> Museum Age Map Markings, Looking for a few good words
J'iim
post Apr 2 2007, 08:51 PM
Post #1

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,706

I put this out for the world at large because I will be the first to admit I have no ability to translate D'ni. If anyone can translate or suggest a more proper English spelling of the D'ni phrases on the Museum Age map, please post here. I am pretty sure I have the correct D'ni characters copied. The encoding is for the D'ni Script from Cyan.

The second one, Gahrano Vahmot, I've seen translated as Great Eastern Sea (Big East Water).

Click here to view/hide a spoiler.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Yew Azwell
post Apr 24 2007, 03:35 AM
Post #2

Uru Visitor
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 5,224

well, I am actually working on a rather ambitious project. I am attempting to create a journal with all the information about the d'ni I can gather. I want to have their number system, their timekeeping system (and it's conversions into earth time), their alphabet, all their grammar rules, a dictionary, holidays, timelines, kings, social practices, etc.. etc.. basically, a codex on the D'ni.

Why I am doing this, I don't rightly know unsure.gif but it may prove useful to me at some point in the Uru experience! laugh.gif

And thank you! I look forward to being apart of yet another forum! (this makes forum number ten for me..although I only check about half of them regularly)

+Quote Post
jarelav
post Apr 24 2007, 12:55 PM
Post #3

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Website Contributor (Greeter)
Member No.: 4,899

QUOTE (Yew Azwell @ Apr 23 2007, 10:35 PM) *
I want to have their number system, their timekeeping system (and it's conversions into earth time), their alphabet, all their grammar rules, a dictionary, holidays, timelines, kings, social practices, etc.. etc.. basically, a codex on the D'ni.

Our website has lots of resources. For the D'ni language and timelines, try this GoG resource

See you in the Cavern sometime!

--------------------
jarel, formerly Schlomo
MOULa KI: 00405546

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2019 - 08:24 PM