> Amazing Minkata Walkthrough!
Deem
post Jun 24 2007, 02:11 PM
Post #1

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,822

Congratulations to Lial, J'iim, Ayli, and everyone else involved in putting together that most amazing Minkata walkthrough! I read it through last night and everything became clear! Plus, the photos were gorgeous. AND that video that shows exactly how to solve the compass book. My hat goes off to all of you, talented people that you are, for taking (what must have been a lot of) time to create this exceptional walkthrough. clapping.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
budgiemom
post Jun 24 2007, 05:55 PM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 1,404

clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif Awesome, just awesome!!! you guys are the best!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
William H. Maier
post Jun 25 2007, 06:32 AM
Post #3

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,168

Great walk through. very professional clapping.gif

--------------------
John 14:6 KJV
"The purpose of life's ride is not to arrive at the grave with a perfectly preserved body.
But to come skidding slightly beat about the head and shoulders in sideways dusty and dirty,yelling,
"Wow! What a ride!"

+Quote Post
budgiemom
post Jun 25 2007, 07:19 AM
Post #4

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,404

clapping.gif What I just love about it, is that while it shows you the process and how to solve the age; it lets you still participate and solve most of it yourself!!! Please, please, please refer people to this walkthru...tell them it is a special walkthru that will let them get started but will not spoil it for them!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lial
post Jun 25 2007, 08:38 AM
Post #5

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,033

QUOTE (budgiemom @ Jun 25 2007, 08:19 AM) *
clapping.gif What I just love about it, is that while it shows you the process and how to solve the age; it lets you still participate and solve most of it yourself!!! Please, please, please refer people to this walkthru...tell them it is a special walkthru that will let them get started but will not spoil it for them!

As I've written text for the walkthroughs I've looked for ways to make them guides rather than walkthroughs in the traditional sense. Minkata lent itself particularly well to that because of the repetition, but I think most will end up being step by step instructions for getting through an age quickly and with minimal individual thought.

I'll gladly accept ideas for making more "guidish" any of the walkthroughs I've written. With some limits we can edit walkthroughs that have been published already.

Taking time between releases to write hint sets for released ages is something all of us can do to provide guides to ages. That's an effort that hasn't gotten off the ground. I don't know if it's time constraints or worry about appearing foolish or making a mistake in submissions. We shouldn't fear making a mistake. This group is pretty supportive and anything that's sent in will be reviewed kindly. I'll volunteer to accept hints in PM and publish sets anonymously, if that will help.

Lial

--------------------
Lial KI #290984

+Quote Post
J'iim
post Jun 25 2007, 08:53 AM
Post #6

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,706

I agree that there is absolutely no reason not to go back and rewrite or generally improve and add new features to our previous efforts. Anyone who has an idea for new and/or improved content should post them. We sometimes get caught up in the mechanics of producing a walkthrough and let a good idea slip by.

+Quote Post
T'andra
post Jun 25 2007, 05:51 PM
Post #7

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,186

Hi People

You speak of an amazing walkthru, but where does one fine it.

It may be nice, to advise people where they can find it first, do you not think.

I have search the forum and cannot find it, would someone be so kind as to enlighten me please

Many thanks

+Quote Post
Lial
post Jun 25 2007, 06:14 PM
Post #8

Uru Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (T @ Jun 25 2007, 06:51 PM) *
Hi People

It may be nice, to advise people where they can find it first, do you not think.

I have search the forum and cannot find it, would someone be so kind as to enlighten me please

Many thanks

T'andra,

Look at the GoG top web page by clicking on Website above. At the moment the Minkata walkthrough is at the top of the list under What's New. Later you'll find it by clicking on walkthroughs in the menu on the left. There are some other things that may interest you under Library and FAQs.

Lial

--------------------
Lial KI #290984

+Quote Post
Ayli
post Jun 25 2007, 06:17 PM
Post #9

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 7

Thanks everyone for enjoying our work. I hope it will benefit the community in large smile.gif

QUOTE (T @ Jun 25 2007, 06:51 PM) *
Hi People

Many thanks

Hi T'andra, one just point it's mouse click to our website, where all GoG Walkthroughs and some other great stuff reside smile.gif Here is a link to Minkata's walkthrough smile.gif Enjoy.

Edit. laugh.gif Me and Lial were posting at the same time laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Ayli: Jun 25 2007, 06:18 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
T'andra
post Jun 25 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #10

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,186

Thank Everyone

Boy oh Boy am I Goofy, I am so busy looking at the right hand side buttons, I didn't notice the left hand side.

You want to see my red face, oh cute this.

Thank you very much

+Quote Post
Nighthawk
post Jun 30 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #11

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 577

Just saw the Minkata Walkthough. It is just absolutely first rate!

Great copy, Lial, and the design and pictures, Ayli and J'iim, are perfect illustrations, rich in content told by the accompanying text. And much thanks to boblishman for the use of his delightful and incredibly clear flash movie showing how not only to decode the journal, but to put that information to use. A great primer for budding surveyors.

But I must say, the maps are just stunning! I particularly loved the inclusion of those essential "on the ground" objects that I found myself squinting in the distance to locate in order to line up a leg of the route. And they are gorgeous illustrations in and of themselves, including the highlighted part of the Bahro glyph obtained from each respective kiva! Just not a detail left out, and each detail of information included in such a clear and visually delightful way to boot!

Wonderful work. And thanks to you all for such a great job.

biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Nighthawk: Jun 30 2007, 10:38 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lial
post Jul 1 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #12

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Nighthawk,

On behalf of the web team, thank you for the compliment. There are other excellent resources at the site, too - the news reports (Jarelav's a great reporter), the FAQs and the material in the Library, and I think our calendar is the most complete one available for Uru events.

Lial

--------------------
Lial KI #290984

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th September 2019 - 04:09 PM