> Memory Upgrade Had No Effect On Lag
EdythMiller
post Oct 9 2007, 07:29 PM
Post #1

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 5,731

I had been playing the game with 384MB physical memory, and experienced varied levels of lag depending on the Age I was in and how many other people were playing. My avatar would "treadmill" or "glide", or would move in short, slow jerks. I figured this was due to my using less than the recommended 512MB memory. I recently purchased a new memory card and I now play the game with 640MB memory. To my dissapointment, when I logged in to play after the upgrade, the game ran slower! Linking in took a million years and once I did, my avatar would take forever to barely move. I came back a few days later, when I knew fewer people would be online, and, thankfully, I moved faster- but no better than I did before my upgrade.

Is there a different element to my computer that I might need to upgrade?

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop.

Thanks for any assistance!
Edyth
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lord Chaos
post Oct 9 2007, 08:12 PM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 3,876

It seems that every computer is different. Some people report greatly reduced lag when they go from 1GB of RAM to 2GB. I noticed very little difference when I went from 512MB to 1GB.

How much RAM can you put in your laptop? The big problem I've heard of with laptops is their integrated video. If you can get a better mobile video card, that might be a better investment.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marten
post Oct 9 2007, 10:36 PM
Post #3

Uru Explorer
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,273

There is a a description of something else you can try to reduce lag here:

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic...p=202523#202523

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kon'Dor
post Oct 10 2007, 12:11 AM
Post #4

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 4,731

I believe your computer uses integrated ( on the motherboard ) graphics processor. They may tell you that you have 256 megs of video ram or some such number but it is likely that the video is grabbing memory from your system ram. There may be little you can do to speed things up. Some of the heavy duty laptops seem to be better able to handle video processing. ( Specially the ones not using intel graphics ). If your Dell is using an intel motherboard with intel graphics, you may be stuck unless there is some way to upgrade to a better graphics chip.

--------------------
STERCUS ACCIDIT

+Quote Post
EdythMiller
post Oct 10 2007, 12:39 PM
Post #5

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,731

I believe my graphics processor is integrated- and an intel motherboard sound right. I'll have to investigate my options for upgrading it- but I have a feeling you're right that I'm suck with it.

Edyth

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2019 - 02:15 AM