> What Happened?, Trap book question
Ken Telinome
post Feb 10 2005, 04:23 PM
Post #1

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,259

There are lots and lots of debates as to what exactly the book was that trapped Gehn, as Atrus' explanation doesn't always satisfy. I, however, am not concerned with that.
I would like to know what happened to the book afterwards? Did Catherine take it to Tay, or did she destroy it? If she took it to Tay, how could she be certain that Gehn wouldn't escape again? But did she have time to destroy it?
Which brings up another conundrum: did Atrus and Catherine save a way to get to Tay? It seems kinda odd that Catherine would permanently sever herself from her family and friends.

--------------------

Avatar: Ken Telinome | KI: 00329185 | Blog: Living an Ecumenical Life
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gadren
post Feb 10 2005, 05:13 PM
Post #2

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 1,226

I would like to know what happened to the book afterwards? Did Catherine take it to Tay, or did she destroy it? If she took it to Tay, how could she be certain that Gehn wouldn't escape again? But did she have time to destroy it?

at the end of Riven, you see Catherine with the Book, giving it to Atrus...Atrus puts it in his knapsack. likely it's being held in some vault somewhere.

Which brings up another conundrum: did Atrus and Catherine save a way to get to Tay? It seems kinda odd that Catherine would permanently sever herself from her family and friends.

short answer: she kept the Link to Tay.
the evidence is in Revelation: [ENDGAME SPOILER]
Click here to view a spoiler.

+Quote Post
Ken Telinome
post Feb 10 2005, 06:14 PM
Post #3

Uru Guru
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,259

Ah, thank you Gadren. I never noticed Catherine giving the book to Atrus before.

Where in Revelation is Catherine's journal? I've read about it but I've never been able to find it.

--------------------

Avatar: Ken Telinome | KI: 00329185 | Blog: Living an Ecumenical Life

+Quote Post
Gadren
post Feb 10 2005, 06:16 PM
Post #4

Uru Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Retired Greeter
Member No.: 1,226

QUOTE (Ken Telinome @ Feb 10 2005, 05:14 PM)
Ah, thank you Gadren.  I never noticed Catherine giving the book to Atrus before.

Where in Revelation is Catherine's journal?  I've read about it but I've never been able to find it.

Catherine's journal is in a drawer in the lab (the room where Yeesha had her beetles that you may or may not have released).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2019 - 03:00 AM