> Humans Coming To An End, Through natures will
gmz1013
post Feb 11 2008, 12:40 PM
Post #16

Uru Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 3,727

(me pops back in here after forgetting that he posted this blush.gif bye2.gif )
okay, now to adress everything that i need to:

Bio-tech (Cyborgs, and other biological Tech.) would be great, can you picture a car that you put your scrap food into and it produce energy (like a horse) and only produces Body waste/Gas. that would be amazing.

moon: yah, i've wondered that myself, although: they are making the moon a 'base' so that we can go Create another earth on Mars, which would probably cut down on the population here... but slightly Doom like IMO.

Off the grid: the only reason i havent gone off the grid is (A) because im a minor and would get the cops called on my too almost instaltly, and (cool.gif because i would miss my girlfriend. But as soon as i turn 18 (2 years), me and hear can head off the grid and i can do what i've always wanted to (become a writer, out in the middle of the forest(woods most likely by then) and not have to worry about whats going on in the outside world...
I do not, however want to become one of those crazy people who does nothing but worry about what they eat, what chemicals are in the water and all that stuff, i'm sure my body will be able to handle that.

--------------------
I pinch...
WHy no pinch?
mabey little pincH?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CAGrayWolf
post Feb 11 2008, 03:27 PM
Post #17

The Wolfmeister
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 35

QUOTE (gmz1013 @ Feb 11 2008, 09:40 AM) *
moon: yah, i've wondered that myself, although: they are making the moon a 'base' so that we can go Create another earth on Mars, which would probably cut down on the population here... but slightly Doom like IMO.

I seriously doubt this would cut down on the population in either places. In order to cut down of population the people of the world would have to stop ... well propagating in the first place. whistling.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
alaina
post Feb 12 2008, 04:52 PM
Post #18

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 5,619

fat chance of that lol. I think though folks should hold off on becoming parents. I did i was thirty with the birth of my son. im now thrity five. Thats old for a first time parent. lol. But it is becoming a common thing. maybe this is a good thing. bye2.gif the slower we proprogate. the less strain we are on the world. bye2.gif

--------------------

You listen with your ears not your lips

+Quote Post
d'rbeh
post Feb 12 2008, 06:25 PM
Post #19

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 2,050

my sister in law had her first baby when she was 41. she had her second when she was 46. her first pregnancy was moderate, but her second one was easy.

unbridled population growth is a sure death knell for any population... usually there are checks and balances though. i think humans are ignoring them, to be honest.

--------------------

+Quote Post
racegirl
post Feb 12 2008, 07:06 PM
Post #20

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,608

I personally feel there's far too much human interference in the natural processes of birth and conception. If a couple is unable to conceive naturally, perhaps that's Mother Nature saying there's a reason..........likewise for babies born with serious and major health issues. Without extensive medical interference, these children would probably not survive - which is nature's way of regulating the population.

Easy for me to say I realise - I've never had that "do whatever it takes to give me a baby" maternal instinct.

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity.....
......I enjoy it!

+Quote Post
mishra
post Feb 13 2008, 09:11 PM
Post #21

Uru Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 2,936

I'm really rather split on the issue
I think that people who are complaining that humanity might underpopulate and die out are being silly; short of sort type of "Children of Man"-esque scenario, I don't think humans are going to stop reproducing any time soon.
In terms of humanity degenerating to some lower force, I would like to think otherwisem, but that is sometimes difficult. I certainly think that we've become more accustomed to comfort and less manual labour than our predecessors, but I don't know whether that constitutes a lesser form of life.

--------------------
I swear I've become
The skin of a drum
The heart of a man
Divided I stand

+Quote Post
Piran
post Feb 21 2008, 07:56 PM
Post #22

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,045

QUOTE (alaina @ Feb 12 2008, 04:52 PM) *
fat chance of that lol. I think though folks should hold off on becoming parents. I did i was thirty with the birth of my son. im now thrity five. Thats old for a first time parent. lol. bye2.gif

I am thirty eight, and just had Dana, (yes, our first) four months ago! You're not as old as you think Alaina! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Piran: Feb 21 2008, 07:57 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
racegirl
post Feb 21 2008, 11:49 PM
Post #23

Uru Guru
Group Icon

I know couples who didn't start their families until after the wife had turned 40......

This post has been edited by racegirl: Feb 21 2008, 11:49 PM

--------------------
......I enjoy it!

+Quote Post
L'lee
post Feb 23 2008, 12:02 AM
Post #24

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 1,084

QUOTE (racegirl @ Feb 21 2008, 10:49 PM) *
I know couples who didn't start their families until after the wife had turned 40......

Same here... hubby has an aunt that didn't have kids till after 40....

Although, "40 is the new 30," so... it's quite young these days!

--------------------
When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my response is,
"I am thankful that I have a cup!"

+Quote Post
Deem
post Feb 23 2008, 12:36 AM
Post #25

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,822

And older parents means (hopefully) more mature, more knowledgeable, more patient. The parent has had time to experience life and find himself/herself. Which means less resentment for the child coming along and taking away the best years of a parent's life. These are all just my idealistic thoughts. Am I right or wrong, parents? wink3.gif

+Quote Post
racegirl
post Feb 23 2008, 03:09 AM
Post #26

Uru Guru
Group Icon

The other side of the coin is that older parents are more set in their ways, and less able (or inclined) to cope with an event which completely sets your whole life on its ear........just an observation I've made by watching parents both young and older.

--------------------
......I enjoy it!

+Quote Post
Etheldred
post Jun 6 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #27

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,961

There are supposed to be a LOT of problems with having children later in life. And it is selfish, IMO. It gives rise to the, "Why can't I have my first child at the age of 55?" generation. Nature gave women the menopause for a reason.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2019 - 04:06 PM