CAGrayWolf
post Jan 3 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #16

The Wolfmeister
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 35

QUOTE (L @ Jan 1 2007, 05:41 PM) *
Just for the record, I was not suggesting that Fudsy delete the original avatar (you won't even find the word "delete" in my original post), but create a separate one (to my knowledge we are all allowed five on a single GameTap or Cyan Direct Uru Live account) just to see if that one (the separate avatar) had the same issues... rolleyes.gif

However, the fact that deleting an avatar and re-creating it causes problems in the vault is IMO an issue that needs to be fixed... post haste...

Case in point: Someone completes the journey with avatar A, and avatars B-E are used by member's family on the family GameTap account. Said person wants to replay the journey again from the beginning, so they delete original avatar A and re-create them... That *should* be a valid course...

Sorry L'lee ... didn't mean this sound like an attack toward you or anyone else. Just stating a fact here. Even when suggesting creating a new avatar, has the hints of deleting your current or previous avatar. I will not argue the rest of your point, and I do happen to agree with you on this ... but for right now, until Cyan can get this fixed (if even possible) they have asked that we do not delete our avatars. Guess there was one advantage to vault wipes. lmao.gif whistling.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
memiki
post Jan 3 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #17

Honorary Greeter
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 48

I had that bug once falling through floor after leaping out of the crack in spinning wall. But the next time it was fine. then the other day trying went to elevator and instead of going in it I relto out. then I finallly got up the elevator and did the spider crawl out of it and boom back to my relto.

smile.gif but at last I have completed the age

--------------------
Beta Forum Name: Granny63 now Granny70
In my heart, I will always be a Greeter, once a greeter always a greeter

+Quote Post
ellen6
post Jan 4 2007, 02:03 AM
Post #18

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 82

I haven't completed it yet. I keep falling through the floor of the spinning bridge.

+Quote Post
L'lee
post Jan 4 2007, 12:35 PM
Post #19

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 1,084

QUOTE (CAGrayWolf @ Jan 3 2007, 09:21 PM) *
Sorry L'lee ... didn't mean this sound like an attack toward you or anyone else. Just stating a fact here. Even when suggesting creating a new avatar, has the hints of deleting your current or previous avatar. I will not argue the rest of your point, and I do happen to agree with you on this ... but for right now, until Cyan can get this fixed (if even possible) they have asked that we do not delete our avatars. Guess there was one advantage to vault wipes. lmao.gif whistling.gif

No worries, Wolfie... I just knew that the deleting characters problem existed, so I was very careful to not include "delete" in my post...

Vault wipes? Bring 'em on! thumbsup.gif I love a sparkly, clean vault!

--------------------
When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my response is,
"I am thankful that I have a cup!"

+Quote Post
Nyrphame Danilai...
post Jan 4 2007, 03:11 PM
Post #20

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,075

QUOTE (ellen6 @ Jan 4 2007, 03:03 AM) *
I haven't completed it yet. I keep falling through the floor of the spinning bridge.

ellen, could you please make sure to report this as a bug, if you haven't already? And if you are totally prevented from finishing the age, that is a perfect time to contact one of the ingame ResEngs using the Contact Support button in the ingame options menu. I got STUCK to my spinning bridges and couldn't move and MDogherra magically arrived beside me to rescue me.

He is now my hero!

worship.gif worship.gif worship.gif

It is amazing to me that they are really there and that they really do come and help!

nerfy

--------------------
Hey, who stole the other half of my brain?

+Quote Post
d'rbeh
post Jan 4 2007, 03:20 PM
Post #21

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,050

so you were essentially impaled on the end of the bridge, slowly spinning in the age?

heh heh... the image is kinda funny, but i bet it wasn't when it was happening to you... i'll have to remember that name of the rescuer too smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nighthawk
post Jan 6 2007, 08:26 PM
Post #22

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 577

Nyrph, another good report, like Ayli's, of a ResEng to the rescue.

It really is great to hear that the in-game Support button is working the way it should.

I am just knocked out by how much progress is being made each week in elimination of bugs and addition of support. Lots yet to do, but it really is great to hear of things like this being added to help make the gameplay exerience good when launch arrives.

I think they have also come a long way in fixing the Garri power room entry clipping bug. It really was a show stopper for a while.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fudsy
post Jan 10 2007, 11:16 PM
Post #23

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,721

headbang.gif Just tried the power room again. NO LUCK still falling through the floor ranting.gif But that is ok our new computer will be here next week then.... thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

+Quote Post
Ken Telinome
post Jan 10 2007, 11:33 PM
Post #24

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,259

It takes me quite a few attempts, but eventually, I do get through. Keep plugging, and who knows? Maybe you'll get lucky that one time wink3.gif.

--------------------

Avatar: Ken Telinome | KI: 00329185 | Blog: Living an Ecumenical Life

+Quote Post
julia
post Jan 13 2007, 11:50 PM
Post #25

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,582

Alas, it's still there. I feel obliged to turn the power off from time to time (horror) to check if the problem has resolved. This aspect of the game worked perfectly well in UL on my designated computer, which hasn't changed, so I don't really see why I should be buying a new one or that the fault lies with me. (One of the techs suggested I ought to upgrade!!!) . It's not a lower-end spec computer and friends with a higher power processor have the same problem any way. Fortunately I still have a list of friends...lol...and they're pretty good-humoured about turning my power on yet again. I do agree with Nighthawk that a massive amount is being done by tech staff though. I was testing instancing the other night and giving Nexus, stones and books a fair bashing, and remembered that it was not so long ago that linking of any sort was an occasion for CTD, and wailing and gnashing of teeth... clapping.gif

+Quote Post
William H. Maier
post Jan 15 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #26

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,168

Have not had any problem getting to the power room with 5 different avies shock.gif

--------------------
John 14:6 KJV
"The purpose of life's ride is not to arrive at the grave with a perfectly preserved body.
But to come skidding slightly beat about the head and shoulders in sideways dusty and dirty,yelling,
"Wow! What a ride!"

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post Jan 15 2007, 03:21 PM
Post #27

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 2,857

QUOTE (ellen6 @ Jan 4 2007, 07:03 AM) *

I had this problem too and found it to be a timing issue with my connection. The Lag had me jumping at the wrong time AAAAAAAaaaaaa (panic link).

This post has been edited by Rex Havoc: Jan 15 2007, 03:21 PM

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post
zam
post Jan 16 2007, 07:07 AM
Post #28

Uru Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,947

I have no problem there but my hubby keeps having problems: we have the same broadband but his computer is slower than mine ... could it be because of that? I don't know but he will soon have a better comp than mine so we may see if he gets less problem then biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fudsy
post Jan 16 2007, 01:21 PM
Post #29

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,721

First of all let me say the new computer arrived yesterday clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif

It was not purchased so I could play Uru Live. So the huubby could play his games. lmao.gif

I've used the computer I have now for Until Uru with no issues.

I think though that Rex Havoc may have hit the nail on the head bash.gif stupid stupid lag time.

Not only lag in the game, but add that to the lag we have with our Satellite internet. (we don't have DSL as an option. only phone line yucky.gif or satellite)
But I will continue on until I finish. bye2.gif bye2.gif

I have a whole year of game tap paid for and waiting for me!! laugh.gif

Thanks for all your help hope to see you in the Cavern

+Quote Post
Cierdwyn
post Jan 17 2007, 03:03 AM
Post #30

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,994

Hi again Fudsy bye2.gif

Congratulations on the new compy !! smile.gif

You know .. it's the weirdest thing .. confused1.gif

I do have my power on in Gahreesen .. thanks to my friend Ashtar .. but I have consistantly had "issues" with that centre rock with the JC on it .. NOT being solid. EVERY time I've jumped to it down I'd go through it .. panic linking out. Did I mention .. EVERY time ?! angry.gif

Tonight .. I made it !! shock.gif

I initially landed ankle deep in the thing (a little hop fixed that) .. but STILL .. I MADE IT !! thumbsup.gif

I ALSO made it through my relto fissure into the desert and FINISHED MY GAME !! .. shock.gif shock.gif

It was actually very odd though .. I tossed my avvie into the fissure as per usual (I've had the fissure for nearly a month now and I try this every time I arrive at my relto) .. then linked to her hut .. as per usual .. but then .. my screen faded to total black .. and a couple of minutes later she was in the desert !!! shock.gif

Thing is .. on top of the snow and freezing rain we've had all night making the signal blink in and out .. I had MC on the other compy sharing our satellite signal playing on Pogo .. I was voice chatting on Yahoo with a friend who does not play Uru .. and I had a *cough* bitorrent dribbling in in the background .. and NO WAY did I seriously think I'd make that rock to find it solid .. much less make it to the desert !! blink.gif

I have NO idea how it happened .. but makes me wonder if I might have been able to get my power room going as well .. though I sure wasn't going to shut it down to experiment .. lmao.gif

I had made a bug ticket / inquiry about it earlier this evening .. but when I went to check they had just acknowledged that it was still an issue they were trying to figure out .. and thanked me for my patience. So I don't know if they actually did anything about the fissure issue or not .. but it doesn't appear so by the answer .. and that sure wouldn't explain my making it to the rock in Gahreesen .. confused1.gif

Regardless .. I sure am happy about it !! yay.gif

Cier .. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Cierdwyn: Jan 17 2007, 03:33 AM

--------------------
Measuring my life, not by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of moments that take my breath away .....

Cierdwyn's Corner

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2019 - 04:05 PM