> Chasing Bahro
eniad
post Mar 1 2007, 03:18 AM
Post #1

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 5,010

After returning what was taken, I wanted to jump the fence to check out the volcano. I thought it might look interesting in the rain. To my surprise, I actually made it over the short fence with "Keep Out" and "Danger" signs. (I tried this in the Uru not-so-online and never suceeded. The outer fence is another story.) However when I reached the change in dirt texture as the slope of the volcano increases, I fell 'thru' into a gray never-never-land and had to manually link back to my Realto. I know this is a glitch, but I'm not sure what part of it is wrong. Is there anything up there? Aloof hints rather than all out spoilers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Eniad

--------------------
Eniad Corlet
KI# 02639435

Captain of Myss Terrie's Door Team
Winners of Amber Horizon's Delin Door Contest

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pager Catak
post Mar 1 2007, 03:27 AM
Post #2

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,483

Aloof hints.... hmmmm.....

Well, if it says DANGER and KEEP OUT... I'm thinking we are not really meant to be up there. It might be dangerous and we might fall into someplace gray and scary... hehe

laugh.gif

--------------------
Sometimes you must leave the safety of what you know,
to explore all that is possible,
to find that which makes life worth living
Myst Online: URU Live
KI#00189387

+Quote Post
IBnetweasel
post Mar 1 2007, 03:44 AM
Post #3

Proud Papa
Group Icon

Member No.: 734

Hi eniad! bye2.gif

It would appear that you've found the end of the earth! /me gasps...
I don't think anything is up there. You're not even supposed to make it over the fence...which is probably why you met no resistance when you reached the slope. You should submit a ticket of what happened to support.urulive.com. LINK! In case you haven't been there before, you can submit a ticket about any issue you encounter in the game where you get stuck or something goes wrong. Hopefully we won't lose any other explorers into the void...

Keep up the exploring! We need the cavern to be full of curious, inquisitive explorers like yourself! thumbsup.gif

See you in the cavern,
IB

--------------------
Let your mind open and follow what your heart desires. Look to the stars, explore your surroundings, and let yourself go.
Life is a journey...make your path!

+Quote Post
Norfren
post Mar 1 2007, 06:14 AM
Post #4

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 59

Such cute bugs belong to the game... If lucky, at the fence where you can jump over it (but already at the volcano's side), an invisible stairs can be found and you can walk up to the sky high above the desert...

--------------------

Second Life: Norfren Zaius - WoW: Norfren at Draenor

+Quote Post
William H. Maier
post Mar 1 2007, 07:15 AM
Post #5

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,168

The jumping the fence is not new, It has been around for quite a while whistling.gif

--------------------
John 14:6 KJV
"The purpose of life's ride is not to arrive at the grave with a perfectly preserved body.
But to come skidding slightly beat about the head and shoulders in sideways dusty and dirty,yelling,
"Wow! What a ride!"

+Quote Post
Rocky
post Mar 1 2007, 09:17 AM
Post #6

Uru Guru
Group Icon

From: Atlanta , Ga.... U.S.A. (in the "Berbs",by the Lake)
Member No.: 36

bleh.gif
QUOTE (William H. Maier @ Mar 1 2007, 07:15 AM) *
The jumping the fence is not new, It has been around for quite a while whistling.gif

Also notice that you can make that jump only in the Rainy Desert..... not the Dry Desert and if you face the cleft and on the other side of the fence.... then walk backwards up to the top of the crater....
you will see a extra room as you fall..... hummmmmm blush.gif

--------------------

The Un-Offical Cat Herder

click here for info about cat herders

+Quote Post
J'iim
post Mar 1 2007, 10:55 AM
Post #7

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,706

QUOTE (Rocky @ Mar 1 2007, 09:17 AM) *
bleh.gif
QUOTE (William H. Maier @ Mar 1 2007, 07:15 AM) *

Also notice that you can make that jump only in the Rainy Desert..... not the Dry Desert and if you face the cleft and on the other side of the fence.... then walk backwards up to the top of the crater....
you will see a extra room as you fall..... hummmmmm blush.gif

Interesting.. the To D'ni Easter Egg mode also required the Rainy Cleft in order to jump over the outside fence to get to Zandi's Zandimobile (or Zamboni).

+Quote Post
TroutLule
post Mar 1 2007, 11:02 AM
Post #8

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,718

I also tried jumping the fence in Rainy Desert and found I could, at the same spot, and was feeling real good about making it up the hill, but also fell through! but now, with all ya'lls info info in hand, I will walk backwards to find those stairs! Wish me luck!
Lule

--------------------
You imitate the bestó
the rest you memorize.

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jarelav
post Mar 1 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #9

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,899

The desert is full of gray never-never lands if you go far enough. I remember sometime after POTS driving the Zandi-mobile into one.

As for what's up there, have you checked out Myst 5: EOA? It should provide you the "access" you're looking for.

And BTW, WELCOME to the Greeter's forum! bye2.gif

--------------------
jarel, formerly Schlomo
MOULa KI: 00405546

+Quote Post
eniad
post Mar 1 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #10

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 5,010

Thanks for all the help. I reported the bug, which they already know about. So I add to their statistics, which is good.

I haven't found the 'Stairway to Heaven', Norfren, but I'll keep trying.

J'iim, ah, the Zamboni. I had way to much fun with that when I finished the single player.

And of course the question I want answered, "What's there," gets taken care of in the only Myst I haven't played yet. I'll get on that, jarelav.

But of course we wouldn't be playing if we didn't need to know, "What's there."

See you all in the Cavern,
Eniad

--------------------
Eniad Corlet
KI# 02639435

Captain of Myss Terrie's Door Team
Winners of Amber Horizon's Delin Door Contest

+Quote Post
TroutLule
post Mar 1 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #11

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,718

QUOTE (jarelav @ Mar 1 2007, 06:58 PM) *
The desert is full of gray never-never lands if you go far enough. I remember sometime after POTS driving the Zandi-mobile into one.

As for what's up there, have you checked out Myst 5: EOA? It should provide you the "access" you're looking for.

And BTW, WELCOME to the Greeter's forum! bye2.gif

Thanks Jarelav!
I am definitely encouraged to play Myst 5; was kinda hoping it would play on GameTap, but I'll get it soon.

You could drive the Zandi-mobile after POTS? I miss POTS, I'll go back if I can drive the Zandeendi!

I look forward to my time at the GoG!

--------------------
You imitate the bestó
the rest you memorize.

IPB Image

+Quote Post
zymmin
post Mar 13 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #12

Uru Explorer
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,646

QUOTE (J @ Mar 1 2007, 11:55 AM) *
Interesting.. the To D'ni Easter Egg mode also required the Rainy Cleft in order to jump over the outside fence to get to Zandi's Zandimobile (or Zamboni).

I tried to get to get to the Zandoni in MOUL - it is there, you can see it if you jump over the fence and walk to the North - but that EE has been removed (unless I goofed on a step in the hints)

--------------------
Zymmin
MOULagain KI 163223
www.zymmin.com

It seems that the ending still has not been written.

+Quote Post
J'iim
post Mar 13 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #13

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,706

QUOTE (zymmin @ Mar 13 2007, 01:38 PM) *
QUOTE (J @ Mar 1 2007, 11:55 AM) *

I tried to get to get to the Zandoni in MOUL - it is there, you can see it if you jump over the fence and walk to the North - but that EE has been removed (unless I goofed on a step in the hints)

Not all the pieces of the Easter Egg mode are in MOUL. You had to find the Easter Egg in the Bevin egg room (after unlocking it), find and solve all the cryptograms and get them in the right order, wear Yeesha's reward shirt the entire time, do all the actions and link back to rainy cleft, and input the correct code into the holo viewer. The regular egg room was in Kirel (released delayed by DRC in MOUL). I always hit the invisible wall when trying to jump the outside fence at the Riven remnants. The telescope won't work either. There might be a new procedure but I've not heard of one... Hey, Dadguy! Can you find this EE too?

+Quote Post
d'rbeh
post Mar 13 2007, 02:55 PM
Post #14

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 2,050

i actually heard the hidden room at the volcano was a mini - Krispy Kreme the bahro were adding for future tourists. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yew Azwell
post Apr 24 2007, 04:44 AM
Post #15

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,224

QUOTE (d @ Mar 13 2007, 03:55 PM) *
i actually heard the hidden room at the volcano was a mini - Krispy Kreme the bahro were adding for future tourists. smile.gif

If that were true, and the Bahro really are seeking revenge for thousands of years of slavery, wouldn't they call it Krispy D'ni instead? laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th November 2019 - 06:14 AM