buy antibiotics without prescription
Guild of Greeters   Suitable for Every Age   

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Selecting Images Displayed In Ki, Can deleted images be brought back onto the KI Device?
Adam_Reith
post Apr 16 2010, 10:53 AM
Post #1

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 5,965

I understand that the KI Device can only hold a very limited number of images, pictures that an avatar has taken, at any one time. I know how to delete the ones I no longer need so I can take new ones.
I also know where the images are stored on my computer and I am able to view them in programs such as PaintShop Pro etc.

But does anyone know how the program recognises which pictures are currently meant to be displayed in-game? Is it possible to choose to put back pictures that I deleted but would now like to show again?

Thanks

This post has been edited by Adam_Reith: Apr 16 2010, 10:54 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
J'iim
post Apr 16 2010, 11:19 AM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,706

QUOTE (Adam_Reith @ Apr 16 2010, 10:53 AM) *
I understand that the KI Device can only hold a very limited number of images, pictures that an avatar has taken, at any one time. I know how to delete the ones I no longer need so I can take new ones.
I also know where the images are stored on my computer and I am able to view them in programs such as PaintShop Pro etc.

But does anyone know how the program recognises which pictures are currently meant to be displayed in-game? Is it possible to choose to put back pictures that I deleted but would now like to show again?

Thanks

The images and journal entries (KI-notes) that show in your KI are stored in the vault database. They are referenced by an ID number which is what is stored in your KI list. Once you delete the ID number from your KI, you no longer can access the data stored in the vault. If you have sent the image or note (the ID # in fact) to someone else, they can still view the data. They could send you a copy if you deleted yours.

Images that you take with the KI create a copy on your local HD. Pictures others send you are not stored on your computer. There is no way to upload an image from your local HD back into the vault server using the existing game client. Once you delete it from the KI, it is gone. This is by design to keep undesireable images from being uploaded into the game.

Cyan once (in MOUL) allowed you to submit images to be added online but (although I have seen images that could not have been made in-game in MOULa), I do not believe this service is "officially" still available.

This post has been edited by J'iim: Apr 16 2010, 11:29 AM

+Quote Post
Adam_Reith
post Apr 17 2010, 03:04 AM
Post #3

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 5,965

Many thanks J'iim.
I had an idea it would be something like that but I was just not sure.

See you in the Cavern.

Shorah

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th December 2019 - 12:21 PM