+Quote Post
dadguy
post May 29 2012, 11:02 PM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 28

Help us out billce; what game exactly are you playing?

- Is it the offline Myst Complete Chronicles?

- Is it the free Myst Online URU Live game (MOUL) that was downloaded on the internet?

I suspect it's the offline game, as I can't remember having access to the fireplace in the online game.

I can't remeber for sure, but I don't believe K'veer is part of the offline game.

I'll check for your response.

Cheers,

Dadguy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
J'iim
post May 30 2012, 06:59 AM
Post #3

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,706

Since you must get to K'veer first in the online game to get to Myst, billce must be talking about the offline game. You get access to K'veer via the fireplace puzzle in the offline game.

After accessing Myst in the offline game, you have to enter the combined fireplace pattern clues collected from the pieces scattered about in the PoTS content. I can't think of any reason the fireplace panel should not activate if you managed to get to Myst other than a bug of some sort. I'm trying to remember if Quicktime is used in PoTS/CC as the version of QT you have can cause problems.

+Quote Post
billce
post May 30 2012, 07:21 AM
Post #4

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 72,956

QUOTE (dadguy @ May 29 2012, 09:02 PM) *
Help us out billce; what game exactly are you playing?

- Is it the offline Myst Complete Chronicles?

- Is it the free Myst Online URU Live game (MOUL) that was downloaded on the internet?

I suspect it's the offline game, as I can't remember having access to the fireplace in the online game.

I can't remeber for sure, but I don't believe K'veer is part of the offline game.

I'll check for your response.

Cheers,

Dadguy

hi dadguy,
thank you for responding. i never expected such a quick answer.
i'm playing Complete Chronicles that i bought from Amazon, in jewel case and all.
When I played it a few years ago, i remember stopping play before finishing it. Until now
I haven't played it and I think it was because of that fireplace.
Maybe you're right and K'veer isn't part of the offline game, but it seems a strange place to end
the game, incomplete somehow.
It is the offline version I'm playing.
BTW, this forum seems full of helpful nice people.
thanks for any help. uru is a beautiful game.
billce

+Quote Post
J'iim
post May 30 2012, 07:51 AM
Post #5

Uru Guru
Group Icon

No, K'veer is definitely part of the offline game. It is only the round chamber where Atrus was seen in Myst but there is a Relto page and some clothing to collect there. Other than that, there is not much reason to even go there. The other part of K'veer was not seen until Myst V. Both areas of K'veer are accessible in the online game.

I've been looking through the forums and really can't find any reference that Quicktime is used in Uru:CC. That will teach me to delete the game off my system... There was a patch for those people who only had Uru:ABM but I'm not sure it is necessary for Uru:CC.

Nope: pulled out the CD and QT is not part of the install. I guess they used bink for animations.

Oops! There is a good reason to go to K'veer... the final Yeesha speech starts there... the big finale you were hoping for. Collecting the goodies happens afterward. Once you are done with K'veer, there are a few more articles of clothing and Relto pages you can collect here and there and an Easter Egg or two you can do.

This post has been edited by J'iim: May 30 2012, 08:30 AM

+Quote Post
billce
post May 30 2012, 09:07 AM
Post #6

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

QUOTE (J'iim @ May 30 2012, 05:51 AM) *
No, K'veer is definitely part of the offline game. It is only the round chamber where Atrus was seen in Myst but there is a Relto page and some clothing to collect there. Other than that, there is not much reason to even go there. The other part of K'veer was not seen until Myst V. Both areas of K'veer are accessible in the online game.

I've been looking through the forums and really can't find any reference that Quicktime is used in Uru:CC. That will teach me to delete the game off my system... There was a patch for those people who only had Uru:ABM but I'm not sure it is necessary for Uru:CC.

Nope: pulled out the CD and QT is not part of the install. I guess they used bink for animations.

Oops! There is a good reason to go to K'veer... the final Yeesha speech starts there... the big finale you were hoping for. Collecting the goodies happens afterward. Once you are done with K'veer, there are a few more articles of clothing and Relto pages you can collect here and there and an Easter Egg or two you can do.

Hi J'iim,
I knew there was more to it! Then I looked around and found that there was Yeesha's speech and some more goodies. If the fireplace was even
visible, it could be raised in relief and the correct squares could be pressed.
Maybe it's my particular copy of Myst Uru CC that's the problem. Well I'm not buying another.
Thanks to you J'iim and to you Dadguy for your kind responses.
billce

+Quote Post
J'iim
post May 30 2012, 09:17 AM
Post #7

Uru Guru
Group Icon

I doubt it's your Uru:CC media. You haven't told us what operating system you are running on. There are issues with Vista and to a lesser extent Win7. It also matters where you installed the game... Program Files is never a good choice (even though it's the default).

Before giving up entirely, I would copy off the sav directory (I think that's where your current progress in the game is... wish I hadn't deleted my copy of the game), uninstall Uru:CC, reinstall it in a different directory (like ProgramData or anywhere else), and copy your sav directory back to the new install. Hopefully, you can then go back to Myst and try clicking that red button to activate the fireplace panel.

I always install the NO CD patch available from ubisoft here. If you are still required to insert the CD, try installing this patch first before trying a reinstallation. The game actually does not need the CD... all the files are on your hard drive. This was an early form of copy protection that merely required you to actually have the CD.

This post has been edited by J'iim: May 30 2012, 09:44 AM

+Quote Post
billce
post May 30 2012, 04:02 PM
Post #8

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

QUOTE (J'iim @ May 30 2012, 07:17 AM) *
I doubt it's your Uru:CC media. You haven't told us what operating system you are running on. There are issues with Vista and to a lesser extent Win7. It also matters where you installed the game... Program Files is never a good choice (even though it's the default).

Before giving up entirely, I would copy off the sav directory (I think that's where your current progress in the game is... wish I hadn't deleted my copy of the game), uninstall Uru:CC, reinstall it in a different directory (like ProgramData or anywhere else), and copy your sav directory back to the new install. Hopefully, you can then go back to Myst and try clicking that red button to activate the fireplace panel.

I always install the NO CD patch available from ubisoft here. If you are still required to insert the CD, try installing this patch first before trying a reinstallation. The game actually does not need the CD... all the files are on your hard drive. This was an early form of copy protection that merely required you to actually have the CD.

hello again J'iim,
Yes! There are issues with Vista. The game installed and ran great installed in the default directory (Vista updates maybe?). However, I went through a loooooong process trying to find out how to install and use Drizzle and Ki. When I finally found the solution on the Drizzle website, among the instructions was one that said to install the game somewhere other than default directory just as you did.So I installed it in Users/SavedGames and everything was peachy until Myst library fireplace.
I've seen reference to that NOCD patch and always assumed it was for people without an official CD. Should the NOCD patch be installed now without uninstall/reinstall Uru CC and, if so, should the sav folder be copied somewhere before installing the NOCD? In other words, should the NOCD patch be installed when the game is already installed or should the patch be installed after uninstalling and before a clean reinstall?
Thanks,
billce

+Quote Post
J'iim
post May 30 2012, 04:29 PM
Post #9

Uru Guru
Group Icon

The NOCD patch I pointed you at is the OFFICIAL patch that comes from Ubisoft. There were many other hacked versions before this was released but this one you can use with no worries.

It's been a while since I played with Drizzle and the offline KI. I'm not sure I ever took the game all the way to the end with those. It may well be true that the ending that is in the generic CC install is not available after installing the UAM and adding fan Ages. I've had as many as six different versions of Uru running at the same time, both on and offline. It's hard to remember which problem goes with which version. I would think that the K'veer files would be modified it you are running the patched version. One of the options was to upgrade to MOUL Ages IIRC. In the online MOULa, the fireplace is inoperative just as you described.

For a generic, unmodified install of PoTS/CC, all you have to do is extract the four files from the UruCC_n.zip package and replace the files in your CC install directory (uruexplorer.exe, urusetup.exe, sp.dll, and SoundDecompress.exe). You can install the patch anytime after installing the game (even if you have been playing a while). No need to do anything else to apply the patch as it is a simple drop in replacement. It is recommended that you rerun the SoundDecompress again after installing the patch... :shrug:

The only reason to move the sav folder is if you are going to uninstall your current game completely and reinstall an entirely new set of files. If your sav is from a modified version of the game, it might not work with the unmodified install from the CD. It probably would not hurt to try... you can always move the files out again.

This post has been edited by J'iim: May 30 2012, 04:34 PM

+Quote Post
UruBoo
post May 31 2012, 05:56 AM
Post #10

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 61

Hi, let me put my 2 cents in this thread...

It seams to me that, since billce is using Drizzle and UAM, that could be his problems. I suggest copy the sav folder anywhere, uninstall/reinstall URU:CC then restore the sav folder to its original place, as J'iim said. After the ending (and the ending happens in K'veer with the speech from Yesha), reinstall the mods and play along.

--------------------

+Quote Post
J'iim
post May 31 2012, 08:27 AM
Post #11

Uru Guru
Group Icon

There is also no reason not to install a new fresh install of CC in another directory. That way billce will have both the unmodified game and the modified game to play with.

+Quote Post
billce
post May 31 2012, 12:54 PM
Post #12

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

QUOTE (UruBoo @ May 31 2012, 03:56 AM) *
Hi, let me put my 2 cents in this thread...

It seams to me that, since billce is using Drizzle and UAM, that could be his problems. I suggest copy the sav folder anywhere, uninstall/reinstall URU:CC then restore the sav folder to its original place, as J'iim said. After the ending (and the ending happens in K'veer with the speech from Yesha), reinstall the mods and play along.

Hi UruBoo,
I did what you said and I finally saw the puzzle panel. I want to apologize to all of you: DadGuy, J'iim and UruBoo for wasting your time. All this time I was looking at the back wall of the fireplace not the back of the fireplace door. How embarrassing. So all your solutions were valid but if I had looked in the right place I wouldn't have needed to bother you. Much thanks to all of you for your quick and kind replies.
down.gif
regards,
billce

+Quote Post
J'iim
post May 31 2012, 01:11 PM
Post #13

Uru Guru
Group Icon

We've all done it before... don't feel alone.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2019 - 01:51 AM