> Relto Spoiler Bug, A fun little gift!
knitcucumber
post Jan 24 2004, 04:42 AM
Post #1

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 54

Tonight I attempted to create a new avatar on the Atrus shard. Got her all set up and linked into Relto. I had imported from my regular game and the first thing I noticed is that I had an imager and a full grown tree. Didn't have those yet. Then I noticed that the graphics out around my islands were in horribly icky shape. So I headed into my hut to escape the nuttiness.

Whee! Books! A full bookcase of them. Unfortunately, my regular books were not there so I could not go anywhere. I remember reading of this bug awhile back and someone commented on the fact that no one that got this bug tried to use the books. I tried. I really did. All that happened was that the hotspot went away until I clicked on the bottom edge of the bookcase. I'm guessing that nothing happened because there weren't any files on the server that they were associated with.

This part is a bit spoilery so I'll spoiler tag it:

Click here to view a spoiler.

After I was done taking tons of photos and fiddling about to my heart's content, the only escape I had was into my closet. When I crawled back out the magic stuff was gone and my regular books where back... sorta. No Cleft, no Nexus, and all of my books were black inside. So much for importing game. smile.gif It was worth it though. I'm thinking I'll just delete KnitZucchini and start anew. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by knitcucumber: Jan 24 2004, 04:43 AM

--------------------
What a boring signature line I have here.
"Have Zandoni will travel" reads the card of a Cucumber.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
memiki
post Jan 24 2004, 09:48 AM
Post #2

Honorary Greeter
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 48

Wow that must of been really neat to see. Is that a bit like seeing the future?
All I ever do in my Relto is fall from the sky on my face. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Beta Forum Name: Granny63 now Granny70
In my heart, I will always be a Greeter, once a greeter always a greeter

+Quote Post
ellen6
post Jan 24 2004, 01:17 PM
Post #3

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 82

I can just here Rod Sterling's voice in the background. "She has just entered......The Twilight Zone!"

shock.gif shock.gif shock.gif

roll.gif roll.gif roll.gif

+Quote Post
Corona
post Jan 24 2004, 02:05 PM
Post #4

Blabberfingers
Group Icon

Member No.: 60

Sounds neat, Knit! biggrin.gif But at the cost of deleting your character? shock.gif

I went to the city in Achenar earlier & collected 9 markers. None of the Nexus's work. When I register with them, the line pops up in chat saying a new link has been added, but there's no "put hand in machine" animation. I click on the books & sometimes a book will pop open, I click, nothing happens. Most of the time the book doesn't pop up. When I try again, no hot spot on the book on the stand. That's for the Ferry, Tokotah, and Palace Alcove terminals. So, I quit the game & started back up. My 9 markers are now 2 markers. No way. No way am I gonna do that marker thing over & over & over......*starts having convulsions*

+Quote Post
Ayli
post Jan 24 2004, 02:32 PM
Post #5

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 7

knitcucumber,

I have experienced the same bug in beta, sometime in June of last year. shock.gif

shock.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jdrake06
post Jan 24 2004, 07:24 PM
Post #6

Uru Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 75

shock.gif I made a new player on the Atrus Shard and Bonz, when he saw what happened to me, also made a new player and the same thing happened to him.

First, there is an Imager where you link in.
Second, the Tree is HUGE. kicking.gif
Third, The Relto Library is almost full of books (they do not work down.gif )
Fourth, inside the Relto is a pedistal that when clicked, plays music. cool.gif

Everything else is there too, Islands, Dock, Rug, Etc.

You can't link out so other than eye candy it does you no good. Due to the NDA from the first Beta we should not discuss the past but we can wonder if we will get these items in the future. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
To absent friends.
(Sound of clinking glasses)

+Quote Post
JohnLynch
post Jan 24 2004, 09:09 PM
Post #7

Uru Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 180

Can you open the books and look into linking panels?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Soosi
post Jan 24 2004, 09:53 PM
Post #8

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 115

I decided to try making a second avi for Atrus - thought I'd try being male - how much fun. wink3.gif I wanted to import my off-line avi's progress (which I always do cause I'm lazy). I'd already had the errors in my off-line game and had done the fix (moving the .sum files to another place).

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Anyway, all went well until I arrived on my Relto. I never even saw this stuff back in my Beta days. I deleted and recreated a new avi three times and the same thing happened each time. I'm going to see if it happens on Katran and Achenar, too.

I jumped off my Relto and when I returned everything was back the way it should be except for my books - they were all blank. So, there was no way off Relto. down.gif

Here's some photos:
One sun on one side, dock, islands, imager and tree:

Two suns on the other:

Full shelf minus usual books:

Music player thing:

This post has been edited by CAGrayWolf: Jan 24 2004, 10:53 PM

--------------------
Mayor of The Meeting Place Neighbourhoods

+Quote Post
RR_Caz
post Jan 24 2004, 10:53 PM
Post #9

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 22

Wow! That is unbelievable! I'm not sure I understand. Can you reproduce this?

I'd hold on to those pix Soos. That is some real estate. wink3.gif

biggrin.gif clapping.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
RR_Caz

~ Fiat Lux ~ Fiat UrU Vivo ~

+Quote Post
Soosi
post Jan 24 2004, 11:30 PM
Post #10

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

The new books on the shelf do nothing - don't even have hotspots. If you do get your old books back they have one page with the swirling black nothingness on them - that's all - useless.

I nearly forgot to mention that if you do get your old books back, the Cleft book and Brown book (to balconies, roof, etc.) are missing.

The Relto book only has one page, the linking page, so you can't turn anything on or off - there's no way to turn the rain on.

UPDATE:

I tried making new avies on Katran and Achenar - no problems.

I just tried creating another avi on Atrus and the same weirdness happened. So it is only Atrus that has the problem. I have now tried creating eight new avies on Atrus and they all got the bug. Luckily I still have my Soosi avitar and it works fine so I can still get on Atrus.

This post has been edited by Soosi: Jan 25 2004, 12:16 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
RR_Caz
post Jan 25 2004, 12:25 AM
Post #11

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 22

Ditto, like to report that I can replicate Knit/Soosi's bug.

I can travel to my Ages, Nexus and Ae'gura locations only if I delete my books and travel there via the pillars. When I return to my Relto, they're still not accesible. And when I went to my Nexus, only the GZO was available, where I promptly charged my Ki. Again, no access upon return... ! shock.gif

I must say though, that the little

Also ditto, in that this seems to be a problem only in Atrus. Shyone take note,... related to my missing G-Shirt?

Shard specific bugs, now that's interesting... must make it easier to trace the bug,...hmmmm. tongue.gif

--------------------
RR_Caz

~ Fiat Lux ~ Fiat UrU Vivo ~

+Quote Post
CAGrayWolf
post Jan 25 2004, 12:59 AM
Post #12

The Wolfmeister
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 35

If you go HERE and click on Badlands you will hear the music from this device if full stereo ... it was also the same music used for the realMYST trailer and few years back. innocent.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soosi
post Jan 25 2004, 02:30 AM
Post #13

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

I was able to send invites and photos to my other avitar (had to log off and on to do that) and received ones back. My KI was fully functional.

I deleted all the books on my shelf except my hood book. Used the pillar to go to Gahreesen. Stuck my hand in the KI machine and tried touching the first journey cloth - the whole hand lit up. Used the Nexus* link to go to my assigned hood. Touched the island page but it would not glow nor would it show up in my Relto book.

Went back to my Relto and went to Teledahn and used the journey door - went to the Bahro cave. Returned to Relto and deleted my hood book.

Went to Kadish and used the Nexus link to go to a populated hood. Asked to join the hood and went to the person's Relto with no problems and used the hood book. Back to the hood and I showed up as a member on my KI, everyone else's KI and when I got to my Nexus it showed up there.

Returned to my Relto and it was back to all the original weirdness. I'm done - no more. yawn.gif

* Whenever I went to my Nexus the only links listed were the G0 Observation and all the Public hoods - the rest were blank. The books that appeared on my shelf after I used a pillar were still blank and unusable.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tweek
post Jan 25 2004, 04:26 AM
Post #14

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 66

Ahh I know that 'ashtray' device

Tweek

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Corona
post Jan 25 2004, 09:41 AM
Post #15

Blabberfingers
Group Icon

Member No.: 60

roll.gif These laundry remarks got me laughing.
Speaking of bugs, I went to Relto in Atrus shard & saw many books in the bookshelf (non-working of course), a huge tree, a musical ashtray, & 2 moons! shock.gif (Remember the inside pic in Yes's Relayer album cover?)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th December 2019 - 09:55 PM