> Submarine Door
Kaym
post Jul 19 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #1

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Group: Explorer
Member No.: 5,248

I really hate to ask for help with this. I have played Riven through before. Wanted to play it again. I am in the submarine, but cannot find any way to get the door shut. If anyone remembers, please tell me how. I don't seem to have much patience when I am playing these games over again and still can't get them easily. I am very glad there are still people around who love all things Myst.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dadguy
post Jul 19 2009, 10:49 PM
Post #2

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 28

Where are you, Kaym? I have played the game dozens of times and when I get in, the door shuts by itself and I can move forward. This makes me think that you are getting in the sub in a place that I haven't been before.

ALSO, are we sure we are talking about the submarine that is in the water on the forest island? This is the one that visits several areas where we have to conduct certain chores to proceed. Some folks think of the metal transport from island-to-island as a submarine.

Where are you getting into the submarine? Give us some specifics. :-)

Cheers,

Dadguy

+Quote Post
Kaym
post Jul 20 2009, 10:07 AM
Post #3

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Hello Dadguy,
I think it is forest island. I went up the ladders and through the village to find the sub close to the three alters. This is the sub that goes to the schoolroom.

+Quote Post
Lord Chaos
post Jul 20 2009, 11:19 AM
Post #4

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,876

There's something else you need to do first. Yes, you discover the submarine car up there... but it's not very useful to you up there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kaym
post Jul 20 2009, 05:53 PM
Post #5

Uru Fan
Group Icon

Thanks, Lord Chaos and Dadguy. I finally figured out that submarines don't go anywhere in the air. It is nice to know that help is near when needed.

+Quote Post
dadguy
post Jul 20 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #6

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Member No.: 28

Lord Chaos has it! It sounds as though you climbed up to the little Riven Village at the top of the ladders and found the submarine next to the burning embers, high above the lake. If LC's hint is not enough, here is some extra help:

Click here to view/hide a spoiler.
The submarine won't close and become operational until it is lowered into the water. Then you have to find how to get to the submarine at it's new location in the water. When you find it and get in, the door will close automatically behind you.

Dadguy

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2019 - 11:22 AM