> Can Not Get In Mo:ul
budgiemom
post Jun 29 2007, 11:11 AM
Post #16

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 1,404

headbang.gif ......It says on the little screen box, that the servers are down again. That is probably what everyone's problem is. The endless loop glitch was fixed (a file it was, not unpacking properly). As of last night, the doors will still closing and people were crashing out often. My KI was acting up, but still, we had a few visitors and newcomers and it was an enjoyable evening. This seems to happen at night, Cyan time...I just bet the janitor man/lady, sees all those pretty lights blinking and clicks the OFF switch to shut things down for the night. blush.gif

clapping.gif UP AND RUNNING RIGHT NOW AT 11:30 AM CDT....

This post has been edited by budgiemom: Jun 29 2007, 11:31 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
budgiemom
post Jun 29 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #17

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,404

headbang.gif OK, 20 minutes later we all crashed, or atleast I did. Now it says Patcher failed. Error 16. Name lookup failed....I feel like kicking something!.. kicking.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lial
post Jun 29 2007, 12:31 PM
Post #18

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,033

QUOTE (budgiemom @ Jun 29 2007, 12:53 PM) *
headbang.gif OK, 20 minutes later we all crashed, or atleast I did. Now it says Patcher failed. Error 16. Name lookup failed....I feel like kicking something!.. kicking.gif

I was online at that time and didn't crash. I'm still online and ok.

Lial

--------------------
Lial KI #290984

+Quote Post
Tomala
post Jun 29 2007, 06:47 PM
Post #19

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,239

MOUL is up. Hopefully it stays that way long enough to do the comedy show... kicking.gif

+Quote Post
Deem
post Jun 30 2007, 02:46 AM
Post #20

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,822

I finally got in tonight. clapping.gif Got to do an hour of greeting with no problem and then to play Sardines for another hour in Er'Cana (man, oh, man--that was fun!). smile.gif Then, explored Er'Cana with BOB and system crash to desktop. Ah, well. Guess it's my bedtime anyway.

+Quote Post
Lord Chaos
post Jun 30 2007, 06:55 AM
Post #21

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,876

After trying all afternoon--I was doing some recording at the same time so it wasn't a dead loss--I finally got to Er'cana. I actually played for 10 or 15 minutes before I crashed out. A new record. If they don't do better than this I'm cancelling my subscription; if I want constant aggravation, beating my head against a brick wall is cheaper, quicker and more reliable.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Deem
post Jun 30 2007, 11:36 AM
Post #22

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,822

The way I figure is that as interest in Er'Cana goes down, we'll be able to stay in the Age longer. I was in for an hour! Amazing! Also, there is a place in Er'Cana that always crashed even on the CD game--right when you've arrived by monorail and try to get into the factory. Also in both online and the CD, running anywhere outside where you see the turning windmill causes players to run veryyyyyyyyyy slowly (you have to get away from there, back into the desert). I think this particular Age has always had its bugs. So I'll be patient with Er'Cana because I soooo much want to see what's coming next. worship.gif

+Quote Post
m'tai
post Aug 6 2007, 09:38 AM
Post #23

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 5,515

I finally got to download MOUL (yea!) But the system is taking forever to update. Is that how it is in the beginning? It's at 108% completion and still updating. Can anyone offer anything on that?

This post has been edited by m'tai: Aug 6 2007, 09:40 AM

+Quote Post
J'iim
post Aug 6 2007, 09:46 AM
Post #24

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,706

QUOTE (m'tai @ Aug 6 2007, 10:38 AM) *
I finally got to download MOUL (yea!) But the system is taking forever to update. Is that how it is in the beginning? It's at 150% completion and still updating. Can anyone offer anything on that?

Sound like you are in that forever updating mode that has been aggravating players all over the place.

Tech support might just suggest that you open a directory window and browse down to the gametap directory and then into gamedata and and a directory name 1400-something-something-5 and look for a file named urulauncher.exe.

Start the game by running that file directly... you will have to manually enter your tapid (username@gametap.com) and gametap password to start Uru. If that doesn't work there is a manual download method that pulls the last beta down and then you can update that using the above method. Not sure where in this forum that info is but GT support has provided it for others. Maybe someone has that link and can post it here again.

+Quote Post
Ayli
post Aug 6 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #25

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 7

Here is a path to Uru in GameTap directory:

CODE
X:....\GameTap\games\140000150\data\UruLauncher.exe

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Chaos
post Aug 6 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #26

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Urulauncher will allow you to bypass the Gametap log-in, which should make your download much more reliable.

Now, for those of you who get stuck in link-loops, there's another dodge that the tech support folks suggest: in the same folder, you'll find UruExplorer.exe. Delete that file, then run Urulauncher. This will force a compare-and-download of all necessary files.

Apparently sometimes when you link a data file gets damaged and the game can't recover. Force-quit, delete or rename Uruexplorer, then launch the game again. Find a book to read during the compare-and-download process.

This isn't a real fix. You fix it once and then link someplace else, go into a loop, and you have to do it again. If I ever manage to get a working installation, I plan to make a backup copy of the DAT folder so that I can simply compare it myself, find the missing or damaged file (one time the file was there, but much smaller than it should have been) and replace it from the backup.

That's assuming I even play again. I'm so sick of messing with all of this that, for now, I've simply given up.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post Aug 6 2007, 03:12 PM
Post #27

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 2,857

That is just one of the new Age puzzles, LC, I think the age is Asylum!

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post
Lord Chaos
post Aug 6 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #28

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Well, it's about time they created a place with nice soft walls.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tomala
post Aug 6 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #29

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,239

I agree... You'll be right at home... wink3.gif whistling.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2019 - 04:47 AM