> Gahreesen Power Room, is there still a bug
julia
post Jan 26 2007, 04:29 AM
Post #31

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 2,582

unsure.gif I'm still trying to summon up the courage to turn the power off again for the umpteenth time and see if I can get past the niche without problems. /me checks which of her friends are online......in case of the nearly inevitable..lol..glad you made it through and finished the age Cierdwyn. Yours has been a real saga...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
J'iim
post Jan 26 2007, 08:29 AM
Post #32

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,706

QUOTE (julia @ Jan 26 2007, 04:29 AM) *
unsure.gif I'm still trying to summon up the courage to turn the power off again for the umpteenth time and see if I can get past the niche without problems. /me checks which of her friends are online......in case of the nearly inevitable..lol..glad you made it through and finished the age Cierdwyn. Yours has been a real saga...

Julia.. if you are worried you can't get through after turning off the power....

Click here to view/hide a spoiler.
just press the journey cloth in the power room first and then turn off the power. If you fail to get thru, you can always use the cloth link to get back to the power room to power up again.

You won't have to worry about getting stuck on the wrong side of the niche.

J'iim

+Quote Post
kurtg1265
post Jan 26 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #33

Cactus King
Group Icon

Group: Veteran Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 93

That is a great suggestion J'iim. wink3.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
oldbushie
post Feb 19 2007, 11:38 PM
Post #34

Uru Explorer
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 101

I'm sure this is just a temporary oddity, I haven't tried it again to see though. But then, the giant wheel you jump into has always been a little buggy.

Mainly, I jumped at the hole in the giant rotating wheel/gear thing and missed... or so I thought. I suddenly found myself inside the gear wheel even though I had apparently jumped at section of stone, being too late to get in the gap proper. However, once I was inside, I had no way of leaving through either gap, or at any point at all really, furiously jumping at the outside every few seconds.

It ate me! shock.gif

Anyway... it beats falling through the 1 millimeter crack between the hallway and the giant gear like in olden times.

Edit: Sorry, I just noticed that this is similar to the other problem in the thread about Gahreesen, feel free to merge.

This post has been edited by oldbushie: Feb 19 2007, 11:42 PM

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post Feb 23 2007, 02:22 PM
Post #35

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 2,857

Moderator Note

Merged topics

I have had similar trouble. Though, when I got stuck inside the crevasse, I had entered just fine, just couldn't exit! I have, though experienced getting into the crevasse being certain I had missed, too!

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post
Deryn
post Jan 15 2008, 12:43 PM
Post #36

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 5,112

It seems with new explorers who are just starting out, this problem has reared it's ugly head again.

I was checking on Gahreesen with an explorer who was able to get through the first opening of the wall but every time he tried to go back and into the gear room, his avi jumped on the gears, kinda fell through and ended up back in the alcove. I know it wasn't his age because I was able to make it through a couple of times. Even made it back to him in the alcove. I suggested he file a ticket but that in them meantime I could start up the power and go back through the hallway and lead him back in. This worked, he was able to touch the cloth there. I offered to even shut down the power and let him do it just for the fun of doing it. I also suggested he create a new avi and see if it had the same problem. Yes it did.

He did file a ticket and they said it was because he had a wireless connection. Little did we know... I'm pretty pleased with myself, however, because they also told him that what I did was the only way he could go ahead and complete the age.

Hope this helps someone else out there!

Deryn

--------------------
Patiently waiting for M.O.R.E.

+Quote Post
jarelav
post Jan 15 2008, 12:55 PM
Post #37

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,899

QUOTE (Deryn @ Jan 15 2008, 07:43 AM) *
He did file a ticket and they said it was because he had a wireless connection. Little did we know... I'm pretty pleased with myself, however, because they also told him that what I did was the only way he could go ahead and complete the age.

@Deryn: rock.gif rock.gif

I was told the same thing too ... transfer rates vary significantly in wireless connections compared to a hard wire connection, so wireless is not recommended. Don't know about Macs, tho.

--------------------
jarel, formerly Schlomo
MOULa KI: 00405546

+Quote Post
racegirl
post Jan 15 2008, 01:18 PM
Post #38

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 1,608

I had that problem and I don't have wireless. Just kept falling through the world when jumping out of the alcove. Then one day it worked. /shrug

Think Gahreesen is haunted......

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity.....
......I enjoy it!

+Quote Post
CAGrayWolf
post Jan 15 2008, 03:56 PM
Post #39

The Wolfmeister
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 35

QUOTE (racegirl @ Jan 15 2008, 10:18 AM) *
Think Gahreesen is haunted......

Gahreesen has always had syncing problems ... so this doesn't surprise me.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2019 - 07:08 PM