> Forum Back After Weeks Of Downtime
dadguy
post Jul 14 2015, 06:46 PM
Post #1

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 28

I guess they figured it out. :-) All I was getting was a "database error" blank page.

Thanks to whomever fixed it!

Dadguy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UruBoo
post Jul 15 2015, 06:52 AM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 61

It was out of work for a month. Thanks for fixing it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Chaos
post Jul 15 2015, 06:35 PM
Post #3

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,876

I noticed the database problem a while back, and expected something to happen. After a while, when nothing seemed to change, I told Tij about it when I met her in Guild Wars 2. She informed Tech.

So, the lesson I take from this is.. When I notice forum problems, tell Tij immediately. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
veralun
post Jul 21 2015, 09:15 AM
Post #4

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 774

Good to see the forum back smile.gif

--------------------
ô¿ô......All URU need is love!......ô¿ô

+Quote Post
Robyn
post Jul 27 2015, 12:42 PM
Post #5

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,126

QUOTE (Lord Chaos @ Jul 15 2015, 06:35 PM) *
I noticed the database problem a while back, and expected something to happen. After a while, when nothing seemed to change, I told Tij about it when I met her in Guild Wars 2. She informed Tech.

So, the lesson I take from this is.. When I notice forum problems, tell Tij immediately. smile.gif

No, the lesson is that a few more Greeters need to have Tech's email address, so we don't need to depend upon chance encounters in other worlds for round-about communications. I mean it!

--------------------
"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus:
Try to assimilate the world!"
-Pinkutus & the Borg

Ad astra
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

+Quote Post
Nev'yn
post Jul 31 2015, 02:30 AM
Post #6

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 70,498

QUOTE (Robyn @ Jul 27 2015, 12:42 PM) *
QUOTE (Lord Chaos @ Jul 15 2015, 06:35 PM) *

No, the lesson is that a few more Greeters need to have Tech's email address, so we don't need to depend upon chance encounters in other worlds for round-about communications. I mean it!

Yeah a similar thing happened with the GoC...an explorer posted a message on the imager in their pub. I sent Nalates a PM about it, which she never seemed to notice via the Moula forums. Finally remembered I had her email address and sent her a message directly.

Long story short, I drop by the various pubs to check for messages every week or so. They're rare but do happen. Even OHB will vouch for my thoroughness in making sure the message gets through. Neither rain in Kemo, Delin snows, a CAVCON challenge, nor darkest cavern night....

wink3.gif

Have you all considered Skype, many of the Messengers are connected via the platform, even if some don't check it often...Doobes, Leo, Ly, Tai, etc...

This post has been edited by Nev'yn: Jul 31 2015, 02:41 AM

--------------------

(Nevyn’s Note: Any comments, thoughts, or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of either GoMe or the GoC.)

+Quote Post
Robyn
post Jul 31 2015, 11:27 AM
Post #7

Uru Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nev'yn @ Jul 31 2015, 02:30 AM) *
Have you all considered Skype, many of the Messengers are connected via the platform, even if some don't check it often...Doobes, Leo, Ly, Tai, etc...

Actually, I set up a Greeters group broadcast messaging system on Facebook, that would send out an email notification. This way you wouldn't have to depend on seeing a forum entry in time, or send out individual forum messages.

But, A-you had to have a Facebook presence, and B-you had to join the group. Unfortunately not every Greeter signed-on, and no major events have happened since it was set up and tested. I doubt that many even remember that it's there down.gif

This post has been edited by Robyn: Jul 31 2015, 11:32 AM

--------------------
-Pinkutus & the Borg

Ad astra

+Quote Post
Nev'yn
post Aug 1 2015, 01:18 AM
Post #8

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Robyn @ Jul 31 2015, 11:27 AM) *
QUOTE (Nev'yn @ Jul 31 2015, 02:30 AM) *

Actually, I set up a Greeters group broadcast messaging system on Facebook, that would send out an email notification. This way you wouldn't have to depend on seeing a forum entry in time, or send out individual forum messages.

But, A-you had to have a Facebook presence, and B-you had to join the group. Unfortunately not every Greeter signed-on, and no major events have happened since it was set up and tested. I doubt that many even remember that it's there down.gif

Lol! Sounds like the GoMe Google+ and Twitter pages for me....I'll be honest, I couldn't tell you the last time I've visited either.

--------------------

(Nevyn’s Note: Any comments, thoughts, or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of either GoMe or the GoC.)

+Quote Post
Lord Chaos
post Aug 6 2015, 05:35 PM
Post #9

Uru Guru
Group Icon

I see Dyno and Mite regularly, but I don't always check the forum. I'm trying to be more consistent in that now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
UruBoo
post Aug 7 2015, 07:10 AM
Post #10

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 61

Forum is back again. It was out for a few days.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Chaos
post Aug 7 2015, 05:50 PM
Post #11

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Yep. I ran into Mite and Dyno in GW2 yesterday, and mentioned the problem. They'd had a power failure that caused one of the database files to become corrupted. Dyno had to fix that.

I told him that while the forum doesn't get very much use any more, people do still use it as a historical resource. There's also all the GoG-developed information, including guides and basics. Still, it's not a high-priority item for them. They have two active boys and other activities. They're really keeping this going as a favor to us.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nev'yn
post Sep 20 2015, 06:36 PM
Post #12

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Sorry to make this a bit off-topic...But could one of your team toggle the GoG hood?
I'm hoping doing so will place it back at the top of the Nexus list.

Sorry for the trouble!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robyn
post Sep 21 2015, 02:13 PM
Post #13

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Hmmm. When I checked, it looked like someone had made it "Private", though my other avatars were still able to access the GoG hood.

I've pressed the button to make it public again, and as far as I can tell it should be OK now.

--------------------
-Pinkutus & the Borg

Ad astra

+Quote Post
Nev'yn
post Sep 21 2015, 03:02 PM
Post #14

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Robyn @ Sep 21 2015, 03:13 PM) *
Hmmm. When I checked, it looked like someone had made it "Private", though my other avatars were still able to access the GoG hood.

I've pressed the button to make it public again, and as far as I can tell it should be OK now.

Huh, weird...that's what happened to the GoMe hood, as well. I visit the GoMe hood/pub once a week or so. I noticed it was set to private, so I toggled it, which then caused it jump to the top. It never occurred to me that yours might be, too. Anys, glad to see it's sorted out. Again, sorry for going off-topic.

(/salute)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2019 - 02:10 PM