buy antibiotics without prescription
Guild of Greeters   Suitable for Every Age   

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Trio -- A Story, Hiram, Brigid & Ovid Continue Their Journey?
Rex Havoc
post Nov 6 2006, 04:57 PM
Post #16

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 2,857

Part One, Part Two, Part Three
Click here to view/hide a spoiler.
With breakfast concluded, the group prepared for their day. Hiram decided to take along some fruit from the breakfast table, to snack on later. The others, seeing this, concluded that Hiram had a good idea and also grabbed some things for later. Ovid was obviously anxious to get going. He was pacing back and forth, in and out of the door to the linking book chamber.
“Will you relax, Ovid?!” Brigid commented from across the room, “There is no rush!”
“Sorry, I just want to get going before another strange thing happens here!” Ovid replied. Within moments the group was again gathered around the pedestal.
“Since you are so ready to go, Ovid, why don’t you take the honors of going first?” Gaiasm commented. Without replying, Ovid reached out his hand, touched the page and faded from view.
“Why don’t the rest of you follow, I take up the rear.” Gaiasm continued. The others nodded in agreement and followed Ovid’s lead. With Brigid and Hiram now also gone, Gaiasm gave the chamber one last look and linked.

Gaiasm arrived in the Library to see a look of panic on Hiram’s face. Brigid was yelling something.
“He’s not here!! He’s not here!!” Gaiasm finally heard Brigid say.
“Calm down, Brigid, he must be here.” Gaiasm said the words and tried to sound convincing but even she knew that anything seemed possible, lately.
“Have you checked the rest of the Library? Of course you haven’t!" Gaiasm, answering her own question, stopped. “You just got here too! Let’s check this floor, and then work our way down. He must be here, somewhere.” Brigid looked at Hiram and then to Gaiasm. A look of concern was on all their faces.
“I hope he didn’t do something stupid and try out one of these other linking books, before we got here.” Brigid blurted out.

Meanwhile, a rather surprised Ovid, had found himself standing on a landing at the top of a staircase, overlooking a sort of plaza area. Turning, he saw a doorway, to which he headed. A large circular room opened to him as he passed through. Encircling the room were dozens of niches, each with a pedestal, containing a closed book. Ovid walked to one and chanced to open it. Nothing but text, in what appeared to be the D’ni script. He gently closed it. The room was beautiful. A high domed ceiling stood overhead. A soft light making it almost glow. There was more D’ni script around the base of the dome. At each book, a marker, possibly a title, denoted each volume. Ovid thought that this might be another room in the library that they had possibly missed the other day. He called out. Certainly the others should have arrived by now. His call was met with silence. Starting to get a bit more than worried, he decided to start looking for his friends. Since he had not seen, or heard anyone in the plaza area, he decided to take the other door to the room and see where it took him. Before venturing forward, however, he removed his notepad and pencil from the pack he was carrying. “I best map my progress.” He thought out loud, “Don’t want to get any more lost, if that is possible!” Ovid was in wonder at the sights he beheld. He had ventured down staircases which lead him to a balcony overlooking a sort of valley. Looking to the right, he could see some of the plaza area he had seen before. To the left, at the far end, was a rather imposing structure. He would try and make that his next destination. He continued on, scratching and drawing as he walked. “There seems to be a lot of stairs around here.” He thought to himself, as he climbed yet another set. He came to an intersection and paused. He turned right and ventured down a short distance to what should have been a bridge. “Well, guess I’m not going this way!” he muttered as he looked around. The end of the bridge nearest him had fallen away, leaving about a third of the distance of the valley no longer traversed by a passageway. He looked left and saw his destination, now larger than before. “Well, guess I’m still headed in the right direction!” he thought, as he turned around and headed back to his original path. Still marveling at the beauty he was seeing, Ovid almost forgot about his map making project he had started. He quickly filled in the missing parts and continued, arriving at, yet, another set of stairs! Ovid trotted down these and found that he had arrived! To his left was the structure to which he had been drawn. It seemed to be staring at him! He approached with care. There were stairs leading up and down, into the building. He decided to try the lower ones, first. Briefly glancing at, yet, another pedestal and linking book, he moved on and descended the stairs. Two rather imposing doors were approaching. These looked somehow familiar but his biggest concern, now, was would they be secured or would he be able to enter. His question was answered almost immediately as both doors slid open. The noise and movement made him jump back out of reflex. The doors closed again. He sat on the stairs, catching he breath a few minutes, and then tried again. Again, the doors slide open. Only this time, there was yet another surprise. Brigid, Hiram and Gaiasm were standing on the other side of it!

Ovid stood there, speechless. This being a rather unusual condition for Ovid, Brigid latched onto the opportunity to speak first.
“What did you touch that you shouldn’t have?!” The tone in her voice showed she was torn between being mad at him and overly concerned.
“What do you mean, what did I do?” Ovid replied, “I touched the same book that you did. Oh, I’m fine, thanks for asking!” In a more mature moment, Ovid stuck out his tongue at Brigid. Brigid thought about returning the favor but gave a half smile back.
“Ummm”, Hiram interjected, “About that ‘I touched the same book that you did’ comment. That is true, but…” Hiram paused before continuing. “It was not the same page." In unison, everyone seemed to do a double take and gave Hiram their full attention.
“What do you mean, ‘not the same page?’ Gaiasm asked, the tone in her voice denoting her feelings more than her expression.
“Well…” Hiram continued sheepishly, “When I stepped up to the pedestal, I noticed the picture was different than it was yesterday. When I turned the page I found the one I saw yesterday and used that one.”
“You are just NOW thinking to mention this to someone? Brigid said through her teeth, as she glared at him. “You should have said something at the time, at least we would have had a better understanding of why we couldn’t find Ovid! Geesh!!” She shook her head and walked halfway up the stairs behind Ovid.
“Sorry, I just figured it, um, well, I don’t know what I figured.” The stress and emotion of the past week started to take its toll. Hiram dropped his head and started sobbing. Brigid rolled her eyes as Gaiasm moved in and embraced him.
“Take comfort in knowing that no one was lost or hurt, but, and this goes for everyone, take nothing you find here for granted. Anything and I do mean anything, that you think is out of place, say something!!
“There is a lot more to this place than this Library.” Ovid said excitedly, attempting to lift the dark cloud that had settled over the group. He ran up to the top of the stairs, waiting for the others to follow. “I think we will have plenty to explore.” He said as he pointed outward. I think I’m going to wish I had packed a little more to eat!”

The others followed him to the top of the stairs. Brigid let out a gasp.
“Oh, it’s beautiful!” The others shook their heads, but nodding came out… They were silent, engrossed in what they saw before them. The group slowly moved forward to a sort of plaza area, in front of the Library. Here, they found another pedestal with a Linking Book. The group, almost in unison, glanced at it, then toward Ovid. Before they could say anything, he blurted out,
“I’m NOT touching it, don’t worry!” They all laughed and continued past the pedestal. Gaiasm walked a bit to the left, then turned around, studying the structure from which they had just come.
“How exquisite.” She commented. “I had not noticed these lovely windows when we were inside.” The others had moved past Gaiasm, to the edge of a steep cliff, to the right of the Library, and were admiring a large lake and gigantic arch at the opposite side. Ovid started wandering away, toward the rear of the building.
“Oh, no you don’t!” Brigid said, as she ran after him. “You aren’t going anywhere on your own!” The others laughed and decided to make it a party and joined them. They found no other entrances to the Library on their little jaunt though, as they came around again toward the front of the building, they came up on another pedestal and Linking Book. The pedestal was quite different from the others they had come across. To the left of the book was a little cubbyhole for something, notes or tools perhaps and the base of this pedestal had a rotating gear or ring. They decided to investigate it at a later time and headed further out from the Library. Just past the courtyard area was a sort of balcony overlook with a long set of stairs leading up from it. They all went to the railing and looked out.
“I started out from down there, somewhere.” Ovid pointed to the right. “This place is really incredible, though I ran into no one while coming here, to the Library. Follow me and I’ll show you where I linked in. Fair warning, though, whoever built this place REALLY must have liked stairs. They are everywhere!” They left the railing and followed Ovid as he ascended the flight of stairs.

--------------------

Ki# 651166
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gaiasmaiden
post Nov 8 2006, 12:34 PM
Post #17

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 2,450

thank you rex for continuing the story
you have taken it in a wondrous direction

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post Jan 20 2007, 11:11 AM
Post #18

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

With breakfast concluded, the group prepared for their day. Hiram decided to take along some fruit from the breakfast table, to snack on later. The others, seeing this, concluded that Hiram had a good idea and also grabbed some things for later. Ovid was obviously anxious to get going. He was pacing back and forth, in and out of the door to the linking book chamber.
“Will you relax, Ovid?!” Brigid commented from across the room, “There is no rush!”
“Sorry, I just want to get going before another strange thing happens here!” Ovid replied. Within moments the group was again gathered around the pedestal.
“Since you are so ready to go, Ovid, why don’t you take the honors of going first?” Gaiasm commented. Without replying, Ovid reached out his hand, touched the page and faded from view.
“Why don’t the rest of you follow, I take up the rear.” Gaiasm continued. The others nodded in agreement and followed Ovid’s lead. With Brigid and Hiram now also gone, Gaiasm gave the chamber one last look and linked.

Gaiasm arrived in the Library to see a look of panic on Hiram’s face. Brigid was yelling something.
“Calm down, Brigid, he must be here.” Gaiasm said the words and tried to sound convincing but even she knew that anything seemed possible, lately.
“Have you checked the rest of the Library? Of course you haven’t!" Gaiasm, answering her own question, stopped. “You just got here too! Let’s check this floor, and then work our way down. He must be here, somewhere.” Brigid looked at Hiram and then to Gaiasm. A look of concern was on all their faces.
“I hope he didn’t do something stupid and try out one of these other linking books, before we got here.” Brigid blurted out.

Meanwhile, a rather surprised Ovid, had found himself standing on a landing at the top of a staircase, overlooking a sort of plaza area. Turning, he saw a doorway, to which he headed. A large circular room opened to him as he passed through. Encircling the room were dozens of niches, each with a pedestal, containing a closed book. Ovid walked to one and chanced to open it. Nothing but text, in what appeared to be the D’ni script. He gently closed it. The room was beautiful. A high domed ceiling stood overhead. A soft light making it almost glow. There was more D’ni script around the base of the dome. At each book, a marker, possibly a title, denoted each volume. Ovid thought that this might be another room in the library that they had possibly missed the other day. He called out. Certainly the others should have arrived by now. His call was met with silence. Starting to get a bit more than worried, he decided to start looking for his friends. Since he had not seen, or heard anyone in the plaza area, he decided to take the other door to the room and see where it took him. Before venturing forward, however, he removed his notepad and pencil from the pack he was carrying. “I best map my progress.” He thought out loud, “Don’t want to get any more lost, if that is possible!” Ovid was in wonder at the sights he beheld. He had ventured down staircases which lead him to a balcony overlooking a sort of valley. Looking to the right, he could see some of the plaza area he had seen before. To the left, at the far end, was a rather imposing structure. He would try and make that his next destination. He continued on, scratching and drawing as he walked. “There seems to be a lot of stairs around here.” He thought to himself, as he climbed yet another set. He came to an intersection and paused. He turned right and ventured down a short distance to what should have been a bridge. “Well, guess I’m not going this way!” he muttered as he looked around. The end of the bridge nearest him had fallen away, leaving about a third of the distance of the valley no longer traversed by a passageway. He looked left and saw his destination, now larger than before. “Well, guess I’m still headed in the right direction!” he thought, as he turned around and headed back to his original path. Still marveling at the beauty he was seeing, Ovid almost forgot about his map making project he had started. He quickly filled in the missing parts and continued, arriving at, yet, another set of stairs! Ovid trotted down these and found that he had arrived! To his left was the structure to which he had been drawn. It seemed to be staring at him! He approached with care. There were stairs leading up and down, into the building. He decided to try the lower ones, first. Briefly glancing at, yet, another pedestal and linking book, he moved on and descended the stairs. Two rather imposing doors were approaching. These looked somehow familiar but his biggest concern, now, was would they be secured or would he be able to enter. His question was answered almost immediately as both doors slid open. The noise and movement made him jump back out of reflex. The doors closed again. He sat on the stairs, catching he breath a few minutes, and then tried again. Again, the doors slide open. Only this time, there was yet another surprise. Brigid, Hiram and Gaiasm were standing on the other side of it!

Ovid stood there, speechless. This being a rather unusual condition for Ovid, Brigid latched onto the opportunity to speak first.
“What did you touch that you shouldn’t have?!” The tone in her voice showed she was torn between being mad at him and overly concerned.
“What do you mean, what did I do?” Ovid replied, “I touched the same book that you did. Oh, I’m fine, thanks for asking!” In a more mature moment, Ovid stuck out his tongue at Brigid. Brigid thought about returning the favor but gave a half smile back.
“Ummm”, Hiram interjected, “About that ‘I touched the same book that you did’ comment. That is true, but…” Hiram paused before continuing. “It was not the same page." In unison, everyone seemed to do a double take and gave Hiram their full attention.
“What do you mean, ‘not the same page?’ Gaiasm asked, the tone in her voice denoting her feelings more than her expression.
“Well…” Hiram continued sheepishly, “When I stepped up to the pedestal, I noticed the picture was different than it was yesterday. When I turned the page I found the one I saw yesterday and used that one.”
“You are just NOW thinking to mention this to someone? Brigid said through her teeth, as she glared at him. “You should have said something at the time, at least we would have had a better understanding of why we couldn’t find Ovid! Geesh!!” She shook her head and walked halfway up the stairs behind Ovid.
“Sorry, I just figured it, um, well, I don’t know what I figured.” The stress and emotion of the past week started to take its toll. Hiram dropped his head and started sobbing. Brigid rolled her eyes as Gaiasm moved in and embraced him.
“Take comfort in knowing that no one was lost or hurt, but, and this goes for everyone, take nothing you find here for granted. Anything and I do mean anything, that you think is out of place, say something!!
“There is a lot more to this place than this Library.” Ovid said excitedly, attempting to lift the dark cloud that had settled over the group. He ran up to the top of the stairs, waiting for the others to follow. “I think we will have plenty to explore.” He said as he pointed outward. I think I’m going to wish I had packed a little more to eat!”
“Oh, it’s beautiful!” The others shook their heads, but nodding came out… They were silent, engrossed in what they saw before them. The group slowly moved forward to a sort of plaza area, in front of the Library. Here, they found another pedestal with a Linking Book. The group, almost in unison, glanced at it, then toward Ovid. Before they could say anything, he blurted out,
“I’m NOT touching it, don’t worry!” They all laughed and continued past the pedestal. Gaiasm walked a bit to the left, then turned around, studying the structure from which they had just come.
“How exquisite.” She commented. “I had not noticed these lovely windows when we were inside.” The others had moved past Gaiasm, to the edge of a steep cliff, to the right of the Library, and were admiring a large lake and gigantic arch at the opposite side. Ovid started wandering away, toward the rear of the building.
“Oh, no you don’t!” Brigid said, as she ran after him. “You aren’t going anywhere on your own!” The others laughed and decided to make it a party and joined them. They found no other entrances to the Library on their little jaunt though, as they came around again toward the front of the building, they came up on another pedestal and Linking Book. The pedestal was quite different from the others they had come across. To the left of the book was a little cubbyhole for something, notes or tools perhaps and the base of this pedestal had a rotating gear or ring. They decided to investigate it at a later time and headed further out from the Library. Just past the courtyard area was a sort of balcony overlook with a long set of stairs leading up from it. They all went to the railing and looked out.
“I started out from down there, somewhere.” Ovid pointed to the right. “This place is really incredible, though I ran into no one while coming here, to the Library. Follow me and I’ll show you where I linked in. Fair warning, though, whoever built this place REALLY must have liked stairs. They are everywhere!” They left the railing and followed Ovid as he ascended the flight of stairs.

As most of the group ascended the stairs, Hiram held back at the railing, engrossed with what he saw. “This must have been an incredible civilization.” He thought to himself. “What could possibly have happened here for all trace of them to vanish, except for their monuments?” Hiram was snapped back to their current reality by the sharp voice of Brigid.
“Are you coming Hiram?”
Hiram snapped out of the mild trance he was in, and turned around. His friends were already at the top of the stairs. They started moving again as he started walking forward. By the time he reached the top of the stairs, his friends were already out of site. Hiram decided to pick up the pace and started jogging to catch up. As they came into view, his foot caught in a crack in the floor, sending him sprawling, ending up in a heap at Ovid’s feet.
“Someone really should mark those with something!” Hiram said as he checked for damage and stood back up again.
“Well, if you had kept up, you wouldn’t have had a need to run.” Brigid commented.
Hiram decided not to say anything about the fact that they could have waited at the top of the stairs so he would not have had to run!!
Once again a group, they proceeded forward to a T intersection.
“There is a broken bridge down that way.” Ovid said as he pointed left. “Even though you can’t get across, you still have a wonderful view. Just be careful.”
They went down a short hallway and down a set of stairs. The hall opened up to a great expanse. In front of them the pathway dropped away, continuing about 40 meters ahead.
“No way to get across there.” Hiram said, sounding a bit dejected.
To the left, they could just make out the Library, from which they had come, to the right more large structures. Below and to the right, they could see a row of doorways and even further down, in the valley floor, a body of water, possibly a river. They turned around and went back up the hallway and proceeded down the path they had started. They came upon a curved, downward staircase, which they followed, finding themselves on a overlook of the same valley. They could see the bridge area from which they had just come and got a better view of just how high up it actually was. The explorers turned to continue and saw a long and tall set of stairs in front of them.
“See what I mean about the stairs?” Ovid chuckled. “Maybe it was a civilization of health nuts!” Gaiasm gave Ovid ‘a look’, but said nothing. They started up, reaching a landing. Brigid noticed a closed door and went over and tried it, only to find it secured. On they went, climbing the rest of the stairs. The pathway ended ahead, with only a doorway off to the right.
“This is close to where I came in”, Ovid exclaimed excitedly. “This room is beautiful!”
Ovid rushed in and the others followed. From the long silence, it was obvious, they all agreed.
“I think this writing,” Ovid pointed at the text banner over each book, “is a title or something.”
Brigid noticed Gaiasm was lost in thought.
“What is it, Gaiasm?
Gaiasm replied. “These are not titles of books, per se, but titles of people.”
Gaiasm walked over to one of the pedestals and carefully opened the volume and started reading.
“King Mararon took the throne in 997 at the age of 73. A great King, loved by his subjects for 162 years, placed a strong value on life, of which, he emphasized with his people…”
She paused a moment before she spoke again, and the others stayed quiet, waiting.
“Do you realize the value of these books? This could be a complete history of these people from the stand point of their rulers.” This room was possibly the Dome of Nobility or something similar. These books need to be translated so that others can learn from them.
Ovid wanted to show the others where he had linked in, but thought it best to wait, giving Gaiasm this moment to reflect and absorb what they had found.

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post Jul 21 2007, 01:39 PM
Post #19

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

“I started out from down there, somewhere.” Ovid pointed to the right. “This place is really incredible, though I ran into no one while coming here, to the Library. Follow me and I’ll show you where I linked in. Fair warning, though, whoever built this place REALLY must have liked stairs. They are everywhere!” They left the railing and followed Ovid as he ascended the flight of stairs. As most of the group ascended the stairs, Hiram held back at the railing, engrossed with what he saw. “This must have been an incredible civilization.” He thought to himself. “What could possibly have happened here for all trace of them to vanish, except for their monuments?” Hiram was snapped back to their current reality by the sharp voice of Brigid.
“Are you coming Hiram?”
Hiram snapped out of the mild trance he was in, and turned around. His friends were already at the top of the stairs. They started moving again as he started walking forward. By the time he reached the top of the stairs, his friends were already out of site. Hiram decided to pick up the pace and started jogging to catch up. As they came into view, his foot caught in a crack in the floor, sending him sprawling, ending up in a heap at Ovid’s feet.
“Someone really should mark those with something!” Hiram said as he checked for damage and stood back up again.
“Well, if you had kept up, you wouldn’t have had a need to run.” Brigid commented.
Hiram decided not to say anything about the fact that they could have waited at the top of the stairs so he would not have had to run!!
Once again a group, they proceeded forward to a T intersection.
“There is a broken bridge down that way.” Ovid said as he pointed left. “Even though you can’t get across, you still have a wonderful view. Just be careful.”
They went down a short hallway and down a set of stairs. The hall opened up to a great expanse. In front of them the pathway dropped away, continuing about 40 meters ahead.
“No way to get across there.” Hiram said, sounding a bit dejected.
To the left, they could just make out the Library, from which they had come, to the right more large structures. Below and to the right, they could see a row of doorways and even further down, in the valley floor, a body of water, possibly a river. They turned around and went back up the hallway and proceeded down the path they had started. They came upon a curved, downward staircase, which they followed, finding themselves on a overlook of the same valley. They could see the bridge area from which they had just come and got a better view of just how high up it actually was. The explorers turned to continue and saw a long and tall set of stairs in front of them.
“See what I mean about the stairs?” Ovid chuckled. “Maybe it was a civilization of health nuts!” Gaiasm gave Ovid ‘a look’, but said nothing. They started up, reaching a landing. Brigid noticed a closed door and went over and tried it, only to find it secured. On they went, climbing the rest of the stairs. The pathway ended ahead, with only a doorway off to the right.
“This is close to where I came in”, Ovid exclaimed excitedly. “This room is beautiful!”
Ovid rushed in and the others followed. From the long silence, it was obvious, they all agreed.
“I think this writing,” Ovid pointed at the text banner over each book, “is a title or something.”
Brigid noticed Gaiasm was lost in thought.
“What is it, Gaiasm?
Gaiasm replied. “These are not titles of books, per se, but titles of people.”
Gaiasm walked over to one of the pedestals and carefully opened the volume and started reading.
“King Mararon took the throne in 997 at the age of 73. A great King, loved by his subjects for 162 years, placed a strong value on life, of which, he emphasized with his people…”
She paused a moment before she spoke again, and the others stayed quiet, waiting.
“Do you realize the value of these books? This could be a complete history of these people from the stand point of their rulers.” This room was possibly the Dome of Nobility or something similar. These books need to be translated so that others can learn from them.
Ovid wanted to show the others where he had linked in, but thought it best to wait, giving Gaiasm this moment to reflect and absorb what they had found.

Gaiasm took her time and glanced at each of the books that encircled the room. If she could, it was obvious to all in attendance, that she could have easily camped out in this very room, reading until all the volumes had been thoroughly studied.

The others allowed Gaiasm some time to read and reflect, while they studied more of what they could appreciate, the intricate detail and beauty that was also present in this domed room. The D’ni script, everywhere around the room, added to the elegance that the architecture created.

Ovid grew more impatient and quietly motioned for the others to follow him out the rooms other exit. They did so, not disturbing Gaiasm’s concentration.

“This is the spot where I linked!” He whispered and pointed. The area was half way between the door they had just exited and yet, another set of stairs. “I don’t see anything special about this place.” Hiram noted as he looked around the area, “Strange that you would end up here.” “Apart from another of those book pedestals, you mean.” Brigid added as she wandered to the top of the set of stairs and looked out at the scene. The remains of what appeared to be a tree stood in the middle, with buildings off to the right. Even though they were itching to check the area out, they decided it best to wait for Gaiasm to finish what she was doing. The three sat down on the landing to the stairs and chatted about all that they had done and seen since they first arrived. They had traveled to many interesting places, in the days past, and discovered many things about the universe in which they lived. The discoveries didn’t stop with their surroundings, either; they had learned volumes about themselves, as well. They were engrossed in their reminiscing when Brigid noticed Gaiasm standing over them.

“Oh, you are through! We didn’t hear you come out.”

“Yes”, Gaiasm commented, “I noticed! I’ve been standing here for a few minutes now, listening to you. I’m very proud to have met you all, you are all truly an amazing trio! I would like to suggest that we conclude this tour soon and return to my home. I would like to share this discovery with my people.”

The three stood up and indicated agreement with a few nods of their heads.

“Can we check out the plaza like area below us, first?” Hiram asked, “I guess we can always come back to see the rest, later.” Gaiasm agreed and all four trotted down the staircase. They ventured about the plaza area, mostly speechless, as they tried to absorb all that was there to see. It was truly quite amazing. They paused at what had to be the grandest set of stairs they had come upon, so far, and looked out over the lake to an Arch they had noticed from the Library area.

“This is just beautiful.” Was all Brigid could manage to say. “There seems to be more down that way too.” She was pointing to a set of stairs to the left of the ones they were standing at.

“That can be for your next visit,” Gaiasm reminded them, we really should try to get back. We do have a ways to go, in case you don’t recall how we actually got here!” Smiling, she began leading the crew back to the Library.

They returned to the Shrine and then, via the obelisk, to the Gaiasm’s land.

This post has been edited by Rex Havoc: Jul 24 2007, 12:52 PM
Reason for edit: Fixing typos!

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post
gaiasmaiden
post Jul 24 2007, 11:44 AM
Post #20

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 2,450

biggrin.gif

clapping.gif

worship.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post Feb 6 2008, 01:22 PM
Post #21

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Part One, Part Two, Part Three, Part Four
Ovid's phone rang incessantly. He opened his eyes, trying to focus, in the dark, on his alarm clock, next to him on his night stand. "What the heck!" He said out loud to the darkness around him, "It's 3 in the morning!!" He reached over for the still ringing phone, knocking the clock to the floor in the process."
"Hello??" he said, rather horsely?
"Ovid?" the voice on the other end of the phone questioned, "Is that you?"
“Yes” he croaked, “Who were you expecting… Brigid??”
“Oh, sorry, you sounded weird. Yes!! This is Brigid. What are you doing?” the voice responded.
“Well, DUH, I WAS sleeping.” Why in the world are you calling me at this hour? You couldn’t wait 3 or 4 more hours?”
The excitement in Brigid’s voice actually answered Ovid’s question, but he asked, anyway.
“Do you have a number for Hiram? I can’t get a hold of him.” Brigid’s excitement seemed to be growing. “We need to get together as soon as possible.”
Attempting to answer Brigid’s first question, Ovid responded, “Um, yes, I have his mobile number, he just got the phone this week. What is up?”
“Well call him and you both meet me at Kerath’s Koffee at 8. I have something to show you both. I’ll even buy!”
His mind finally clearing a bit, Ovid agreed. He decided, however, to be a little kinder to Hiram and not wake him up in the middle of the night. Now being wide awake, however, he turned the light on and grabbed the book lying next to him. He attempted to read but Brigid’s call kept haunting his thoughts. She never did really explain why she had called so early and what was going on.

He managed to get a few chapters finished before 5AM rolled around. “Well”, he thought, “Hiram is usually up by now, I’ll give him a call.” Hiram answered right away, obviously already up and alert. Ovid shared the story of the 3AM phone call and the request to meet.
“She didn’t give you any idea what this was about?” Hiram asked.
“Nope, just all excited and almost ordering us to meet her!” Ovid replied.
“Well, you are on my way to Kerath’s, so I’ll pick you up, say, around 7:30? Sounds like our Brigid!” Hiram started laughing.
They both hung up and did their preparation for the day. Right at 7:30, a horn sounded outside Ovid’s townhouse. He glanced out and saw Hiram parked out front, prompt as ever. Grabbing his keys and phone, he headed out and joined Hiram in the car.

After their return eight month’s ago, the Trio’s contact with each other had gradually slacked off to an occasional get together over coffee. This meeting, seemed different. Miraculously, there was a parking spot right out front of Kerath’s. Hiram took it and they both popped out of the car. There was Brigid, sitting at a table in the window, madly waving at them. Ovid and Hiram looked at each other then waved back and went in. As they reached the table and sat, the waitress appeared. “They’ll have what I’m having.” Brigid pointed at her coffee concoction, causing the waitress to do an about face and head back to the counter.
“First of all,” Brigid began, “It is so good to see you guys!” Pointing at Hiram, she added, “Make sure you give me your new mobile number before we get out of here!!” Hiram smiled and nodded. Brigid continued.
“OK, sorry for the frantic phone call last night Ovid, but you guys had to see this. This was sitting on my kitchen table when I got home, yesterday.” She rummaged around in her purse and placed an item on the table in front of her. “What do you think THIS means?”
Hiram’s and Ovid’s jaws dropped and they appeared, for the moment anyway, to be speechless!

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post Feb 7 2008, 02:09 PM
Post #22

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Part One, Part Two, Part Three, Part Four

Ovid's phone rang incessantly. He opened his eyes, trying to focus, in the dark, on his alarm clock, next to him on his night stand. "What the heck!" He said out loud to the darkness around him, "It's 3 in the morning!!" He reached over for the still ringing phone, knocking the clock to the floor in the process."
"Hello??" he said, rather horsely?
"Ovid?" the voice on the other end of the phone questioned, "Is that you?"
“Yes” he croaked, “Who were you expecting… Brigid??”
“Oh, sorry, you sounded weird. Yes!! This is Brigid. What are you doing?” the voice responded.
“Well, DUH, I WAS sleeping.” Why in the world are you calling me at this hour? You couldn’t wait 3 or 4 more hours?”
The excitement in Brigid’s voice actually answered Ovid’s question, but he asked, anyway.
“Do you have a number for Hiram? I can’t get a hold of him.” Brigid’s excitement seemed to be growing. “We need to get together as soon as possible.”
Attempting to answer Brigid’s first question, Ovid responded, “Um, yes, I have his mobile number, he just got the phone this week. What is up?”
“Well call him and you both meet me at Kerath’s Koffee at 8. I have something to show you both. I’ll even buy!”
His mind finally clearing a bit, Ovid agreed. He decided, however, to be a little kinder to Hiram and not wake him up in the middle of the night. Now being wide awake, however, he turned the light on and grabbed the book lying next to him. He attempted to read but Brigid’s call kept haunting his thoughts. She never did really explain why she had called so early and what was going on.

He managed to get a few chapters finished before 5AM rolled around. “Well”, he thought, “Hiram is usually up by now, I’ll give him a call.” Hiram answered right away, obviously already up and alert. Ovid shared the story of the 3AM phone call and the request to meet.
“She didn’t give you any idea what this was about?” Hiram asked.
“Nope, just all excited and almost ordering us to meet her!” Ovid replied.
“Well, you are on my way to Kerath’s, so I’ll pick you up, say, around 7:30? Sounds like our Brigid!” Hiram started laughing.
They both hung up and did their preparation for the day. Right at 7:30, a horn sounded outside Ovid’s townhouse. He glanced out and saw Hiram parked out front, prompt as ever. Grabbing his keys and phone, he headed out and joined Hiram in the car.

After their return eight month’s ago, the Trio’s contact with each other had gradually slacked off to an occasional get together over coffee. This meeting, seemed different. Miraculously, there was a parking spot right out front of Kerath’s. Hiram took it and they both popped out of the car. There was Brigid, sitting at a table in the window, madly waving at them. Ovid and Hiram looked at each other then waved back and went in. As they reached the table and sat, the waitress appeared. “They’ll have what I’m having.” Brigid pointed at her coffee concoction, causing the waitress to do an about face and head back to the counter.
“First of all,” Brigid began, “It is so good to see you guys!” Pointing at Hiram, she added, “Make sure you give me your new mobile number before we get out of here!!” Hiram smiled and nodded. Brigid continued.
“OK, sorry for the frantic phone call last night Ovid, but you guys had to see this. This was sitting on my kitchen table when I got home, yesterday.” She rummaged around in her purse and placed an item on the table in front of her. “What do you think THIS means?”
Hiram’s and Ovid’s jaws dropped and they appeared, for the moment anyway, to be speechless!

Sitting on the table was a miniature version of the obelisk that they had used to travel to the Shrine. Hiram spoke first.
“Holy cow!! It is a perfect replica of the obelisk to the Shrine. Where did it come from?” Brigid gave Hiram ‘one of those looks’ as Ovid spoke up.
“I think it’s pretty obvious where it came from and more to the point, who brought it. Was there anything else, Brigid, a note, anything?” Brigid shook her head, no.
“Nothing at all; I looked around, too.” Hiram spoke.
“This has to mean something. These things just don’t happen to people!” Ovid chimed in what the other were thinking…
“Well, not MOST people. I can’t say the past year, for us, has been what I would call ‘normal.’ They all burst out laughing.
“You can say that again.” Brigid said, still laughing. Hiram picked up the obelisk, turned it over and over in his hands and put it back on the table. “It must mean something.” The conversation started to drift to what each had been up to the past two weeks, since they last had gotten together. Brigid was going on about some new project she was working on when she glanced over at Ovid. She stopped speaking at once. Ovid’s jaw was again dropped. She looked over at Hiram, he too seemed to be ignoring her, his eyes transfixed to the table in front of her. She glanced down, and suddenly understood. The obelisk was glowing, ever so slightly, but it was glowing. As they watched, a piece of parchment appeared on the table, next to the glowing item. Right about then, the waitress appeared at the table with two coffees. Brigid grabbed the parchment as the coffees were placed in front of Ovid and Hiram. The glowing had subsided and apparently the waitress hadn’t noticed it, at least she made no mention of it. As she walked away from the table, Brigid brought out the parchment, once again, and started to read it out loud.
“Dear Friends, if you are reading this, you must be together and with the obelisk I had delivered to Brigid. I have a favor to ask…”

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post Nov 20 2016, 09:49 AM
Post #23

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

I am getting motivated to continue this saga. Must re-read (clean up) and ponder a continuation. Perhaps a trip to Hunrath. . .

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 08:14 AM