post Jun 2 2008, 06:12 PM
Post #1

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,822

I sure could use some advice on jumping the fence:

Click here to view/hide a spoiler.
I've searched several of the forums and Googled everything I could find about doing this Easter Egg to finally drive the Zamboni. I completed almost all the steps. I'm on the last part, trying to jump the fence. Since I saw the Cyan crew through the telescope, I know I'm on the right track. I have climbed the wreckage to the left of the Riven remnant, attempting to jump over the fence more than fifty times. My fingers hurt... None of the walkthroughs I have give specifics about from where on the wreckage to jump--or towards what part of the fence. There is an interesting gray post that catches my eye, but jumping towards it does nothing...

There's a sweet spot, but I can't find it. If anyone could give specifics, I'd be very much obliged! Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lord Chaos
post Jun 2 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,876

I did that a long time ago, and it took a few attempts. I don't remember the specifics. I think I climbed to the part of the wreckage closest to the fence, poinnted straight at it, and did a running jump. Note that you'll need to hit the run control just before you hit the space bar to jump, so you'll go maximum distance. I think the wreckage used is to the left of the telescope. You can climb the slope and balance along the top edge.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nighthawk
post Jun 2 2008, 08:07 PM
Post #3

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 577

It has been a while, Deem, but I recall there being a fence post that was slightly darker than the others. That is the spot you are aiming for.
At least I think it is. GL.

biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Deem
post Jun 3 2008, 12:29 AM
Post #4

Uru Guru
Group Icon

No luck yet.

I've tried walking as far to the top (right side) of wreckage, doing balancing act like the tent in Tokotah Alley. The dark post isn't anywehre near this, however. But it's the closest area to the fence. Then, I've tried running up the extreme left part of the wreckage and jump either straight towards the gate, or left diagonally towards the dark post. No luck. I've tried balancing, running and jumping, you name it. Here's hoping someone with a knack for details can give me a better idea how to orient--much like someone who finally wrote about how to leap to the ledge in Eder Kemo by lining up the lamp post, rock, and explorer. That was an awesome tip. smile.gif

Thanks for trying LC and Nighthawk. blush.gif

+Quote Post
lisilee
post Jun 3 2008, 05:20 AM
Post #5

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,910

QUOTE (Deem @ Jun 3 2008, 06:29 AM) *
No luck yet.

I've tried walking as far to the top (right side) of wreckage, doing balancing act like the tent in Tokotah Alley. The dark post isn't anywehre near this, however. But it's the closest area to the fence. Then, I've tried running up the extreme left part of the wreckage and jump either straight towards the gate, or left diagonally towards the dark post. No luck. I've tried balancing, running and jumping, you name it. Here's hoping someone with a knack for details can give me a better idea how to orient--much like someone who finally wrote about how to leap to the ledge in Eder Kemo by lining up the lamp post, rock, and explorer. That was an awesome tip. smile.gif

i didn't know if it were possiable to jump the fence.if one does how far can one go?sounds like one could get lost in the desert.with out the help of zandi or the safety of the cleft....... unsure.gif

+Quote Post
J'iim
post Jun 3 2008, 07:33 AM
Post #6

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,706

QUOTE (lisilee @ Jun 3 2008, 05:20 AM) *
QUOTE (Deem @ Jun 3 2008, 06:29 AM) *
No luck yet.

i didn't know if it were possiable to jump the fence.if one does how far can one go?sounds like one could get lost in the desert.with out the help of zandi or the safety of the cleft....... unsure.gif

Looks like the web team will have to do another guide on how to complete the Easter Egg. Sounds like my weekend is scheduled laugh.gif.

+Quote Post
alaina
post Jun 3 2008, 10:26 AM
Post #7

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,619

yey some thing for us greeters to do. Have you tried over by the sign where you first link in My hubby say he had luck with that area of the fence.

--------------------

You listen with your ears not your lips

+Quote Post
d'rbeh
post Jun 3 2008, 12:24 PM
Post #8

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 2,050

there are already posts, perhaps archived by now, on how to jump the fence. these only need be found and copied/pasted to this thread. good luck, deem!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jarelav
post Jun 3 2008, 02:27 PM
Post #9

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,899

According to Greypiffle, the easter egg should be reached first before one can jump the fence:
make sure you are wearing the Yeesha shirt.

go to the Gareeshen power room and step on the plate for the temp power. (the pillar that goes up and down.

In the teledahn Prison, stand on the plate that is in the middle. (4th one from either end)

link to the pyramid and ride the elevator down.
(I then went into the pillar room before soing the next step, but you may not have to)

Turn off the elevator

link to the last room in Gira and turn off the floor lamp. (it's the one next to that journey cloth)

go to the linking book for Kemo and link on over.

get your fireflies and go through the Barho door.
(I went all the way through and dropped through the cave to get back to Relto)

Link to the rainy cleft

change the imager to the symbol on the left from the 4 symbols next to the door.

go on out and to the telescope that fell through the star cleft in Riven

Click on the hotspot for the eyepiece

(OH, ANOTHER ONE!)

YOU ARE DONE. Dazed

source 1
source 2

--------------------
jarel, formerly Schlomo
MOULa KI: 00405546

+Quote Post
IBnetweasel
post Jun 3 2008, 04:08 PM
Post #10

Proud Papa
Group Icon

Member No.: 734

Hey Deem...
From what I remember, I jumped from the top of the actual telescope straight over the fence. This was in the off-line version a long time ago.

I tried jumping the same way in MOUL from the scope, after following the egg directions there, but it was a no go. I couldn't make it over unless I jumped from the wreckage left of the scope (as you face the fence). So what I remember from the off-line and on-line versions differ.

I believe you can only jump over the fence (once you have it set up appropriately and see the pic in the telescope, which you said you had) if you remain in the cleft. If you link out, I think you have to start all over.

GOODLUCK!
IB bye2.gif

--------------------
Let your mind open and follow what your heart desires. Look to the stars, explore your surroundings, and let yourself go.
Life is a journey...make your path!

+Quote Post
Shadowcats
post Jun 3 2008, 10:59 PM
Post #11

Wizard of Oz
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 409

LOL I remember doing this and yeah when everything is correct it's fun to ride the Zamboni offline as they added the blockers online
so you couldn't jump the fence.
There are lots of glitches in ofline and online found exploring like swimming in the hood water by jumping from one of the coloums at a certain angle.
smile.gif
Caz had a Video around here and it was great him riding the Buss and also one of him having The Great Zero added to his Relto.
Search feature won't work for me so just look for videos

This post has been edited by d'rbeh: Jun 5 2008, 01:56 PM

--------------------
Of all the things I've lost.....
I miss my mind the most..

+Quote Post
Deem
post Jun 3 2008, 11:31 PM
Post #12

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Still trying, no luck. I've done everything up to the fence jump correctly. I think it's come down to needing someone to draw a diagram or something. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Nighthawk
post Jun 4 2008, 12:28 AM
Post #13

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE (Deem @ Jun 3 2008, 10:31 PM) *
Still trying, no luck. I've done everything up to the fence jump correctly. I think it's come down to needing someone to draw a diagram or something. unsure.gif

Deem, the info below is taken from the To D'ni Walkthrough here on the GoG site. It may be a help:
Climb out from the cleft and make your way towards the fallen Riven telescope behind the volcano. If all went well, you will be able to look through it, hear Zandi saying "Another one?" and see a picture of the Cyan staff. It is also possible to jump to the other side of the fence using the metal plate to the left of the projector (with your back to the volcano and the fence in front of you). While on the other side of the fence, make your way back and to the left. You will eventually spot something at the distance. Keep running towards it to find Zandi on his Zamboni. When you get close enough to it, you will get to drive the Zamboni. Just be careful not to crash because this will end your experience.

Also, when you are done and link out of the cleft, the puzzle will be reset and you will have to do it all over if you want another go at driving. ^_^
Doing it all over includes resolving the hexagonal tile room puzzle in Kadish Tolesa and relighting generator in Eder Gira before you start resolving Easter Egg mode.

--------------------

+Quote Post
J'iim
post Jun 4 2008, 06:55 AM
Post #14

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,706

QUOTE (Deem @ Jun 4 2008, 12:31 AM) *

Working on it. I have to set everything up first and then I'll find that elusive spot again.

+Quote Post
Piran
post Jun 4 2008, 08:51 AM
Post #15

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,045

Boy this sure reminds me of trying to get the relto page on the ledge in Eder Kemo! laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th November 2019 - 09:35 AM