> releeshan
yakuza-911
post Jun 12 2004, 11:56 PM
Post #1

Uru Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 1,931

hey everyone remember releeshan from exile??

Click here to view a spoiler.

will we be able to go to releeshan as Atrus intended to in the begining of exile(myst3)??? confused1.gif confused1.gif

--------------------
football for life!!Specifically tight end and deffencive end. (and maybe waterboy varsity first stringer)

I am all!! but what am I?? another number that isnt equal to any of you!!user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CAGrayWolf
post Jun 13 2004, 12:19 AM
Post #2

The Wolfmeister
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 35

We are not able to go to Releeshahn in Exile and have not even been given access to that Age ... Cyan is keeping a tight hold on anyone other that Cyan telling the story and Cyan does not seem to want us to go there yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
yakuza-911
post Jun 13 2004, 01:20 AM
Post #3

Uru Citizen
Group Icon

so matbe in a new one of the myst series?? like myst5 or 6??

--------------------
football for life!!Specifically tight end and deffencive end. (and maybe waterboy varsity first stringer)

I am all!! but what am I?? another number that isnt equal to any of you!!user posted image

+Quote Post
yakuza-911
post Jun 13 2004, 01:21 AM
Post #4

Uru Citizen
Group Icon

i mean that would be awsome to meet the D`ni!!(even though Atrus is) it`ll just be great to be able to meet a buch of them!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
CAGrayWolf
post Jun 13 2004, 10:59 AM
Post #5

The Wolfmeister
Group Icon

Believe me when I say there are many die hard Myst fans out there that want to have access and see Releeshahn. As well there have been a number of debates around this Age. What I told you in my first post is the actual facts of why Cyan is holding this.

I have no idea though what Cyan has planned or how (if) they will ever tell this aspect of the story. My only thought is when (if) the ending is close to being written and we approach the final chapter ... that the final chapter on the Myst series would (should) be Releeshahn. What better way to end a long running series.

Disclaimer: Keep in mind the above is pure speculation and I know as well as any other fan that the story will never die as long as we the fans are here to keep it alive. But I'm also sure that Cyan may not always be telling the story.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jordarkelf
post Jun 13 2004, 11:08 AM
Post #6

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,861

I think that Atrus did take the Stranger to Releeshan after the events of Exile, but that is not a part of Catherine's notebooks we have seen in game form so far.

There are more mysteries, such as how the Stranger ended up in Tomahna anyway: did Atrus leave a Linking Book to it on Myst? Or did the Stranger first have to visit Chroma'Agana?

Personally I hope we will be able to see the full Myst Island one day, and Chroma'Agana, and possibly Releeshan, but I wonder how they could be turned into games, now that Uru Live has failed. Releeshan must have a population of thousands by now, how do you turn that into a game?

+Quote Post
yakuza-911
post Jun 13 2004, 01:51 PM
Post #7

Uru Citizen
Group Icon

Chroma'Agana?? is that the island you start out at in Riven??

--------------------

+Quote Post
CAGrayWolf
post Jun 13 2004, 02:20 PM
Post #8

The Wolfmeister
Group Icon

QUOTE (yakuza-911 @ Jun 13 2004, 11:51 AM)
Chroma'Agana??  is that the island you start out at in Riven??

Did a quick search and found this on the DPWR site:

Chroma'Agana
» Posted By: Alahmnat on: May 8 2003, 09:42 PM

Appears In: BoD
Written By: Atrus

Chroma'Agana was an Age written by Atrus after he and Catherine were re-united after the events that took place in the game Riven. Myst was a very painful place for them to live, because of the dark cloud of memories created by the betrayal of their sons. It had been theorized in the past by several in the community that Chroma'Agana was, in fact, Myst, but the name had been changed, because the two Ages are remarkably similar. However, after contacting RAWA, the matter has been set straight; the two Ages are actually seperate Ages with a great deal of similarity.

It was not Atrus and Catherine's plan to abandon Chroma'Agana so soon after linking to it, but the events of the Book of D'ni changed those plans, and the Age was left in favor of Tomahna.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jordarkelf
post Jun 13 2004, 02:22 PM
Post #9

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Nah, that’s K’Veer, D’ni (where Myst ends).

Chroma'Agana is the Age Atrus and Catherine retired to after Riven. Apparently written to be must like Myst (as Myst itself was ruined for them both). I originally thought it was Myst renamed, but that has been denied by Cyanists.

In the Book of D’ni this is the ‘base of operations’ for Atrus as he is starting the restoration of D’ni.

+Quote Post
CAGrayWolf
post Jun 13 2004, 02:40 PM
Post #10

The Wolfmeister
Group Icon

QUOTE (yakuza-911 @ Jun 13 2004, 11:51 AM)
Chroma'Agana??  is that the island you start out at in Riven??

Knew I forgot something. As jordarkelf stated where Myst ends and Riven begins is called K'veer and according to a screen shot from TPotS we will have the opportunity to visit K'veer once again. thumbsup.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
yakuza-911
post Jun 13 2004, 05:30 PM
Post #11

Uru Citizen
Group Icon

isnt K`veer where Gehn took Atrus to live and learn from him when Atrus was a teenager??

--------------------

+Quote Post
jordarkelf
post Jun 13 2004, 05:38 PM
Post #12

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Yup. And as Gehn sealed the room, it was the only part of D’ni Atrus still had access to: he was literally trapped inside a small room by Sirrus and Achernar. (One wonders how he survived: did he write a food Age?)

K’Veer was Veovis’ family’s home before D’ni fell, one of the islands in the lake. If you have read the Book of D’ni, you’ll learn a bit more about the place and its relation to the rest of D’ni.

+Quote Post
yakuza-911
post Jun 13 2004, 05:53 PM
Post #13

Uru Citizen
Group Icon

is that mute guy related to the Veovis’ family?? or is he someone else??

--------------------

+Quote Post
jordarkelf
post Jun 13 2004, 06:07 PM
Post #14

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Probably just one of Gehn’s slaves from his Ages — no D’ni could have survived the Downfall, and Gehn never found any survivor (that we know about: he actually destroyed all Books he could find just to make sure Atrus never did meet any D’ni).

He wrote a good 150 of them before getting trapped on Riven, so at least a few of them would have worked.

+Quote Post
rjp200
post Jun 29 2004, 05:20 PM
Post #15

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,829

you know if you read the book of atrus youll find out thumbsup.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th October 2019 - 11:24 PM