> Kadish - Book Woes And Now Bahro Pole Woes
LauraMac
post Mar 6 2010, 11:28 AM
Post #1

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 148

First, Shorah to any old timers still about and to people who have no clue to who I am - then I am happy to meet you smile.gif

Been awhile, but I hope I do not have to re install the entire game to address this glitch.

When I first arrived at my relto, I could open all the book containers (the ones on your front yard) Except the one for Kadish. I pressed the hand and it showed only 5 lights (missing the last two fingers)

I went to the age using the link at the city, and now I have finished the age - jumped down to the cave - pressed the hand (which is now no longer operational) but the Bahro pole did not link away. It is still there.

Any help, work arounds etc much appreciated
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
J'iim
post Mar 6 2010, 12:02 PM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,706

Try toggling the 4 book containers off (so you have only one) by using the page in your Relto book and then on again. You will have to leave and return to see the changes in your Relto. Then go back to the cave and again try to return the pole. If it still will not go away, then (if your book is on your shelf and useable), I would try to go through your own Age and resolve everything.

If all else fails, then delete the book from your Relto shelf by pressing the bottom metal tab (dot-in-box symbol). That should unlock the container outside and you will need to collect the book again from there. I believe (but not certain) that at least in the Prime Ages, you do not lose your journey cloth progress but all puzzles will have to be resolved.

+Quote Post
LauraMac
post Mar 6 2010, 12:25 PM
Post #3

Uru Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (J'iim @ Mar 6 2010, 06:02 PM) *
Try toggling the 4 book containers off (so you have only one) by using the page in your Relto book and then on again. You will have to leave and return to see the changes in your Relto. Then go back to the cave and again try to return the pole. If it still will not go away, then (if your book is on your shelf and useable), I would try to go through your own Age and resolve everything.

If all else fails, then delete the book from your Relto shelf by pressing the bottom metal tab (dot-in-box symbol). That should unlock the container outside and you will need to collect the book again from there. I believe (but not certain) that at least in the Prime Ages, you do not lose your journey cloth progress but all puzzles will have to be resolved.

Thanks for the speedy reply and list of possible solves.

Off to try and I will let you know which works, (feeling optomistic that one will do the job)

in case someone else has this issue smile.gif

+Quote Post
LauraMac
post Mar 6 2010, 05:59 PM
Post #4

Uru Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (J'iim @ Mar 6 2010, 06:02 PM) *
Try toggling the 4 book containers off (so you have only one) by using the page in your Relto book and then on again. You will have to leave and return to see the changes in your Relto. Then go back to the cave and again try to return the pole.

I did this, and returned to the Bahro cave at Kadish. This time it did link out with the shower of sparks. BUT then it immediately was back.

If it still will not go away, then (if your book is on your shelf and useable), I would try to go through your own Age and resolve everything.

The game will not let me delete the book. It just slides back, but is still there. I need some way if out there to fix the pillar. I have a screen grab of what it looks like when I press and try to open it.

+Quote Post
J'iim
post Mar 6 2010, 06:42 PM
Post #5

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Sliding back means it was deleted. Go get the book again to return it to the out position. This is the way it indicates a deleted book.

+Quote Post
LauraMac
post Mar 6 2010, 07:28 PM
Post #6

Uru Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (J'iim @ Mar 7 2010, 12:42 AM) *
Sliding back means it was deleted. Go get the book again to return it to the out position. This is the way it indicates a deleted book.

It still did not reset the pillar outside. It still shows a partial response (as if all the journey cloths were not activated back at the cleft) to pressing the journey hand (to open it)

It is something wrong with the Kadish pillar or book holder itself. I did find someone had this issue with the last release, but I did not see any fix posted or reply that helped.

Is there anyway to get replacement files just for the pillar or that age rather than have to re install the entire game and start everything all over? Kadish is fast to repeat but not the same for Garrison and some parts of the others.

Thanks, for the ideas though smile.gif

This post has been edited by LauraMac: Mar 6 2010, 07:28 PM

+Quote Post
J'iim
post Mar 6 2010, 09:15 PM
Post #7

Uru Guru
Group Icon

The system probably thinks you are missing some cloths. Perhaps if you went to someone else's age and touched all the cloths for that age, it might clear something. The game probably thinks you have not completed the journey and will not let you finish.

Ummm, something I'm not clear about from rereading everything. Is the pole in the cave or in your Relto? If the pole appeared in your Relto and is now back in the cave and will not leave again, the system has determined that you are done with that Age. If that is the case, all you have to do is finish the other 3 Ages. Once you return a pole to the cave from Relto, it will not go back. I've always waited to return all the poles until after finishing the 4 Ages. Did a crack appear in the ground between the pillars in your Relto? If so then you are done with that Age.

/me makes note to try to return piilars to cave before completing other Ages just to see what happens.

This post has been edited by J'iim: Mar 6 2010, 09:41 PM

+Quote Post
LauraMac
post Mar 6 2010, 10:59 PM
Post #8

Uru Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (J'iim @ Mar 7 2010, 03:15 AM) *
The system probably thinks you are missing some cloths. Perhaps if you went to someone else's age and touched all the cloths for that age, it might clear something. The game probably thinks you have not completed the journey and will not let you finish.

Ummm, something I'm not clear about from rereading everything. Is the pole in the cave or in your Relto? If the pole appeared in your Relto and is now back in the cave and will not leave again, the system has determined that you are done with that Age. If that is the case, all you have to do is finish the other 3 Ages. Once you return a pole to the cave from Relto, it will not go back. I've always waited to return all the poles until after finishing the 4 Ages. Did a crack appear in the ground between the pillars in your Relto? If so then you are done with that Age.

No bahro totem form kadish has ever appeared in my Relto - the book pillar remains locked.

No no - no crack. I was part of the original beta - so I am pretty aware of how the game has played in the past.

What had me confused is before - all the books would open. This time after the cleft they all did except the Kadish pillar. And I noticed this weird glitch - seen on the screen. I mean if I did not complete the journey cloths at the cleft I could not be at my Relto with anything.

There is something off with the code, or install for the Kadish Book pillar.

I am not sure that linking elsewhere would fix this. The book I have, though missing the GFX for the start of the age, and the age as played so far - has all the puzzles, goodies, relto pages and journey pages accurately accounted for.It is only at the end it will not send the Bahro stone to my Relto.

This post has been edited by LauraMac: Mar 6 2010, 11:01 PM

+Quote Post
J'iim
post Mar 6 2010, 11:48 PM
Post #9

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Until you get the book from the totem, you will see the black swirl on the one on your shelf. I had a very similar problem when I helped someone do an Age I had not gotten the book for myself. I did eventually clear it but now I don't remember exactly how. I think I deleted the book and the pillar reset itself because I remember hearing the sound when I deleted the book. When I went back outside the pillar had returned to the cave and the book was accessible. I will create a throwaway avvie tomorrow and see if completing ann Age in someone else's instance duplicates the problem.

This post has been edited by J'iim: Mar 6 2010, 11:48 PM

+Quote Post
LauraMac
post Mar 6 2010, 11:56 PM
Post #10

Uru Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (J'iim @ Mar 7 2010, 05:48 AM) *
Until you get the book from the totem, you will see the black swirl on the one on your shelf. I had a very similar problem when I helped someone do an Age I had not gotten the book for myself. I did eventually clear it but now I don't remember exactly how. I think I deleted the book and the pillar reset itself because I remember hearing the sound when I deleted the book. When I went back outside the pillar had returned to the cave and the book was accessible. I will create a throwaway avvie tomorrow and see if completing ann Age in someone else's instance duplicates the problem.

Thanks - I am kind of reluctant to play any other aspect of MOUL - in case I have to star from scratch

Will be checking for your feedback - no worries, I am patient smile.gif

+Quote Post
J'iim
post Mar 7 2010, 07:36 AM
Post #11

Uru Guru
Group Icon

I created a new avatar this morning and after two hours of running through Kadish solving it twice, I was unable to reproduce your problem exactly. What I did learn is that if you finish Kadish to the point of getting to the Bahro cave, and you have not gotten the Kadish book in your Relto by opening the pillar and selecting it, the Bahro pole will not leave the cave. Even if you go back through the nexus or Kadish Gallery and solve your own Age and you do not have the book from the pillar, the Bahro pole will not leave the cave.

I tested trying to open the pillar and it did open for me. I may not have followed the exact sequence of actions you did so either you were glitched or I did something differently.

Good news is there is a way to do a clean restart if you can find no other resolution to your problem.
[*] At the character selection screen, select your avatar and delete it. shock.gif
[*] IMMEDIATELY create a new character and use the same name. If no one beats you to it, you will create a new avatar with the same name as your old one thumbsup.gif
[*] Once your collect your new KI, you will find that your player ID (KI #) has changed. Be sure to tell your Buddies the new #.
[*] If you were a member in some neighborhood other than the default DRC Bevin you started with, you will need a member of that neighborhood to share their hood book with you again so you can rejoin.

You will back at the very beginning again. Solve the Cleft again and then open all your pillars and get the books whether you are going to work on those Ages or not. This will solve the problem of helping in someone else's Age before you complete your own.

If I can reproduce your problem exactly (the pillar not opening) and I come up with a solution, I will post it here for you. I am back at square one with my new avvie so I can try to break the Age again.

edited for grammar, spelling and clarity (probably failed on all those smile.gif)

This post has been edited by J'iim: Mar 7 2010, 07:40 AM

+Quote Post
LauraMac
post Mar 7 2010, 09:31 AM
Post #12

Uru Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (J'iim @ Mar 7 2010, 01:36 PM) *
What I did learn is that if you finish Kadish to the point of getting to the Bahro cave, and you have not gotten the Kadish book in your Relto by opening the pillar and selecting it, the Bahro pole will not leave the cave. Even if you go back through the nexus or Kadish Gallery and solve your own Age and you do not have the book from the pillar, the Bahro pole will not leave the cave.

In the original versions of URU live, you did not have access to the city until you had finished the base game and returned the bahros, gotten the rain etc. So if you had a problem with one of the age books you had to re set your avatar and start over.

Well what I get for exploiting a way to get to the age in spite of my busted pillar smile.gif

If I can reproduce your problem exactly (the pillar not opening) and I come up with a solution, I will post it here for you. I am back at square one with my new avvie so I can try to break the Age again.

I went back through my actions in the cleft and they were fast (played it so many times before) but there's not much to do wrong and no order of the cloths to get. Ill create a new avatar, with a new version of my name and keep the old in case it can be reset or fixed somehow later. So will check here to see if anything popped up that could save my original game smile.gif

edited for grammar, spelling and clarity (probably failed on all those smile.gif)

You're not alone Arggg I am a terrible typist - all finger challenged and such smile.gif

+Quote Post
J'iim
post Mar 7 2010, 01:03 PM
Post #13

Uru Guru
Group Icon

OK.

I played through Kadish 2 more times. I did the entire journey through another player's Kadish and when I got to the cave, the Bahro pole would not leave and then the handprint on the wall no longer responded. I did not have the Kadish book on my Relto shelf at all.

I then successfully opened all 4 pillars on Relto and was able to collect the Kadish book. I went through and solved my personal instance of Kadish (did not need to touch any cloths since cloths are saved) and when I pressed the handprint in the cave, the pole vanished and appeared in Relto just as it should.

It appears your vault record is glitched. The only option I see is to delete your character and then recreate her. Only Cyan can change your vault record and I doubt they would. You could try the other solutions mentioned above again. I tested to see if switching to one pillar and trying to get back to the Cleft would work but the pillar for the Cleft will not open once you have done the first journey there (in contradiction to what Mac_Fife said on the MOUL forum).

+Quote Post
LauraMac
post Mar 7 2010, 01:14 PM
Post #14

Uru Fan
Group Icon

QUOTE (J'iim @ Mar 7 2010, 07:03 PM) *
OK.

It appears your vault record is glitched. The only option I see is to delete your character and then recreate her. Only Cyan can change your vault record and I doubt they would. You could try the other solutions mentioned above again. I tested to see if switching to one pillar and trying to get back to the Cleft would work but the pillar for the Cleft will not open once you have done the first journey there (in contradiction to what Mac_Fife said on the MOUL forum).

I see, I sent a ticket to Cyan - but do not expect them to be able to fix this. Just not cost effective.

Thanks for all your help. I'll wait a few days to restart, not into all that running about again without a break smile.gif

+Quote Post
UruBoo
post Mar 8 2010, 06:18 AM
Post #15

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 61

Ah, don't worry. You are from the "good old days". Back in beta you remember how often we had "wipe vaults" and have to redo all things again. Piece of cake to us...

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2019 - 10:17 PM