> Book Sharing
Natan
post Jul 26 2007, 05:14 AM
Post #1

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 5,567

I find difficulties in the sharing of books to link into each other worlds. Are there any technical flaws due to from which country you play, or just bugs?

/Natan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cleft
post Jul 26 2007, 05:35 AM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 358

Well you do need to be rather close to each other if you want to share your books and maybe needs a little practise in the beginning.
If I share my Relto with someone, I always go into 1st person view, so I have a better aim at the person I want to invite. I just walk towards them until I'm almost staning on their toes and then share the book smile.gif

One other thing you might want to keep in mind, is to click the person only one time with your book icon. If nothing happens after about 10 secconds, just click them again one time (maybe do a little step towards the person first). If you just keep clicking on someone, the relto book will just keep flashing in the other persons screen and is almost unable to click on the linking panel.

Also, if there is a cross through your linking book icon, you can't share your relto book at that time with that person.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Natan
post Jul 26 2007, 06:42 AM
Post #3

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cleft @ Jul 26 2007, 12:35 PM) *
Well you do need to be rather close to each other if you want to share your books and maybe needs a little practise in the beginning.
If I share my Relto with someone, I always go into 1st person view, so I have a better aim at the person I want to invite. I just walk towards them until I'm almost staning on their toes and then share the book smile.gif

One other thing you might want to keep in mind, is to click the person only one time with your book icon. If nothing happens after about 10 secconds, just click them again one time (maybe do a little step towards the person first). If you just keep clicking on someone, the relto book will just keep flashing in the other persons screen and is almost unable to click on the linking panel.

Also, if there is a cross through your linking book icon, you can't share your relto book at that time with that person.

Thanks, I will try that next time.

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post Jul 26 2007, 07:23 AM
Post #4

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 2,857

This can be finicky, at times. But, as Cleft mentions, be patient, as to much clicking can really make things worse!

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post
Ayli
post Jul 26 2007, 08:31 AM
Post #5

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 7

Welcome to the forum Natan clapping.gif

I just would like to add, that you would know when you targeted your invitee correctly is when your round cursor is filled in. If it is hollow, you have to get closer and find the target till the cursor fills in.

--------------------

+Quote Post
memiki
post Jul 26 2007, 12:41 PM
Post #6

Honorary Greeter
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 48

yeah I agree, it can be touchy at times. sometimes it works good other times not.
but get close to them. close enough for a hug.
Granny hugsss

--------------------
Beta Forum Name: Granny63 now Granny70
In my heart, I will always be a Greeter, once a greeter always a greeter

+Quote Post
Natan
post Jul 26 2007, 01:10 PM
Post #7

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ayli @ Jul 26 2007, 03:31 PM) *
Welcome to the forum Natan clapping.gif

I just would like to add, that you would know when you targeted your invitee correctly is when your round cursor is filled in. If it is hollow, you have to get closer and find the target till the cursor fills in.

That was informative! Mine has always been hollowed so I guess I have to get closer.

Natan

+Quote Post
Rocky
post Jul 26 2007, 03:18 PM
Post #8

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
From: Atlanta , Ga.... U.S.A. (in the "Berbs",by the Lake)
Member No.: 36

also your cursor will have a little book display when you are targeted on the player you want to share your book with..... just use your arror keys to move closer or back away........ also dont forget the . and the , to sidestep left or right
bleh.gif

--------------------

The Un-Offical Cat Herder

click here for info about cat herders

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2019 - 07:20 AM