> Uru Complete Chronicles - Falling Through Chair
dadguy
post Sep 12 2009, 03:21 PM
Post #1

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 28

I needed a hit of URU so I loaded up the offline game on a Vista machine. The gane played perfectly up until Ahnonay.

The problem is that after getting to the 4th Age of Ahnonay, I enter the big door and head down to ride the transport chair. When I get to the waterfalls area, my avvie falls through the chair and is then saved by the Relto book. Each and every time I return, the result is the same, so I am unable to finish.

Does anyone remember how we fix this bug? Is there a patch I am forgetting?

Thanks,

Dadguy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
J'iim
post Sep 12 2009, 05:24 PM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,706

The latest patch for Uru I know of is UruUpdate12.exe. IIRC, 1.2 is the patch you use if you do not have PoTS installed and PoTS is the 1.1 patch.

This is a known bug. I think the only way around it is to keep trying. It will eventually work headbang.gif . I believe I had some success by restarting the game (after setting the bookmark to the journey cloth near the chair). Another bug with the vogondola ride occurs at the end... the controls will not respond and you cannot get the chair to rise in the Engineer's room (or whatever name that area has).

+Quote Post
Ken Telinome
post Sep 12 2009, 10:45 PM
Post #3

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,259

I had an issue with the ride controls not working as well. I just kept trying and eventually it worked. Not sure why it happened or a better way to fix it down.gif.

--------------------

Avatar: Ken Telinome | KI: 00329185 | Blog: Living an Ecumenical Life

+Quote Post
dadguy
post Sep 13 2009, 03:35 PM
Post #4

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Thanks guys! I have tried it quite a few times. I'll try a few more, then I'll delete the book and try the Age again.

Nice to know we are still checking the forums from time to time. :-)

Dadguy

+Quote Post
Robyn
post Sep 13 2009, 09:12 PM
Post #5

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,126

The first time I rode that transport, I encountered the bug. I tried several times, re-loading game, with the same results. The next day, after the computer was rebooted and did it's regular updates and cleanup routines, the bug was gone. I'm guessing that it's just some bit that's not getting set properly the first time, and may require a re-boot, or perhaps more, for it to get properly registered. Once "fixed", it stayed that way.

--------------------
"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus:
Try to assimilate the world!"
-Pinkutus & the Borg

Ad astra
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

+Quote Post
UruBoo
post Sep 14 2009, 07:38 AM
Post #6

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 61

I recently played Uru again and I had the same issue in Ahnonnay - falling or no clickable buttons riding the chair. The only way to solve it was keep trying. But do not only restart de game. You have to reset the computer to be able to ride the chair with no bugs. And don't forget to click the cloth besides the chair!!! It saves a lot of time...

--------------------

+Quote Post
J'iim
post Sep 14 2009, 04:45 PM
Post #7

Uru Guru
Group Icon

It might be my imagination or just a gut feeling but it seems to me that moving the mouse cursor around on the screen seemed to trigger the fall. When I take the vogondola ride, I position the mouse cursor over the control and never move it again for the whole ride. I just carefully click on the control to move the car forward. I only move the cursor to select the control to raise the chair at the end of the ride. (Alternately, you can load that unmentionable patch and bypass the whole thing twisted.gif )

+Quote Post
dadguy
post Sep 14 2009, 07:48 PM
Post #8

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Success !!! I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I took J'iim's most recent advice of carefully moving the mouse to aim at the forward control, and then I was very careful not to budge it as I pushed the forward control two more times, and I made it through!!!

I am so happy!

I'll do a little testing to see if I fall through when I am moving the mouse and report back.

I just love that little room with the view of the falls... so cozy and remote.

Thanks all!

Dadguy

+Quote Post
J'iim
post Sep 15 2009, 04:12 PM
Post #9

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Hooray! I thought that might do the trick. As much as I like the vogondola ride, the bugs make me avoid it like the plague once I manage to get past it.

According to my CD case, Uru:ABM requires dX8.1. PoTS required dx9. I don't know what in dx9/10 and Vista causes so many games to fail. I didn't play through Ahnonay in Windows 7 so I don't know if the bug shows up there or not.

This post has been edited by J'iim: Sep 15 2009, 04:18 PM

+Quote Post
UruBoo
post Sep 16 2009, 06:38 AM
Post #10

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 61

QUOTE (J'iim @ Sep 15 2009, 06:12 PM) *
...I didn't play through Ahnonay in Windows 7 so I don't know if the bug shows up there or not.

It is there. Last time I played PoTS was on Win 7...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th December 2019 - 12:40 AM