> Riven Sub?
TheGamer
post May 24 2006, 11:00 AM
Post #121

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 3,797

yeah. i need to figure out the last two....i think it is 20 and 19...or the other way around. the box has a half circle up on top of the box...20..i think....ok, this is rather off topic but i dont want to start a new thread for it., now on the Uru soundtrack, why doesnt it have the music from the 3rd version of Ahnonay, and Er'Cana (all of the music from this age is missing) can some one tell me why. seems kind of a rip off if you dont get all of the music on the cd... unsure.gif

This post has been edited by TheGamer: May 24 2006, 11:55 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CAGrayWolf
post May 24 2006, 01:22 PM
Post #122

The Wolfmeister
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 35

QUOTE (TheGamer @ May 24 2006, 09:00 AM) *
ok, this is rather off topic but i dont want to start a new thread for it., now on the Uru soundtrack, why doesnt it have the music from the 3rd version of Ahnonay, and Er'Cana (all of the music from this age is missing) can some one tell me why. seems kind of a rip off if you dont get all of the music on the cd... unsure.gif

This is pretty much because the soundtrack was released before the expansions were released. While there was a couple of tracks on the soundtrack that were not in the UrU: ABM game ... it is complete for the original game only. I'm not sure if another or newer soundtrack (CD) will be released in the future or not. You can extract all the music from your game files though and burn them onto a CD for your own enjoyment though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheGamer
post May 24 2006, 01:31 PM
Post #123

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

wow. i dint know you could do that...i need to figure out how..i am a HUGE fan of game music so i need to know....hmm... will have to check into it..thank you! worship.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
CAGrayWolf
post May 24 2006, 01:38 PM
Post #124

The Wolfmeister
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 35

QUOTE (TheGamer @ May 24 2006, 11:31 AM) *
wow. i dint know you could do that...i need to figure out how..i am a HUGE fan of game music so i need to know....hmm... will have to check into it..thank you! worship.gif

There is a thread around here somewhere telling you how to extract the music ... though I forget exactly where it is located. The initial files are in OGG format and these would probably be higher quality, but you would also require a OGG file converter to play these. There are a few programs that will play these files and also convert them to another playable format for burning. Winamp will play these files, but I don't think will convert them. You can also find these files already expanded within the game files in a wave format, though I think they lose quality this way.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheGamer
post May 24 2006, 01:42 PM
Post #125

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

wow..lot of work..cool. do you need to buy a program to help you do this?

--------------------

+Quote Post
UruBoo
post May 24 2006, 02:00 PM
Post #126

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 61

Hi Gamer!

If you're looking for softwares to convert music formats, try this link. It contains thousands of music format converter programs. Most of them are shareware. I use one payd program called OneClickAudio Converter. It's very simple to use (just right click the file and a pull down menu shows options to which format you want to convert) and very powerfull - convert almost ALL kind of music formats you can imagine. But take a look at the link above, I'm sure you'll find something free smile.gif .

This post has been edited by UruBoo: May 24 2006, 02:01 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheGamer
post May 24 2006, 02:11 PM
Post #127

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

thank you UruBoo! I will look into it. bounce.gif hey, how do you start a album on here? i couldnt.

This post has been edited by TheGamer: May 24 2006, 02:46 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheGamer
post May 26 2006, 10:52 AM
Post #128

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

might be bad to start this thread back up, but i have a question. ok now when you are standing by that little cement pool thing that has the ball in it..and forms the shape of a beetle or something like that when you fill it up with water. well you look out across the lagoon and you see the gallows. but you also see a "fish" shaped building protruding out of the rock wall. what is it and how do i get there??? unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
IBnetweasel
post Jun 25 2006, 06:03 PM
Post #129

Proud Papa
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 734

man I wish I had gotten here earlier...I love this game...

The mounds you were talking about earlier...for the light grid puzzle...thos as you may have found out represent the islands. If you fully explore Gehn's workplace in Crater Islade (Paper Island...Caldera Island)...you will find a VERY neat device. It is a glass sphere with liquid inside and button you can pull that turns on what looks like a heater. Then the liquid pushes up to the top of the sphere...the heater turns off and the liquid settles back down. Also...if you remember your ride to Paper Island in the minecart...there were orange-glowing rings. All of this fits together. I read somewhere that there is a bacteria in the water of Riven and is heat phobic. Thus, Gehn made use of this to create heat rings in the water to creat a tunnel through the water. SO NEAT! Of course the same applies to these "mounds"...they have little heaters underneath them that heat up to different levels that create the topology of the islands...this is how he made a map.

One thing about the paper island...that device you first arrive by...the thing that you say you powered and pulled the lever and it vibrated and did nothing...Think about the environment of where you just came from...(tree stumps...axes)...and the mine cart...and the big pile of stuff right next to this device (wood chips). This is a tree-grinding machine! This connects with the big boiler room. (In the rotating room with the scarabs on the pillars that you can open and peer into...one of them has a picture of this paper making process and has a picture of this device and the boiler room). I LOVE how Riven works so well together. This is where Gehn made paper for his age writing attempts. (This is why I call it Paper Island).

Another thing...about the marble puzzle...you know there are five ilsands...5 domes...etc...you also know that there are six symbols (kind of like eyes)...and six corresponding colors...however...you remember that one of the lights in the wahrk summoning room didn't work? Yeah...this is a clue that perhaps only 5 of them are needed...and it also eliminates the correct one.

About the word Riven...it mean split asunder...broken apart...torn apart...yes. If you read the three D'ni books...this would be more clear. Riven used to be one big island with a huge tree in the center. However, Gehn was not the best writer, and all his ages had serious flaws that led to each age destroying itself somehow. Riven's problem is that it had serious fault problems...and over time, the faults are ripping the world apart (island included). The island of Riven has now been split into 5 islands that Gehn has connected together with bridges and tramways. (or a mine cart).

I'm not sure to what building you are referring when you talk about your view from the scarab pool...I'll have to go in game and see if i can refresh my memory of that view.

If you have ANY questions about anything in the game, I think I can fill you in. Just ask!

WOO I love this game so much...*rushes in to find view you're asking about...*

--------------------
Let your mind open and follow what your heart desires. Look to the stars, explore your surroundings, and let yourself go.
Life is a journey...make your path!

+Quote Post
IBnetweasel
post Jun 25 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #130

Proud Papa
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 734

Hi Gamer...I don't know to what you are referring. My best guess is that island out in the middle of the lagoon...with the little mechanical projection thing attached to it...is this correct? It's like a mechanical thing attached to a little rock protruding from the center of the lagoon?

OH...I think you're talking about something protruding from the rock wall up high to the right?
Click here to view/hide a spoiler.
Do you remember the room with the levers that you had to flip up to extend the platforms over the water so you could exit the sub?...yeah...that's that room.
--this might need spoiler tags...I don't know how to use those...please (moderators) edit it if you think it is an issue...THANK YOU! (I may have figured it out how to use spoiler tags...yes I did!...very easy)

IB

This post has been edited by IBnetweasel: Jun 25 2006, 07:15 PM

--------------------
Let your mind open and follow what your heart desires. Look to the stars, explore your surroundings, and let yourself go.
Life is a journey...make your path!

+Quote Post
mishra
post Jun 25 2006, 08:29 PM
Post #131

Uru Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,936

I'm not exactly sure how, it might have been through accidentally adding ALL MEDIA FROM MY COMPUTER to iTunes, but I have every sound effect, sppech, music file from Uru.....idk how i did it....but there is a way&I'm sure you'll find it smile.gif

--------------------
I swear I've become
The skin of a drum
The heart of a man
Divided I stand

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2019 - 05:04 AM