> Something Else - For Christmas?, The Union.com article
ellen6
post Sep 7 2004, 03:08 PM
Post #31

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 82

But, if someone guessed really good. He would wonder who let that information out. shock.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mysti Sage
post Sep 7 2004, 05:06 PM
Post #32

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 2,066

Okay. Switching to logic mode.

If Something Else isn't Myst 5, as RAWA has said, then it is either a continuation of the Uru story, or Something Else entirely.

I find it unlikely that there will be an Uru II or 2 (it just doesn't sound right) and it's official that there are not going to be any more Uru XPacks. So, it would have to be something for Uru that isn't exactly an expansion pack (I don't know what this might be, though).

Or, Something Else could be a different storyline from Uru and Myst (Myst has been mostly about Atrus and family, Uru has been about Yeesha and the D'ni) or even an entirely different universe. I think this is a bit more likely, after it IS supposed to be Something Else!

Really, I don't care if it's Uru or Myst or whatever it's title is. As long as it's as good looking as Uru, as puzzling as Riven, and has a good plot, I'm happy. And I'm inclined to think that I will be, after all, it is coming from Cyan. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ja'de
post Sep 7 2004, 09:12 PM
Post #33

Guild Master
Group Icon

Group: Admin (Admin)
Member No.: 19

My guess is that we will get to play the role of a current charactor instead of a nameless stranger. The decisions we make as we go along will change how the game plays out. It would be cool if we could write our own ages using predetermined modules. They could then make further 'Age' modules available later on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
L'lee
post Sep 7 2004, 10:03 PM
Post #34

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 1,084

Now that really WOULD be "Something Else™"!!!

--------------------
When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my response is,
"I am thankful that I have a cup!"

+Quote Post
Kass
post Sep 8 2004, 06:35 PM
Post #35

Uru Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 40

Interesting speculations smile.gif. I will throw something out here if I may.....

Why are we having so much of a hard time with the idea that "Something Else" could be just that? Cyan folks are quite capable, experienced, and able to invent, create, design and code an entire different game aren't they? Or do we think that they live and die with Myst and URU and have lost all ability to go beyond these?
[hmmmm, cause we would just love that, isn't that right? more URU please smile.gif] Everything I've been reading seems to be more wishful thinking and hopes and speculations and reading between the lines. We just want it so bad we are not seing anything else.

Personally, I really can't imagine that they will attempt a live game this time, it simply could not be as good (biased? me??) as URU promised to be, and why do something half way? Why risk another set-back (notice I do not say failure please!)Disapoint the fans....not their style I'd think. Suicidal even. Imagine Cyan doing a There or Second Life type of game or a shootem (big money makers)...er, nah.

If I were in their shoes I would be creating something totally off the Myst/URU track, something really really good. Something that could perhaps start a new trend 'till the time is right for URU Live to come back to the nest and be reborn in the feasible, money-making self it needs to be.

So, what I expect to see is another WOW, puzzle solving of some type sure, not set in D'ni but another invented age/place/world of some type. I will be happy for yet another game of this type and keep hoping that in a few more years our favourite game will make a come-back. Actually, I know it will in some shape or form, I mean it just can't die, we need it too much. blink.gif

If we have to wait another 2 yrs for yet another sequel to Myst after Revelations arrrghhhh, no, that cant be. So, this will be good and different enough to keep us interested, occupied and patient. And it too will have sequels for them same reasons.

JMO biggrin.gif

sprint.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adnil
post Sep 8 2004, 11:59 PM
Post #36

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 428

clapping.gif Very well said Kass. I happen to agree with you!

+Quote Post
D'anak
post Sep 9 2004, 02:19 AM
Post #37

Honorary Grand Pooh Bear
Group Icon

Member No.: 254

Thank You Kass! worship.gif

Someone had to say it!

I was fortunate enough to have spent some time this last weekend with a fellow Greeter in Spokane whistling.gif ... Went by CYAN, (noone was home down.gif ... couldn't get past the high-security electric fences and vicious man-eating guard-dogs... roll.gif J/K... I'll post those pics on another thread )
...we visited "the clock tower"...etc... and Talked, Talked, Talked!
.... and we were discussing the exact same scenario.

It is time to move on to Something Else.

The bonds we have made here will endure... the community did not start here,(in URU) ... nor will it end here! thumbsup.gif

Thank you for your honesty... and I whole-heartedly agree that our friends at Cyan are quite capable of avoiding artistic suicide biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by D'anak: Sep 9 2004, 02:20 AM

+Quote Post
jordarkelf
post Sep 9 2004, 02:36 AM
Post #38

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,861

As long as it is not that Myst first person shooter (anyone remember the April Fools' joke that first revealed realMYST?), or some Cyan-like "adventure" game where you have to "talk" with horribly artifacted "people"...

"Myst: Gartneray: Revenge of the Ro'nay", where you play as a young Writer Ri'neref who has to perform meanial tasks in order to get enough followers to populate the Age of D'ni... example missions include bringing parcels from Age 1 to Age 2 etc.. Complete with the sidekick brothers "Gehny" and "Aity" (far ancestors of Aitrus), who keep fighting and thereby messing up your Book, so you have to start over and over again.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2019 - 06:28 PM