> Port Calculator Accuracy
Arivl
post Nov 9 2007, 07:49 PM
Post #1

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 5,783

Perhaps I can't tell time in D'ni nor topside, but when I use the Port calculator located at the following link I have NO success. I went to Payiferen first, 20 minutes later the port appeared but when I walked through it nothing happened. Then later I tried Negilahn using the calculator and nothing every happened. Am I missing something? I live in the Eastern Standard day light savings in effect area. But since the portal counts down, I didn't think that was a concern.

http://www.uru-reallife.com/dnidatetime/release5/negilahn/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kon'Dor
post Nov 9 2007, 08:00 PM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 4,731

It seems that the portals do not appear in each instance of the pods at the same time. I suspect it is due to time differences between the servers. My experience has always been, and continues to be, that the listed time for the portal to appear tends to be 8 to 10 min. before I actually ever see it. That and I do believe that the portal calculator you are using is due for some adjustment. Get to the pod about 5 min. before the advertised time and be prepared to wait. It will get there eventually.

Second, the server seems to dislike it when you stand idle for an extended length of time. The portal, when it does appear, lasts for approx. one min. Next time you are trying, do this....

Using your KI, take a picture of the portal when it appears. Then, walk through it. For some reason this seems to kick start the server and remind it that you are still there. You will get fewer, and perhaps no more, black screens of death.

Worked for me..... Good Luck

--------------------
STERCUS ACCIDIT

+Quote Post
Michi
post Nov 9 2007, 08:20 PM
Post #3

Uru Explorer
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,761

QUOTE (Kon'Dor @ Nov 9 2007, 08:00 PM) *
Second, the server seems to dislike it when you stand idle for an extended length of time. The portal, when it does appear, lasts for approx. one min. Next time you are trying, do this....

Using your KI, take a picture of the portal when it appears. Then, walk through it. For some reason this seems to kick start the server and remind it that you are still there. You will get fewer, and perhaps no more, black screens of death.

Worked for me..... Good Luck

I think this is a bit different for everyone. One of my personas had to try each portal twice before getting in, the first time was a BSOD. ..got the BSOD twice upon leaving the cave too. My primary personality tried once to take a picture and the portal disappeared before the KI could close again. You may have to try a few things until it works for you. I will say though, of my "3 me's" only 1 ever crashed on the way to the cave (granted it happened multiple times blush.gif ).

--------------------
Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really. ~Agnes Sligh Turnbull
We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment. ~George Eliot

+Quote Post
Arivl
post Nov 9 2007, 09:14 PM
Post #4

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,783

Thank you both! I'll keep trying!

+Quote Post
Akroy
post Mar 31 2008, 09:44 PM
Post #5

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,003

I've done the first three pods and after each I checked calender; for me they came 4 minutes early for each.

--------------------
Shalom, salaam, pax, paz, shorah, and peace to all!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th December 2019 - 10:34 AM