, and then when you click a link book there (like the one in Eder Gira to the Tokata Roof), each person goes to their own personal instance of the Takota Roof.

I seem to recall a way to use the Invite to have everyone go to the same instance, but recently I tried and the invite option was gone.

Dadguy

+Quote Post
Darian
post May 2 2011, 03:01 PM
Post #4

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 1,678

This happens when I'm visiting other peoples game ages. The age owner links fine, everyone else goes to their own private game when trying to use a link within an age. Strange.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
J'iim
post May 2 2011, 06:49 PM
Post #5

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,706

(not that I've played much over the last year, but....) I seem to recall that the owner MUST share all books and stones within the Age they are sharing with all the other players in order to keep everyone in the same instance. For example, to take everyone from Gira to Kemo, the owner goes to the linking book, clicks the share side of the book, and then clicks on the all the other players (or something like that). I can't remember the precise click order but I think the share persists so you can move multiple people after clicking the share book once. If I am misremembering, then it becomes a tedious job of sharing the book or stone over and over. The owner is always the last to link.

edit: I think there are a few unshareable stones or books but the only one I can think of at the moment is the city link stone in the neigborhood linking room.

This post has been edited by J'iim: May 2 2011, 06:53 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2019 - 01:48 AM