> Heritage Night Proposal For Gog
Lord Chaos
post Aug 22 2016, 05:06 PM
Post #1

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 3,876

There's a thread on the MOUL forum discussing possibilities for a Heritage Night presentation on the Guilds. The idea is that people from a guild would talk about its history and functions. There's no set date yet, as they're looking for people and interest. It would be short, up to about 10 minutes, probably done in text.

So... does anyone reading here still h ave a working MOUL installation? Among those who do, are you interested in helping with the Heritage Night project?

My MOUL worked until I had to reinstall Windows 7 after Win 10 forced itself upon me. I've applied the patches I know about but it still doesn't work. It's probably something simple. I've just lacked enough motivation to ask.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lord Chaos
post Aug 25 2016, 05:55 PM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Jamie has cancelled his plans because a similar event was done not too long ago. I don't really understand that, but it's his event.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ken Telinome
post Aug 30 2016, 03:07 PM
Post #3

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,259

I haven't tested it on Windows 10, but at least used to still have a working MO:ULa installation, and I pop in every now and then.

I don't think we would have had much to contribute to a Heritage Night, though. The GoG no longer exists. We could have talked about what we used to be and what we used to do, but nothing of any relevance to MO:ULa today.

--------------------

Avatar: Ken Telinome | KI: 00329185 | Blog: Living an Ecumenical Life

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post Sep 26 2016, 05:54 PM
Post #4

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 2,857

Wow, I didn't even think of what Win 10 might have done, nor did I realize that I'll probably have to reload MOUL... I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I did visit though I don't have the same old friends knocking on my Relto door that I used to! Funny that all I could think of was Gira when I first went into Obduction, with the Red Rocks and all. The Windmill in Hunrath (right next to my contribution to the game... smile.gif ) makes me think of the one in the Desert, same sound, as are the foot falls on metal grating those of various, similar walkways in Uru!

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post
Lord Chaos
post Oct 1 2016, 09:21 AM
Post #5

Uru Guru
Group Icon

After some fiddling around I got Uru working again.

I too noticed the similarity of sounds in Obduction. Kind of annoying in the case of the windmill, because the sound repeats exactly four or five times per revolution. Some attention to detail would have matched repetition to revolution. Pretty game, nice detail in some areas, but I've lost interest.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th December 2019 - 02:46 PM