> Gahreesen Power Room, is there still a bug
Fudsy
post Dec 29 2006, 08:58 PM
Post #1

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 4,721

down.gif I've been trying to jump into the Power room at the revolving wall. I keep falling through the floor and get "lost in space" has anyone else been able to finish this age??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
L'lee
post Dec 29 2006, 09:11 PM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 1,084

I have completed it... however, when you say "lost in space" do you mean you fall through the age, or you get stuck in a crevice?

I can't help you with the former, but the latter, maybe so...

--------------------
When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my response is,
"I am thankful that I have a cup!"

+Quote Post
Fudsy
post Dec 29 2006, 11:28 PM
Post #3

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

QUOTE (L @ Dec 29 2006, 06:11 PM) *
I have completed it... however, when you say "lost in space" do you mean you fall through the age, or you get stuck in a crevice?

I can't help you with the former, but the latter, maybe so...

I just fall through the floor then my Avitar just goes away and I have to manually link back to my relto

+Quote Post
kurtg1265
post Dec 29 2006, 11:55 PM
Post #4

Cactus King
Group Icon

Group: Veteran Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 93

I did not have any problem here either. I assume you are talking about jumping back out of the crack into the room you turn the power on. If it helps, I stand by the edge of the opening and do a run jump as the room comes around. I also change to 3rd person before getting into the crack and back to 1st after I get into the power room.

--------------------

+Quote Post
L'lee
post Dec 30 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #5

Uru Guru
Group Icon

First of all, you should report that as a bug. That is definitely not supposed to happen, Fudsy...

Secondly, you can at least complete the age by sharing someone's age who has already powered up their Gahreesen. As long as you have the book on your own relto shelf, it will register your progress in the age as your own. One idea might be to share their age and go directly to the inside of the power room, press that journey cloth, then go to your own age using the cloth bookmark and power up your own age so you don't have to make that particular jump...

Also, try creating a new avatar to see if it has the same problems?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ja'de
post Dec 30 2006, 02:18 PM
Post #6

Guild Master
Group Icon

Group: Admin (Admin)
Member No.: 19

It may just be a camera clipping issue which is a bug and should be reported. Have you tried pressing F1 to toggle between views?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cierdwyn
post Dec 30 2006, 03:41 PM
Post #7

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,994

Hi Fudsy .. you are NOT alone in that problem. smile.gif

My Gahreesen is terminally hobbled too. cry.gif

I've played through my ages many .. many .. dozens of times .. offline .. and in UU .. and NEVER have I NOT been able to jump into the gear/power room.

EXCEPT for now.

I get from the crack in the hall into the first hole that swings by .. but then .. I just cannot make it successfully into the gear room. Occasionally .. when I actually DO make it through the crack I just disappear through the gear like it's not even there .. and wind up in the slot off of the hallway again .. confused1.gif

Other times .. I jump and land on a ledge that seems to revolve with the crack .. and as soon as it slides to the wall .. I'm in the hallway slot again .. OR .. I jump and jump .. directly in the centre of the hole .. and it's like there is an invisible wall there .. and NO WAY can I make it past into the room that I can so clearly SEE. And finally .. from time to time after being spit back to the slot off of the hallway .. my avvie makes a walking turn .. ON HER OWN .. and disappears into the revolving wall .. forcing me to link out to Relto. blink.gif

Changing camera views does nothing .. btw .. she's just "gone" .. and I'm lookin' down from the hallway. I've also killed my age book 4 or 5 times .. nothing changes. I've tried deleting all of my Gahreesen/Garrison files .. and even uninstalled my PhysX .. forcing new installs .. but it didn't fix the problem either. Among other things .. it seems as if the camera swing that should show you entering the gear room just doesn't kick in showing that you've made it .. but .. who knows.

I finally had the help of EHu, who has a perfectly fine Gahreesen .. was able to go into my Gahreesen and get the power on .. and I rode to the top of the building .. walked out on the rotating platform .. made my jump to the centre rock with the Journey Cloth on it .. and promptly fell through as it wasn't solid. I tried 5 or six times .. and each time it was the SAME result. It's just NOT solid for me. confused1.gif Either that or I've had WAY too much goodies this Christmas season .. lmao.gif

Walt and Ural .. bless them .. let me use their stable Gahreesens and I was able to finish my ages .. yet .. I now have the Relto fissure bug .. headbang.gif

I did put in a support ticket .. and the reply I got was that they knew of these issues and they were in their bug database .. and they were working to fix them.

So for now .. I guess I just wait .. and REALLY hope they get it fixed !!!!! Because I want to finish my ages. The whole thing'd be funny if it weren't so frustrating.

Good luck Fudsy

Cier smile.gif

clapping.gif Oh yeah .. Hi everyone .. I guess I haven't mentioned this . but .. MC and I are IN through GameTap now .. a second company started up here .. much more reasonable costs .. so we took the plunge and a chance .. on satellite .. and it works great !!!!! Woohoooooo .... !!! thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by Cierdwyn: Dec 30 2006, 03:57 PM

--------------------
Measuring my life, not by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of moments that take my breath away .....

Cierdwyn's Corner

+Quote Post
D'anak
post Dec 30 2006, 09:26 PM
Post #8

Honorary Grand Pooh Bear
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 254

Hang in there and keep trying...
I had very similar bugs and just kept trying different combinations during the jumps.... and I finally got lucky...
(did "/dumplogs/*" before each try) ...and yes... Ticket is on the way... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fudsy
post Dec 31 2006, 12:13 AM
Post #9

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

worship.gif
Thanks everyone for your input. Cierdwyn what you said it your post is IT! I was just too tired and verymad.gif and headbang.gif to put it into words. Thanks for your input. I think the best thing to do is find someone to let me use their age to finish. I've done this age offline before with my game and no such problems. Thank You again thumbsup.gif and Happy New year!

Fudsy

+Quote Post
D'anak
post Dec 31 2006, 02:30 AM
Post #10

Honorary Grand Pooh Bear
Group Icon

Member No.: 254

Hi Fudsy,
I'm still in...... PM me if you are..

+Quote Post
CAGrayWolf
post Dec 31 2006, 01:59 PM
Post #11

The Wolfmeister
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 35

QUOTE (L @ Dec 30 2006, 11:06 AM) *

Could we please stop recommending this option. It has been know for quite something that deleting and creating a new avvie actually causes problems with the vault. The only reason one should delete an avvie is if it is just so totally corrupt that nothing can be done and even so, deleting an avvie is not recommended.

Unless, this has changed and I've not been aware of this. rolleyes.gif

[edit] Gahreesen is known to have several bugs right now with the graphics and solid surfaces being aligned with each other. The other known area is jumping to the bridge from the pinnacle and not having a solid surface to land on.

This post has been edited by CAGrayWolf: Dec 31 2006, 02:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
julia
post Jan 1 2007, 06:35 PM
Post #12

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,582

To corroborate what CAGrayWolf has said: Tech support told me on reply to my ticket regarding the wicked wheel, do not delete your book, do not create a new avatar, this is a known problem. Uru kindness got me through, and, as embarrassing as this may be if you're used to solving your own problems, that's what we're here for, just pass the kindness on to someone else when the time arrives. smile.gif

+Quote Post
L'lee
post Jan 1 2007, 08:41 PM
Post #13

Uru Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (CAGrayWolf @ Dec 31 2006, 12:59 PM) *
QUOTE (L @ Dec 30 2006, 11:06 AM) *

Could we please stop recommending this option. It has been know for quite something that deleting and creating a new avvie actually causes problems with the vault. The only reason one should delete an avvie is if it is just so totally corrupt that nothing can be done and even so, deleting an avvie is not recommended.

Unless, this has changed and I've not been aware of this. rolleyes.gif

[edit] Gahreesen is known to have several bugs right now with the graphics and solid surfaces being aligned with each other. The other known area is jumping to the bridge from the pinnacle and not having a solid surface to land on.

Just for the record, I was not suggesting that Fudsy delete the original avatar (you won't even find the word "delete" in my original post), but create a separate one (to my knowledge we are all allowed five on a single GameTap or Cyan Direct Uru Live account) just to see if that one (the separate avatar) had the same issues... rolleyes.gif

However, the fact that deleting an avatar and re-creating it causes problems in the vault is IMO an issue that needs to be fixed... post haste...

Case in point: Someone completes the journey with avatar A, and avatars B-E are used by member's family on the family GameTap account. Said person wants to replay the journey again from the beginning, so they delete original avatar A and re-create them... That *should* be a valid course...

This post has been edited by L'lee: Jan 1 2007, 08:59 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
ellen6
post Jan 2 2007, 03:23 PM
Post #14

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 82

I had this problem also. I reported it as a bug.

The first time I jumped in, it spit me back out in the hall. The next time I jumped in, I was in nothing and reltoed out. repeated many times with the relto result. Finally after much repeating, I was finally able to do it the normal way.

+Quote Post
julia
post Jan 2 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #15

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,582

Alas, there is still a problem, with the infernal power room..../me grinds teeth expressively. I turned off my power, proving that there is no limit to my stupidity, in order to see if the problem still existed. Some time later... I had to go and get someone else's help to turn it on again. Still I guess that's what I am supposed to be doing, testing.............smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th September 2019 - 04:03 PM