buy antibiotics without prescription
Guild of Greeters   Suitable for Every Age   

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Important Announcement, The time has come....
Tijara
post Oct 31 2007, 10:08 AM
Post #1

Founder
Group Icon

Group: Admin (Admin)
Member No.: 1

Dear Greeters & Friends,

The time has come for me to retire. For a long time I have been unhappy with the direction the guild has taken. As Uru has evolved the game environment and community have changed (in my opinion for the worse) and we were forced to follow the tides. I realise that change is inevitable but I do not like where this evolution has taken us and no longer wish to be a part of it.

This has long since stopped being fun. I started this for the love of the game, but that soon grew into a love and deep respect for the community, but those feelings are gone now and I have been continuing out of obligation and loyalty to a dying guild. Where is the fun in that? Life is short and time is precious and it is time for me to hang up my Grand Poobah Hat and focus on other things.

To those of you who have been with the guild from the beginning, I thank you all. Together we did an amazing thing. It has been a wild journey that has taken us through four pretty turbulent years of good times, fun times, sad times and mad times, but together we made it through.

To our fantastic staff (past and present), what can I say? You guys are truly the best. How did I get so lucky as to find all you great and talented people to help me with this venture. You have all been an unending source of friendship, support and loyalty. There are no words to express my gratitude adequately.

To all those who offered me advice, guidance and a shoulder or two over the years. Thank you again for your support and loyalty. Particular shout-outs to (in no particular order) Ayli, Cats, Granny, Indy, Ja'de, Jenny, L'lee, Nerfy, Pepsi, Rabbit, Racie, Ron, Shy, Tech, Terra and Woflie. You guys have been great friends and I would not have made it without you guys standing by my side (I hope I didn't forget anyone!).

This has been a wonderful experience that has taught me so very much, and one that I will carry with me forever.

It is my sincere wish that the Guild lives on and that the Greeters continue to do good work helping others in the cavern. I hope that those of you who remain remember where we came from, what our true purpose is and try to honour that legacy.

Yours truly,

Tijara
Grand Master of the Guild of Greeters.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CAGrayWolf
post Oct 31 2007, 12:02 PM
Post #2

The Wolfmeister
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 35

Dearest Tij,

I am so sorry to hear this, yet it isn't unexpected. As you well know ... or at least I'm pretty sure you do ... I do and have been feeling the same way for a while now. As many here probably know ... I have been holding on by a thread ... for the very same reasons ... obligation and loyalty. I, as well as a few others have been hanging on, but we have all also agreed that it has stopped being fun, and has become more frustrating.

I wish you the best, as I also hope we can remain friends. You have brought a simple idea ... and nurtured it along for four years now. I am proud and honoured to have traveled this road with you from the very beginning ... despite the bad times ... and always remember the fun times. It truly has been and honour and pleasure to work and in a few cases explore with you. You will be missed.

Not sure what else to say ... except THANK YOU for all you have done. hug_squeeze.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
indy
post Oct 31 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #3

Grand Master
Group Icon

Group: Veteran Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 63

Dear Tij,

I'm sure you have thought long about this but there comes a time in everybody's life they have to let go and move on. Just like Wolfie said this might be true for more people. UrU has changed; for some for the worse for some for the best.

I also want to thank you for making the Guild Of Greeters our home for all these years. I'm very proud to have been part of it.

Thank you for everything and I wish you all the best in the future. I hope you will find a new challenge and hope you will think of me when you are building something great as the GoG again hug_squeeze.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ayli
post Oct 31 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #4

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 7

down.gif

Please respond to this thread as only mods can post here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
d'rbeh
post Oct 31 2007, 03:01 PM
Post #5

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Guild Master (GM)
Member No.: 2,050

well, among the mods, i just wanted to say thank you for the opportunity you provided for me here. you trusted in me and believed in me.

thanks so much, and we'll see each other in other realms...

hug the boys for me, won't you?

hug.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th December 2019 - 04:39 PM