Tehanu
post May 27 2007, 08:22 AM
Post #31

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 5,444

QUOTE (Lord Chaos @ May 27 2007, 01:49 PM) *
Minkata is really the best puzzle I've run into in a long time. Very subtle spoiler, more like operational philosophy:
Click here to view/hide a spoiler.
The clues are all there, folks. You just use classic Myst skills: pay attention and notice the details, and think about how they fit. Also, the Age is very stable for me. I have never crashed out of it, even when just standing there for a long time while figuring things out. One sentence summary for how to work Minkata: "Why is this here?" smile.gif In an echo of Riven, there's even more than one say to solve the problem.

I crashed out just once but it was at a pivotal moment! down.gif
But it was okay because when I came back all progress was intact smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post May 27 2007, 12:46 PM
Post #32

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 2,857

Hmm, I just CTDed when trying to link back to Minkata. I am guessing it was tired of me running round, going nowhere so the game booted me!!

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post
CAGrayWolf
post May 27 2007, 12:56 PM
Post #33

The Wolfmeister
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 35

QUOTE (Lord Chaos @ May 27 2007, 05:49 AM) *
About Minkata and Wolfie's note...
I tried a couple of times going back to night rather than linking out after getting the first glyph, but it never registered. I'd come back into the Age and see no glowing zig-zag. If I link out from the daylight corral and then come back, I still have the glowing zig-zag there. It could very well be that I ws making other mistakes...

LC ... this is definitely a bug then that should have been fixed, and you probably really should report. Now that I understand what is happening to you, you have little choice. This isn't happening for me though and is why I stated that you do no need to "link out" for anything to register.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ja'de
post May 27 2007, 01:31 PM
Post #34

Guild Master
Group Icon

Group: Admin (Admin)
Member No.: 19

QUOTE (CAGrayWolf @ May 27 2007, 01:56 PM) *
QUOTE (Lord Chaos @ May 27 2007, 05:49 AM) *
About Minkata and Wolfie's note...
I tried a couple of times going back to night rather than linking out after getting the first glyph, but it never registered. I'd come back into the Age and see no glowing zig-zag. If I link out from the daylight corral and then come back, I still have the glowing zig-zag there. It could very well be that I ws making other mistakes...

LC ... this is definitely a bug then that should have been fixed, and you probably really should report. Now that I understand what is happening to you, you have little choice. This isn't happening for me though and is why I stated that you do no need to "link out" for anything to register.

I never did see any glowing in the corral in night mode. Only in Day mode. I did obtain a couple in night mode consecutively and as long as I found the glyph, it registered but I didn't see it untill I went to day mode. Am I misunderstanding? I never even touched the stone in the corral until I'd obtained all 5

--------------------

+Quote Post
J'iim
post May 27 2007, 02:02 PM
Post #35

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,706

As far as I can tell you must...
find the correct floater glyph and walk through it to make that stone in the kiva (hole) register. I always switch back to day mode by touching the stone in the enclosure after making it back to verify that I have finished that course. I have not tried to wait till I finish all 5 courses before touching the stone in the enclosure.

After verifying that the course registered by checking that the corresponding piece of the portal symbol is lit in day mode, I switch back to night mode, go to kiva (hole) #1 and reset it to day mode to continue with the next course.

This post has been edited by J'iim: May 27 2007, 02:13 PM

+Quote Post
memiki
post May 27 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #36

Honorary Greeter
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

Well I have always
touch stone each time so I can see how I am progressing.

Granny faints first spoiler I ever did and it worked smile.gif

This post has been edited by memiki: May 27 2007, 02:13 PM

--------------------
Beta Forum Name: Granny63 now Granny70
In my heart, I will always be a Greeter, once a greeter always a greeter

+Quote Post
Lord Chaos
post May 27 2007, 06:31 PM
Post #37

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 3,876

I've done some more checking...
"Registering" a cave-glyph does work if you touch the centre stone, going to day. You'll see your progress, but it's not saved until you either Relto out and come back, or go back to night and then walk to any convenient cave and use that stone to go back to daylight. Then you'll see your added symbol, and can go on to the next one.

And yes, you can...
...keep doing caves and glyphs without going to the centre to register them, but the problem is that the constellations get all piled up. This makes it harder to find the glyph for each successive cave. If you go through the individual "registration" process the constellations are reset for you.

About the music...
Mine has quit working. I don't know how well it's working for others. I heard music for cave number 2 and that guided me to it. I heard it for cave number 3, but after that just silence. I head music when the various other changes occurred, but no more cave music and now it doesn't work for number 2 either. This taught me that my math for number 2 was way off and I got the cave only through the music. Lack of music forced recalculation, and I was off by about 50%. Sigh. What I get for doing it late at night.

Goodies...
There are boots in cave #4, at night. Hard to see. As you face the standing stone, they're on your left. There's also a soccer ball about 30 seconds straight south of the fourth cave. Getting it back to the cenre area is a challenge, but don't stop because if you do you'll never find it again. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
J'iim
post May 27 2007, 07:17 PM
Post #38

Uru Guru
Group Icon

The reward music...
seems to only work if you are following the individuals legs as outlined in the course layout book. The music seems to be in a cone shaped area with the point at the goal widening out and encompassing the last waypoint before the goal. if you have followed the course instead of just summing all the vectors and going direct, the music should trigger as you approach the goal from that last waypoint. It does seem a bit buggy though.

+Quote Post
dadguy
post May 27 2007, 08:12 PM
Post #39

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 28

By the way, Greetings to new forum member Tehanu! We hope to see you in URU Live!

Dadguy

+Quote Post
Nighthawk
post May 27 2007, 09:05 PM
Post #40

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 577

QUOTE (Ayli @ May 26 2007, 10:51 PM) *
Just to repeat what Ja'de said.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT
to play Uru through GameTap (for those who subscribe to it) as the numbers of how many play the game are counted that way. So if you want to make a difference and see Uru continue to survive, every log-in counts.

I understand, if there are issues and there is no other way to get to Uru... but please try to resolve that issue by submitting a ticket.

QUOTE (kurtg1265 @ May 26 2007, 11:58 PM) *
Per GD in a chatlog with him HERE it doesnt matter if you go through GT or not. Cyan will still get their numbers.

(05/02 17:32:42) Thanakar: GD, does using the direct launcher screw the numbers up for Cyan?
(05/02 17:33:32) Greydragon: Thanakar , well using gametap helps gametap see that you are interesting in uru
(05/02 17:33:46) Marcello: thanakar or the othere way around.... does the Gametap client do that wink3.gif
(05/02 17:34:06) Greydragon: We get the #s either way.. lol
(05/02 17:34:20) petfam: good to know GD thx

After re-reading the log Kurt refered to, I suspect that both he and Ayli are correct. I think what Ayli says is still correct. If you want GameTap to tally your MO:UL play, you need to go through the GameTap interface.

I think what GD said in the chatlog Kurt mentions means that Cyan gets the numbers of logins to the Live server directly from the server. But when they do, I don't think they are necessarily the same numbers that GameTap gets. And that is the problem.

My guess is that GameTap wants to see the login numbers via their interface. It might be hard for them to sort out which are international players using the standalone, or US or Candian players not using the GT interface.

And try to remember that in order to support Cyan, we need to first support GT. I like their product anyway and use it for other games than MO:UL. But I am there because of URU.

I too, initially, used the launcher shortcut, for the same stabilty reasons others have mentioned. I think GT has solved a lot of those problems since the early days, and they keep upgrading the GT interface all the time. For the past few months, I have been using the GT interface, exclusively, without any problems whatsoever.

So, if you haven't tried it lately, try using it. I think it really does help Cyan, because it gives GT their own direct metrics.

And if you still experience problems, try the GT support to work them out. If that doesn't work, at least GT knows you tried, and if it does, I think you will be pleased.

biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
nutrioso
post May 27 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #41

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 713

This is going to sound like I can't find my way around anywhere.

I have run till I was lost in the dust. yucky.gif

I heard the music and went all around till it quit.

I have yet to find a cave. headbang.gif

Are the caves holes in the ground? Do the craters in any way get you into a cave? confused1.gif

My math is impossible. So forget trying to do it that way. Just someone let me know what a cave looks like.

When I do find one I am going to be sooooo embaressed that I posted this. blush.gif

--------------------
Wherever you go..........There you are!!!!

+Quote Post
memiki
post May 27 2007, 09:26 PM
Post #42

Honorary Greeter
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

Well Nighthawk I have been supporting Gametap even before URU was put on it. I have been a member for quite awhile.
I pay yearly fees to Gametap

I am just fearful if I try the gametap again I will not get it to work again as it took me quite awhile to get it to work before and it took a Gametap support person to help me do it.

I have not played anything else on Gametap since URU started as I was afraid it would mess it up.

--------------------
Beta Forum Name: Granny63 now Granny70
In my heart, I will always be a Greeter, once a greeter always a greeter

+Quote Post
J'iim
post May 27 2007, 09:27 PM
Post #43

Uru Guru
Group Icon

QUOTE (nutrioso @ May 27 2007, 10:08 PM) *
I heard the music and went all around till it quit.
The music means you are between the final waypoint and the cave. This does not necessarily mean you are close enough to see it

Are the caves holes in the ground?
Yes

Do the craters in any way get you into a cave? confused1.gif
No

Just someone let me know what a cave looks like.
Just like a crater except you will will not see any black part of a scar. you see only white ridge.

Any other questions? whistling.gif

edit:

This post has been edited by J'iim: May 27 2007, 09:37 PM

+Quote Post
nutrioso
post May 27 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #44

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 713

J'iim!! Thanks!! clapping.gif You're the best. At least now I know what I am looking for. worship.gif

--------------------
Wherever you go..........There you are!!!!

+Quote Post
racegirl
post May 27 2007, 11:50 PM
Post #45

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,608

As an international player, I can confirm that I don't or can't use the GT interface at all - the login thingy is directly to MOUL. I didn't get any option to choose - nothing whatsoever from GT came up.

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity.....
......I enjoy it!

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2019 - 07:47 AM