> Last Person To Post Here Wins!, Posting game
Rex Havoc
post Jul 7 2018, 11:41 AM
Post #7651

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Group: Moderator (Mod)
Member No.: 2,857

Adds another layer of dust, grabs flag, then vanishes. . .

--------------------

Ki# 651166
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lord Chaos
post Jul 8 2018, 08:05 AM
Post #7652

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Greeter (Greeter)
Member No.: 3,876

...notices there is no longer a flag; the field is wide open.

...makes a new flag from an old towel and scrap lumber, plants it, and saunters away.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post Jul 8 2018, 11:24 AM
Post #7653

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Sadly, old flag was VERY flammable. The intense sun light coupled with a drop of water on an Indigo Buntings foot, caused the makeshift marker to burst into flames, removing, in the process, any evidence of ownership. Having gleened many skills from watching D’ni Craftsman over the past many years, I honed blocks, taken from the very Cavern walls and expertly and carefully intertwined them into an obelisk, not unlike what was found in “The Trio” stories. Touching specific stones, in a specific order, will open a hidden, secret panel on the face of the structure. Here, one will find an indentation matching, it so happens, my special, D’ni made blue stoned ring. Upon mating the ring to the indentation, a marker appears over the top of the obelisk, in a corresponding colour to the ring stone. This will clearly indicate the present owner of the obelisk. Me, in this case. (Blue is taken. . .)

Rings can be purchased from any member establishment of the Ae’gura Merchants Assoc. Please be aware that they are not open on Sunday’s.

Caution should be exercised. Detection of any counterfeit identification stones could be harmful to your health...

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post Jul 9 2018, 11:20 AM
Post #7654

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Special News! Rings are 25% off at all Ae'gura Merchants, today and today only. Coupons are available at Havoc Relto, tucked into the Nexus Linking Book... You're welcome! (Proceeds go to the Save Our Lake Foundation / Arch Revitalization Project.)

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post
Lord Chaos
post Jul 9 2018, 02:05 PM
Post #7655

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Examining the beautifully made obelisk with its pretty blue light on top, I notice that the foundation is a little sketchy. Perhaps the builder was in a hurry to get it erected before the next seiche wave arrived. Successive seiches have softened the ground. The obelisk begins to tilt. Eventually, deprived of support, it slowly falls over. At which point I carve an indigo bunting from a nearby piece of stone and perch it atop the fallen obelisk. No need to pay extortionate rates for a ring!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post Jul 9 2018, 02:35 PM
Post #7656

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Ah blue, the rights to "Blue" are still held by Sir Rex Havoc, Esq. and thus he remains the owner.

Quietly carts off obelisk parts and contacts foundation builder. He obviously used materials from Eder Gira. That volcanic stuff just doesn't cut it. Thanks Yeesha, for your wonderful recommendation. I knew I should have contacted the Gahreesen Builders... The obelisk could have rotated! (This may STILL happen!!)

(Obviously, someone does not care to help save the Arch or the Lake... Sigh)

This post has been edited by Rex Havoc: Jul 9 2018, 02:37 PM

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post
Lord Chaos
post Jul 9 2018, 10:42 PM
Post #7657

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Ties a pretty purple cloth around the blue glow and thinks "Much better now."

As for taking care of the lake... well, the last time I was involved with that, it was a very long, involved, cryptic process with no feedback, so I had to take the word of people who said they knew the story. I don't know where they got the information. I prefer going from first principles, and for that the mechanism was lacking. Are explosions good? And there was so much time between starting the pressure-treatment or baking process and actually getting the product that it was easy to forget.

Last I saw of the Arch, it was in good shape. Still had lights on at the base, which is quite a trick.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rex Havoc
post Aug 1 2018, 07:44 PM
Post #7658

Retired GuildMaster
Group Icon

Who are these strangers in the city, now! They know nothing of the trials and tribulations, as well as the athletic prowess that has shown itself within those walls! Being last is not always a good thing, yet today, it is the penultimate achievement!

--------------------

Ki# 651166

+Quote Post
Lord Chaos
post Aug 2 2018, 08:58 PM
Post #7659

Uru Guru
Group Icon

It's a new generation, Rex. I don't know any of them. I check the MOUL forum just to see if anything interesting is going on, but I have nothing in common with them. The torch has passed, and my focus is in Second Life now. We can actually make stuff there. Day by day.

Second Life has mechanisms that make life much easier. There are many dances and they keep going as long as you want. A connection to a Shoutcast server is made through the land itself, so there's no need for hosts to walk people through getting connected. I'll admit that little of what's in SL appeals to me, but it's big enough that there are corners and niches of many kinds. I've found places where I fit, with my predilection for many colors, music, and reading poetry at parties.

--------------------

+Quote Post

511 Pages V  « < 509 510 511
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th August 2018 - 09:01 AM