> Myst Rocket, Saved Game?
budgiemom
post Jun 24 2005, 08:55 PM
Post #1

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 1,404

Hi, Ok, I am replaying the dvd version of Myst-The old CD version just will not play on my puter---with that old game I only made it through the rocket twice. I am not musical and I can not really distinguish between the notes. I even know the numerical number of notes or mouse clicks for each of the five bars; but I still can't hear or feel enough to get the right ones.

I tried slowing my mouse down, or grabbing with the right-side mouse, etc. but that doesn't work either.

Does anyone have a saved game of just this puzzle so that I can get to the linking book? I've searched the web, but couldn't find one.

Help!!!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lotta Lagg
post Jun 25 2005, 04:10 AM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 137

So sorry wish I could help you, but I can't. down.gif
Good Luck in the game.
I'm sure you'll get the help you need. bye2.gif

--------------------
"ONE ONENESS ONE"

+Quote Post
DaDungeon
post Jun 25 2005, 04:33 AM
Post #3

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 146

Dadguy, over on the Gameboomers Forums has a lot of MREDU saved games . . .

maybe he'd have one for the RealMyst rocketship sound puzzle.

--------------------
The Guild of Doofi Prophetess suddenly displays a strange photo:

+Quote Post
legendary_gaiden...
post Jun 27 2005, 05:20 PM
Post #4

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 3,598

If you want to do it on your own after using the save game, you can hum the tunes as you play them and, one at a time, place them in order on the starship synthesizer (for accuracy). Just make sure you have the right notes and order.

+Quote Post
MrM3FaN
post Jun 27 2005, 05:26 PM
Post #5

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 46

Not sure if this will help but what I always did for that rocket ship music puzzle was I would go over to the organ and press and hold the first key that the clue listes. I would hold down the key till it started repeating itself and listened carefully to it. Once I had that sound going in my head I would quickly go over to the panel and slowly move the first knob up till I could hear that exact same repeating sound. Then I would repeat this for the other 4 notes. This worked the best for me since I am pretty tone deaf! bleh.gif

This post has been edited by MrM3FaN: Jun 27 2005, 05:28 PM

--------------------
KI# 1999985

+Quote Post
legendary_gaiden...
post Jun 29 2005, 08:11 PM
Post #6

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 3,598

QUOTE (MrM3FaN @ Jun 27 2005, 04:26 PM)
Not sure if this will help but what I always did for that rocket ship music puzzle was I would go over to the organ and press and hold the first key that the clue listes. I would hold down the key till it started repeating itself and listened carefully to it. Once I had that sound going in my head I would quickly go over to the panel and slowly move the first knob up till I could hear that exact same repeating sound. Then I would repeat this for the other 4 notes. This worked the best for me since I am pretty tone deaf! bleh.gif

that's...the same as I suggetsed...

+Quote Post
budgiemom
post Jun 29 2005, 11:42 PM
Post #7

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 1,404

Yay!!!!!! I got through tonight!!!! I used your idea MrM3FAN....Maybe my hearing was finally tuned up...I don't know but I did the keyboard just like you said....and it worked....On the very first time I tried all five notes!!!!

What a Relief!!!

Thanks so much to everyone who had suggestions. I did try something though that might help others. I went to Windows Accessibilty and set the mouse for Mouse Keys...I was able to count the clicks...and slow things way down. It didn't help me that much but atleast I could see and click individual mouse thingys. When that didn't work...I used the music keyboard like Mr M said.... worship.gif Thanks again!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2019 - 02:13 AM