> Connection Problem
dadguy
post Jan 31 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #16

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 28

Thanks for running those speed tests, Shannara. You have excellent specs for your broadband connection, so the problem isn't there (in my opinion).

Just to make sure you understand the terminology...

Stand Alone Client: Game is launched by double-clicking the Myst Online icon (on your desktop) which runs "C:\Program Files\Myst Online\UruLauncher.exe". Game files are kept under "C:\Program Files\Myst Online\". This is what you use.

GameTap Client: Player starts GameTap, then from the GameTap menu chooses Myst Online and it automatically logs you in and starts the game. Game files are located in a "C:\Program Files\Gametap\" directory. US and Canada players will use this usually (until GameTap is available in other countries).

The reason I asked about this is that I heard others using the Stand Alone Client were having similar problems. Open a ticket for this under Support if you haven't already.

Hopefully it get's resolved soon.

Dadguy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dan-iel
post Jan 31 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #17

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 3,458

QUOTE (Dan-iel @ Jan 31 2007, 03:02 PM) *
I now am unable to connect too, and my computer has a SiS video card - Unsupported by GameTap. My URU Live days are over I believe, until I upgrade the computer, which will probably be quite awhile, since this one is working fine for everything BUT GameTap.

I had finally decided to subscribe, and paid, then couldn't get past a black sign on screen for GameTap. Customer Support confirmed that my video card is not supported, and also said that SiS has not and most likely will not help GT with developing drivers.

down.gif

Alright, my standalone does still work, eariler today I was in an unfamiliar airport and its router may have not allowed the client software internet access. Now I am home and it works. I will still be out of URU though as soon as beta closes or the standalone client is shut down.

I did tell GT that I would stay if they sent me a new portable computer! I just heard lmao.gif .

So I am still down.gif

This post has been edited by Dan-iel: Jan 31 2007, 09:46 PM

--------------------
I use multi-billion dollar government property to find Tupperware in the woods. What do you do? geocaching.com

+Quote Post
shannara
post Feb 1 2007, 02:00 AM
Post #18

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,865

QUOTE (Dan-iel @ Feb 1 2007, 03:45 AM) *
QUOTE (Dan-iel @ Jan 31 2007, 03:02 PM) *

I now am unable to connect too, and my computer has a SiS video card - Unsupported by GameTap. My URU Live days are over I believe, until I upgrade the computer, which will probably be quite awhile, since this one is working fine for everything BUT GameTap.

I had finally decided to subscribe, and paid, then couldn't get past a black sign on screen for GameTap. Customer Support confirmed that my video card is not supported, and also said that SiS has not and most likely will not help GT with developing drivers.

down.gif

Alright, my standalone does still work, eariler today I was in an unfamiliar airport and its router may have not allowed the client software internet access. Now I am home and it works. I will still be out of URU though as soon as beta closes or the standalone client is shut down.

I did tell GT that I would stay if they sent me a new portable computer! I just heard lmao.gif .

So I am still down.gif

I am using the stand alone client then,and am glad to hear my speed test is good enough!
Am at work with little to do so time enough to send the ticket.
I do appriciate the advice from everyone, I do so want to meet you all!

+Quote Post
Cleft
post Feb 1 2007, 05:07 AM
Post #19

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 358

QUOTE (shannara @ Jan 31 2007, 06:29 PM) *
Let me try and explain wht I do and see when I go to my network connection:

I right click on my lan connection and see the option where I can configurate.
I indeed see a list and this is the list:
Network(MAC)Adresses
Networkmedia
Recieve buffer count

At the Network(MAC)Adresses it says Not Present
At Network Media I see Auto Sense and I can change that
At recieve buffer point the value is set at 40

So where do I change what and am I in the right spot and more important, Does it makes sence what I wrote and see? smile.gif

Yes I think you're in the right screen. Maybe I should have mentioned that not every networkcard has the "checksum" option (I don't have the option also). So if it's not there, you can't change it smile.gif

I hope you can log in soon again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
shannara
post Feb 1 2007, 06:36 AM
Post #20

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtg1265 @ Jan 31 2007, 09:47 PM) *
I might add that if you are running any type of a firewall on your computer, double check that it may not be blocking MOUL from starting after an update or whatever.

I indeed have windows firewall and a virus scan, but when I logged in the first time with succes bothe were running in the background,because I forgot to turn them off.
I do turn them off now and I clean up cokkiesd etc before I connect.

+Quote Post
kurtg1265
post Feb 1 2007, 08:19 PM
Post #21

Cactus King
Group Icon

Group: Veteran Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 93

I dont know that I would go as far to turn off firewall and antivirus. That is fine for testing purposes, but for any lengths of time, I personally wouldnt want to have to keep them off. The firewall should have some kind of a program control tab in it that should allow you to manually designate what programs to allow to connect to the internet and which ones not to. I use Zone Alarm Pro, and after every update I need to tell it that its ok for MOUL to connect again because it thinks it is a new program again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
shannara
post Feb 2 2007, 04:08 AM
Post #22

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

On or off it makes no difference I guess I was very luck the one time I could logg in. confused1.gif
Since then I can't log in

+Quote Post
Deryn
post Aug 21 2007, 04:00 PM
Post #23

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,112

Thanks to Dadguy posting the Speedtest site I was soooo unhappy with my results. Just had Verizon fios installed...check this out! clapping.gif

--------------------
Patiently waiting for M.O.R.E.

+Quote Post
UruBoo
post Aug 21 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #24

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 61

Holly Molly! 14 Mb/s down and 4 Mb/s up??? Gee, the way things are coming down here, that speed I'll get next century angry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
J'iim
post Aug 21 2007, 05:14 PM
Post #25

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,706

Decisions, decisions... I have had Comcast Internet since it was the @Home network, so 5 years or so. And there is a brand new FiOS box in my front yard that was put there last month. I get 12 down and 348K up. Works fine and is fast enough for most things, even URU. I'm not sure it's worth the aggravation to change.

Anyway... Welcome to the fast lane Mar'eth!

+Quote Post
budgiemom
post Aug 29 2007, 01:43 PM
Post #26

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,404

blush.gif OK, I know we have a thread for this; but I can't find it (mod please move if needed) I got the network 6 disconnect; then gametap disconnected; MOUL website seems to be down also. Is it just me? Or is MOUL, URU, and Gametap all down for the moment? (updating or storms or what?)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ayli
post Aug 29 2007, 01:49 PM
Post #27

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 7

Budgie, no problem getting into Uru or seeing MOUL forums. Try bypassing GT and see if you can get into Uru.

--------------------

+Quote Post
budgiemom
post Aug 29 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #28

Uru Guru
Group Icon

bye2.gif I got back in finally, but at at 7:20 pm I left because of a storm. Now I can't get back in, Gametap is very slow, even got a server message from them. When I do get to uru, whether thru gt or launcher i stick at the updating 0 seconds...hope that old bug is not back. Will keep trying.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dadguy
post Aug 29 2007, 09:12 PM
Post #29

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 28

Hi Budgie,

All of my Netwrok errors have been because of my broadband connection (i.e., problems with it). For one reason or another, I sometimes got intermittent connections to my broadband (DSL) when a storm ran through. I know this because I know the tools available to monitor it and have tied the Network6 error to disconnects on the DSL. So, whenever I got a Newtwork6 error, I checked the DSL modem and sure enough, the signal was dropping out.

It was worse at one point, but I badgered Verizon (whom kept saying it was wiring inside my house) and finally got a tech to come out who confirmed it and found a bad relay somewhere. He replaced it and I hardly ever have problems anymore.

I don't know if this will help you, but there it is. smile.gif

Cheers,

Dadguy

+Quote Post
budgiemom
post Aug 29 2007, 10:22 PM
Post #30

Uru Guru
Group Icon

clapping.gif OK, found the problem..something corrupted my Flash stuff. anything with flash would not load. I took my pc back one day and all is better...now for uru and gt..testing....

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th September 2019 - 08:21 PM