buy antibiotics without prescription
Guild of Greeters   Suitable for Every Age   

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Screen Does Not Support 800x600 Resolution So I Can't Get In.
Cyoor
post Dec 2 2011, 04:50 PM
Post #1

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 4,203

Hi!

I havnt played for a while, but now I thought I might give it a try again when live is back up.
Anyway. I have another monitor now, and it doesnt support the 800x600 resolution. (its a widescreen monitor) This seems to be a problem since it seems that is the standard resolution of the game. This means I cant get into the game to change the resolution.

I have checked the graphics.ini file, but that doesnt contain readable text.
Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tomala
post Dec 2 2011, 11:00 PM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,239

I have a widescreen monitor too and haven't had this issue. What is your native resolution and OS?

+Quote Post
Cyoor
post Dec 3 2011, 08:19 AM
Post #3

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tomala @ Dec 3 2011, 05:00 AM) *
I have a widescreen monitor too and haven't had this issue. What is your native resolution and OS?

My native resolution is 1366x768 My OS is Ubuntu 11.10 with gnome-shell and wine but that is not the problem, since my screen doesn't support 800x600 in windows either. My monitor just wont ever show that resolution.

I can start the game and hear the sound from everything in the start.. I can interact with it and exit the game, but I cant see the screen, since my screen doesn't support the resolution.

+Quote Post
Tomala
post Dec 3 2011, 09:00 AM
Post #4

Uru Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cyoor @ Dec 3 2011, 05:19 AM) *

My native resolution is 1366x768 My OS is Ubuntu 11.10 with gnome-shell and wine but that is not the problem, since my screen doesn't support 800x600 in windows either. My monitor just wont ever show that resolution.

I can start the game and hear the sound from everything in the start.. I can interact with it and exit the game, but I cant see the screen, since my screen doesn't support the resolution.

Ah. I wouldn't know then since I've used it in win XP. You might want to try asking over at the MystOnline forums about it.Maybe even the Guild Of Writers since some of the people over there use that distro.

This post has been edited by Tomala: Dec 3 2011, 09:02 AM

+Quote Post
Cyoor
post Dec 3 2011, 01:59 PM
Post #5

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tomala @ Dec 3 2011, 03:00 PM) *

Ah. I wouldn't know then since I've used it in win XP. You might want to try asking over at the MystOnline forums about it.Maybe even the Guild Of Writers since some of the people over there use that distro.

Well it would be the same as in windows, since its wine, but anywy I solved the problem by borrowing a friends screen logging in and then changing resolution to a resolution my screen would accept. smile.gif
Works now and im in. Not anyone there though, but im in atleast. wink3.gif

+Quote Post
Tomala
post Dec 3 2011, 09:47 PM
Post #6

Uru Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cyoor @ Dec 3 2011, 10:59 AM) *
QUOTE (Tomala @ Dec 3 2011, 03:00 PM) *

Well it would be the same as in windows, since its wine, but anywy I solved the problem by borrowing a friends screen logging in and then changing resolution to a resolution my screen would accept. smile.gif
Works now and im in. Not anyone there though, but im in atleast. wink3.gif

Ah, glad you got it figured out then. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2019 - 12:31 PM