Trillian
post Jul 17 2013, 12:15 AM
Post #1

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 41

Hi all,

It's been a long while, (at least a couple of years), and it's warming to see so many familiar names. I'm having a technical issue that I was hoping you could help me with.

Signed on tonight as Trillian, and went into the city. No one there. Went to the Greeters hood and there was no one there either. So I went to the Nexus to see if there was anyone in any hood, and the only person I could find was ural, who didn't really seem to be there...just a blank avvie in a santa hat. Tried to sign on with my other avvie and had the same thing happen. So then I created a new avvie and sent her in...and finally found a few people in the city.

Is Trillian stuck in a defunct shard or something? Is there any way to move her and her stuff to one that's populated? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--------------------
Trillian

The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

ril glahsemah remerk
donít drink the poisoned water (Rawa).

kimages
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
J'iim
post Jul 17 2013, 06:03 AM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,706

QUOTE (Trillian @ Jul 17 2013, 12:15 AM) *
Hi all,

It's been a long while, (at least a couple of years), and it's warming to see so many familiar names. I'm having a technical issue that I was hoping you could help me with.

Signed on tonight as Trillian, and went into the city. No one there. Went to the Greeters hood and there was no one there either. So I went to the Nexus to see if there was anyone in any hood, and the only person I could find was ural, who didn't really seem to be there...just a blank avvie in a santa hat. Tried to sign on with my other avvie and had the same thing happen. So then I created a new avvie and sent her in...and finally found a few people in the city.

Is Trillian stuck in a defunct shard or something? Is there any way to move her and her stuff to one that's populated? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome back to the mostly empty cavern. There is no problem other than very few people are playing the game. On a good night you may find 10 or so people around the city. The extremely low number of players and lack of anything new to do has led to most of the Greeters to move off to other pursuits. A few Greeters still drop in from time to time but seeing one is rare.

There are events hosted by some of the more avid players which are usually posted in the MOUL forum.

+Quote Post
Trillian
post Jul 17 2013, 10:50 AM
Post #3

Uru Guru
Group Icon

For a moment, that's what I thought...that people had left the cavern. But this was different. Trillian was in a dead D'ni, but when I made a new avvie there were people around. I logged out, got Trillian and logged back on (asking those people to stay put for a moment), but seh was still in the same dead D'ni...those people weren't there. Just ural standing there like a statue in the Museum of Art hood. Did some shards get shut down or something? unsure.gif

--------------------
Trillian

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

ril glahsemah remerk

kimages

+Quote Post
J'iim
post Jul 17 2013, 01:54 PM
Post #4

Uru Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (Trillian @ Jul 17 2013, 11:50 AM) *
For a moment, that's what I thought...that people had left the cavern. But this was different. Trillian was in a dead D'ni, but when I made a new avvie there were people around. I logged out, got Trillian and logged back on (asking those people to stay put for a moment), but seh was still in the same dead D'ni...those people weren't there. Just ural standing there like a statue in the Museum of Art hood. Did some shards get shut down or something? unsure.gif

Sounds like your Trillian account might be corrupted somehow.

The only thing I can think of would be if you used the brown book to go to the city which puts you in the hood-instance of the city which is likely to be empty. Using the Nexus sends you to the public city where you most likely will find someone.

I'm not sure what you mean by other shards shutting down. Your MOUL account only works on Cyan's MOULa server. You have to download and install another client to get to any other shard. Ural standing like a statue in the game is not unusual, he tends to be focused on other things instead of the game.

This post has been edited by J'iim: Jul 17 2013, 01:56 PM

+Quote Post
Trillian
post Jul 21 2013, 07:02 PM
Post #5

Uru Guru
Group Icon

I thought that too...that my account was corrupt. That's why I created a new character in that account to see if that was the case. But that new character worked just fine. I tried the brown book, yes, but I also tried the nexus. Just couldn't get back to a city with peeps in it. The new character could...had those peeps wait for me to go get Trillian, but when I got back there, they were absent. Came back again with new avvie and they were right where I left them.

I heard some folks talking about downloading updates...? But I also heard that most people didn't like the updates and moved on.

I guess the bottom line is that I don't want to give up Trillian...she's been with me since beta. I was just wondering if there was some way to unstick her from her current lonely cavern. beg.gif

--------------------
Trillian

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

ril glahsemah remerk

kimages

+Quote Post
J'iim
post Jul 21 2013, 07:45 PM
Post #6

Uru Guru
Group Icon

The only thing I can think of is to delete Trillian and recreate her as a new character. Of course you would have to do EVERYTHING all over again. That's a bit tedious as I know well just having finished Uru Prime on my testbed. I am helping squash bugs on the open-source version of Uru and cleaning up some of the game files which look like someone stirred them with a pitchfork.

Oh! Just realized you would lose your greeter shirt doing that... it's tied to your KI #. Not sure you could ever get it back. Try going everywhere and doing everything you can (like sticking your KI into the GZ machine) or anything you can think of. Maybe you can shake something loose.

This post has been edited by J'iim: Jul 21 2013, 07:50 PM

+Quote Post
Trillian
post Jul 23 2013, 11:31 PM
Post #7

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Thanks J'iim. I'll try that. I don't wanna lose my Greeter shirt! rock.gif

--------------------
Trillian

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

ril glahsemah remerk

kimages

+Quote Post
Nev'yn
post Jan 7 2014, 02:06 PM
Post #8

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 70,498

QUOTE (Trillian @ Jul 23 2013, 11:31 PM) *
Thanks J'iim. I'll try that. I don't wanna lose my Greeter shirt! rock.gif

@Trillion: Sent you a message.

--------------------

(Nevyn’s Note: Any comments, thoughts, or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of either GoMe or the GoC.)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2019 - 08:34 AM