> Gremlins
budgiemom
post May 21 2010, 12:53 PM
Post #1

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 1,404

huh.gif Well, what can I say but that it's been a lively 10 days at my house! Hubby has been working at his parttime job, so my dd (dear daughter) and I have been home "alone". It all started with the Air Conditioner....Last month it was worked on when it "mysteriously" came unplugged at the fuse box outside of the house. Something about it probably worked its way off every time it stopped and started ....very vague. Anyway...fixed in a few minutes. Then "things" started to escalate. It was warm the other day and getting hotter...hmmmm...the thermostat says it's 85 but it's set at 80. Maybe the filter pads need changing. So the dd gets into her "hot" car--her AC does not work--and drives to the local hardware store---8 blocks away---purchases filters, drives back and installs them. Hmmm...temperature rising....takes 20 minutes to find the phone number of the AC people. I wrongly thought the name was Comfort Systems--but no it was Valley Comfort Systems. Hubby, later after he arrives home, tells me that the number is on the AC/furnace in the fish room in black sharpie ink, in large numbers angry.gif . So, OK, the people arrives in 15 minutes of my call, fix the problem---burned out capasitor---Pay large Bill.
(later in the week, I have a mini-trip and hurt my foot. So now am in pain and hobbling around even worse than usual---not my fault--or was it?)
Second---get phone call from security company (Sunday)---something wrong with our alarm system---hmmm, its says "battery trouble". angry.gif Hubby goes off to work, I call company---they can come next day in the afternoon. OK, fine. Good thing it was afternoon, as a huge storm hit the valley, flooded the area around security company, blew stuff around my house, but the repairman is able to make it. He shows me the battery...it is hot....it is swollen.... They will send very large bill. ...well, that's better for the checking account.
Third...."Mom, someone didn't shut the kitchen freezer door and the icecream is all melted!" angry.gif "Mom, the temperature in the fridge is almost 50 and stuff in the freezer is melting!" Scramble to save most of the freezer/fridge stuff in alternate locations. It doesn't all fit. "What do you mean there are 3 open mayonaise jars in the fridge?" Ohhh, the things you find in the back shelves of a now 65 degree fridge. Call the repairman. I must say the calling and scheduling and repairing was painless. By the afternoon, all was fixed. Motherboard this time. Ummm, you have to pay very very large bill now....$289.74.... yucky.gif . So, OK. The house is cool, my foot is up on a cushion, the fridge/freezer is getting cold....Later that evening....
Time for nite nite, just one more trip to the bathroom.....Hubby!!!---the toilet's not flushing!!! headbang.gif The little plastic thingy that goes from the handle to the chain...or whatever is busted. The dd will have to make a run to the hardware store again. OK....it's almost lights out at our house. The dd says..."Hey, I wonder what else will break?...." Hubby lets out a bellow----"Stoooopppp, don't anyone say anything....not another word!!!!!!!"
As I am writing this, in my cool house, with a cold drink, and a working toilet....I am thankful...that so far today.....oops I better shhh.gif

This post has been edited by budgiemom: May 21 2010, 01:04 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
d'rbeh
post May 21 2010, 03:30 PM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 2,050

OMG...

i am afraid to laugh, because i know how frustrating all of that must have been, but the way you told it brings these visions into mind... it would make a great sitcom episode! smile.gif

well, at least you are cool!

whew!

tread lightly! LOL unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ken Telinome
post May 21 2010, 06:16 PM
Post #3

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,259

We'll have to send someone out to catch those nasty gremlins. I bet it was hubby who fed them after midnight, wasn't it bleh.gif .

--------------------

Avatar: Ken Telinome | KI: 00329185 | Blog: Living an Ecumenical Life

+Quote Post
jolly
post May 22 2010, 12:14 AM
Post #4

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,760

After hearing this I would believe in gremlins or something lol, that or each repair person would break something else on the way out so his buddy got some work. Then he comes along and well... U get the picture, the very unfotunate, costly picture. Either way sorry all that happened, almost unbelievable chain of occurances u had there

--------------------
"perhaps the ending has not yet been written....."

+Quote Post
UruBoo
post May 22 2010, 06:56 AM
Post #5

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 61

As they say "... If something can go wrong it most certanly will... in dozen!..."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Amn
post May 23 2010, 10:35 AM
Post #6

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 5,218

Sounds like a bottle of wine and a nice relaxing evening in the Tsogal pavillion watching the rain come and go is in order... or maybe the hot baths in gira.

This post has been edited by Amn: May 23 2010, 10:36 AM

+Quote Post
budgiemom
post May 24 2010, 08:15 PM
Post #7

Uru Guru
Group Icon

angry.gif Well, it happened again, this morning.....I get up at my usual time and let hubby sleep in. The DearDaughter gets up early so I ask her to turn on the fish lights. Aside from the "fishroom", the livingroom has an aquarium too. The next thing I know, billows of smoke are coming from the light fixture on the tank in the livingroom. Fortunately, the DD turns off, unplugs, and takes the light outside the house. The smoke alarm did not go off and air freshener helped out, but really.... headbang.gif ...... cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jolly
post May 25 2010, 09:19 AM
Post #8

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,760

Things are not liking you this month huh

--------------------
"perhaps the ending has not yet been written....."

+Quote Post
budgiemom
post May 27 2010, 10:11 AM
Post #9

Uru Guru
Group Icon

ranting.gif It's still going on!!! Just got a phonecall from the hubby. The June AG survey is in full swing and he has been putting in 12-13 hour days and lots of driving. He just had a blowout on one tire with another about to go. Considering the condition of the other tires...it's four new tires and it's not even noon yet! When is this gonna stop!!! cry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Le'ah
post May 27 2010, 07:47 PM
Post #10

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,106

Hang in there....the month's almost over!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2019 - 09:14 AM