> Sharper's Office Bahro Stone Link
IBnetweasel
post Jun 24 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #1

Proud Papa
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 734

Curiosity struck me again as I linked via this stone again. Why did Yeesha place a stone here? Why does it lead to an upturned mushroom in teledahn? Is there any point to linking to this mushroom? There isn't anything there, but was there ver supposed to be, or will there be anything there in the future?

These are some of the questions that flipped through my head as I stood around looking at stuff. I always thought there should have been another relto page there or something. It has a lot of the same feeling as the bahro stone link at the end of the walkway by the ferry terminal in Ae'gura that leads to the dock page. Anyway, just thought I'd pose my questions to everyone to see if anyone has some input on the matter. Thanks for your imput!

IB

--------------------
Let your mind open and follow what your heart desires. Look to the stars, explore your surroundings, and let yourself go.
Life is a journey...make your path!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kurtg1265
post Jun 24 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #2

Cactus King
Group Icon

Group: Veteran Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 93

I got the idea that Sharper used that spot to study Shroomies. I cant recall right off hand how he came about getting the stone to link to there though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jipski the great
post Jun 25 2006, 01:03 AM
Post #3

Uru Explorer
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 3,665

I also thought that... But shouldn't there be a link back to the office? I think when you study an 'animal' and you've found out something you want to get back quickly to your office linking.gif

JTG whistling.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
BobC
post Jun 25 2006, 10:08 AM
Post #4

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,217

I always thought the stone was left from an earlier time. I suspect that there was probably something there in the past. IIRC the catwalk leading to that area abruptly ends, as if it were dismantled or broken away.

+Quote Post
MysterExile_III
post Jun 25 2006, 11:13 AM
Post #5

Uru Explorer
Group Icon

Member No.: 345

I think if any other the it had been used by any of the DRC guys they certainely would have left a linking book back to wherever they had found the stone; it doesn't seem like any of them would be found of swimming. Even if they did get back to the main part by water, it would takequite a bit of hiking to get back on the path.

I agree with Bob that there was something mounted on it or it had been used to support the walkway before it had broken away because the path seems to lead straight to it. Maybe it holds something in the future of Uru live, but at the very least I think it's there to offer a different perspective when viewing the age.

--------------------

+Quote Post
L'lee
post Jun 25 2006, 11:54 PM
Post #6

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 1,084

Wasn't there some sort of a broken cable/pulley/bucket lying at the catwalk there? I remember trying every which way to get over to it to try to fix it, to no avail... *shtrug* I figure the broken-off shroom must hold some significance for the future of LIVE, since nothing is ever included for no good reason, but don't quite know what that is...

--------------------
When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my response is,
"I am thankful that I have a cup!"

+Quote Post
IBnetweasel
post Jun 28 2006, 01:55 AM
Post #7

Proud Papa
Group Icon

Hmmm...it's all thinking points...pretty much my mind went enerywhere you guys discussed.

That's about where I am L'lee...Good thinking...hee

I hope that tons of awesome stuff happens in Live to tie up loose ends (and create many...many more)! smile.gif

IB

This post has been edited by IBnetweasel: Jun 28 2006, 01:56 AM

--------------------
Let your mind open and follow what your heart desires. Look to the stars, explore your surroundings, and let yourself go.

+Quote Post
MysterExile_III
post Jun 28 2006, 12:42 PM
Post #8

Uru Explorer
Group Icon

Member No.: 345

I think another reason that the stone wasn't used by DRC guys is because if you listen to the speech in the DRC hood back in To D'ni they talk about "mysterious stones and tapestries appearing" and that they advise against using these items. I don't see why if they didn't think it safe enough to let any explorers use them why they would be willing to go themselves.

--------------------

+Quote Post
IBnetweasel
post Jun 29 2006, 03:38 AM
Post #9

Proud Papa
Group Icon

Well...about that...Sharper did kind of like to go against the grain of the main DRC current sometimes...doesn't mean he used it...but if someone from the DRC would, kind of seems like he'd be it.

IB

OOOO!!! Post number 50!!! That makes me an URU FAN! yay.gif

This post has been edited by IBnetweasel: Jun 29 2006, 03:40 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trillian
post Aug 1 2006, 01:54 AM
Post #10

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 41

As I recall, he was also a bit of a hunter...

--------------------
Trillian

The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

ril glahsemah remerk
donít drink the poisoned water (Rawa).

kimages

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th December 2019 - 03:39 PM